+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I tried to listen to David's "vlog" but I couldn't get it to play. If anyone can remember what else he said about Lisa being robbed, could you post it here?

I bet it was Vern who was against sending Lisa home. He hated the "bar stools missing" room. I hope that designer goes home next week, or at least Robb. What a buffoon he is.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2495322;
    YAY

Surprisingly the halfpipe in that room worked. I didn't love the room but it wasn't bad.

Who was the guy working with Robb? He was an idiot. Claiming to have all these skills and not being able to deliver. Josh *mouth drops open* he could have seriously hurt somebody when that piece of wood went flying. Insane. Robb and Organic Josh's room was horrible. My 4-year old could have designed a better room.
    I would have liked to see the half-pipe turned into a slide to end up in the pit that they converted into a dining area. I would have filled it with pillow or those plastice balls for a soft landing. Lol, not really, but I wouldn't want skate boarding in my home. Good grief, think of the high insurance costs!
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2495290;
    I didn't do too well either (I'm the other one! Join us....). I had the first person who got eliminated as winning it all because I liked her look and I had the first person eliminated as the guy with the long hair from TN. LOL then again, I'm exactly known for calling these right (winners on reality shows).
    I joined! And I had exactly the same picks as you did.

Well, it is fun at least.

I think part of the problem was I didn't understand how to "play" but I think I've got it now. Hoping its one of those odds thing and with me picking next weeks challenge winners that are lower rated than everybody else's I'll get more points! LOL

OK... you guys want to predict the winner? At this point its more who you would like to win. I think I'd like to see Will or Sparkle win because I would so watch a show with either in them. They just crack me up.

Alright for those who couldn't get it to load.. here is my quickly typed recap. I typed as he talked so I tried my best to get it all.

He spends the first few moments talking about his first time on the show and what the contestants are going through and how its different now than last time. Mentions that the budget must be bigger this year. Recaps the events.

Talks about Will/Josh and how well they worked together and how nice the room was but it was safe and serene.

Small bedroom - Christina and Adrianna - didn't work well together - different design - making fun of the compromising thing - thought the design was OK with elements that were ok but overall boring.

Lisa - *poor Lisa because she was by herself* he thought it was interesting and she had cool ideas that didn't relate well on camera - he thought it was elementary and overall OK *not all that great*.

He thought the worst space was Rob/Josh "EW.. took a cool space... and made bad things with bad colors "hideous and looked like a harem... looked like 80's threw up all over it... it was the worst."

Nareeja could have gone crazy but just painted and didn't do a good job at that and no bar stools 'hello.. no excuse! bar..bar stools!' could have done cool art, cool sculptures, poor executed. She decorated with good choices in color and got by on that.

Scott/Kim/Todd - he thought it was incredible and the halfpipe was genius .. thought the whole thing was functional and genius... dining area was great.... nook was what he loved the most.. brilliant.. nice design.. creative... good choice in color.

Judges thoughts - agreed with them except he felt that Josh/Rob were the worst - wrong colors, hideous, poor execution. Lisa got shafted - makes fun of an entryway having to be functional .. its an entryway... it only needs to be functional. He said she should have gone for big gestures instead of the phone book.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-30-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Kao

Poor Lisa, she got robbed, and definitely should not had been the first person to go home. That should have been Rob and Eco-boy, who basically did nothing except buy a bunch of pillows and a car door and decorated. I also think Eco-boy overstated his abilities a bit when he as making the furniture.

I'm extremely disliking Ms Georgia Peach (aka: Ms. "I'm just doing this for a hobby because I am a bored pampered housewife, tee hee!") I had her pegged as a little spoiled witch from the very beginning, and unfortunately my impression of her seems to be right on the money; when they started talking about the accessories, was it REALLY necessary to pipe in with "Oh, I didn't want those...but SHE did it anyway?" Ugh. I can't WAIT until she gets put with Nareeja or Kim, because I don't think they will put up with her passive-agressive shennanigans.

LOVED the Sparkle twins room, and Scott/Kim/Todd's area. Simply beautiful, and Todd's like a great golden retriever with a human body, lol! Nareeja better get a grip, because she might be going next.

These personalities are so extreme these contestants are like stereotypes. Lisa and Mr. Pillows were definitely the weakest of the bunch...it didn't matter to me which of the two got sent home. The car door on the wall was literal and ridiculous and so were the names painted backwards on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff;2498298;
    These personalities are so extreme these contestants are like stereotypes. Lisa and Mr. Pillows were definitely the weakest of the bunch...it didn't matter to me which of the two got sent home. The car door on the wall was literal and ridiculous and so were the names painted backwards on the wall.
    You're so right. The entrance to the work room and the car door might work in a frat house but not here. It must be hard, though to be the first person eliminated. How embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2504615;
    You're so right. The entrance to the work room and the car door might work in a frat house but not here. It must be hard, though to be the first person eliminated. How embarrasing.
    Maybe they saw Trading Spaces. I know they have used car parts before (both the kids and adult version)

Seriously, though. The car door did not work.

I feel guilty that she left. It seems like whenever I pick someone to win, they don't. Last time I was right was ANTM 4.

Once again we have two valid bottom two.... and the lesser of two evils went home (in my opinion.) Rob once again proved that he had 1) is so not a team player and 2) has very little design style as the designers slammed his crackle contribution. And yet they apparently pull the old standby of keeping the controversial one for ratings. Have they not seen what that did for Trading Spaces' ratings??? This is not the audience that wants controversy.

That is in no way saying that I thought Josh contributed "more", but while he wasn't a team leader.. he was a good team player.

I'm so annoyed.

It's on now on the west coast, 8:00PM

If anyone wants updates, just ask!

BTW, Robb is causing mucho problems within the first 15 minutes of the show. Big surprise!
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-06-2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added something
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread