+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by doriangz;2494997;
    Has anyone noticed that in the season preview they had a very clear shot .... of the last two back to the camera ?
    I don't quite understand what you mean by "of the last two back to the camera".
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2494993;
    Don't hate me, Broadway, but I have to say I agree with the elimination tonight. I have to agree with what Vern said about it. And it wasn't her phone book sculpture that I even noticed, what I noticed was how her space was awkward and had a cluttered look to it... nothing relaxing about the area at all. It also looked sloppily done to me, especially the area to the right of the garage doors where she painstakingly laid green stones with whatever else that mess was. It looked very amateurish and unnatural, to me. And that sitting bench was just awkward and too big, it extended into the painted 'pathway' in a way that made it look like a road hazard. And I didn't think she had a cohesive color scheme at all. All in all, the space seemed very amateurish, cluttered, and functionless. I have to agree with the elimination.

But please let me live to see another episode, Broadway?
    Oh no. I hate you now.. you must leave.

With all of that, you seriously felt it was worse than Robb's only contribution being hanging an old car door on a wall (too high, I might add)? I think Lisa's portfolio alone should have kept her over the crap that was Robb Mariani. If she had done it again I wouldn't be heartbroken over her going NEXT week, but I still felt that she was head and shoulders above Robb.

And did you see the looks on everyone's faces when he walked back in the room? The others were NOT happy.

And now I'm going to have to try very hard to not watch the previews so I don't have to see two people with their backs to the camera. I hate spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2494963;
    So far only one FORTer has joined my fantasy league (there is a free game going on at the official website, and you are all invited to join! The league number is 74 and the pw is forters), and I have to say I did not start off very well with my picks.
    I didn't do too well either (I'm the other one! Join us....). I had the first person who got eliminated as winning it all because I liked her look and I had the first person eliminated as the guy with the long hair from TN. LOL then again, I'm exactly known for calling these right (winners on reality shows).

I didn't see anyone's back to the wall in the previews, but it could be the top two, not the bottom two. Or it could be a picture of two in the middle and it was shot out of sequence. When it comes to reality shows, nothing mean something, and vice versa.

Next week they redo kitchens. Last year's kitchen redo had a lot of drama because they were all doing the same room. This season it looks as if they're broken into smaller groups and doing several kitchens. I could be wrong, but then again, it's reality TV!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

YAY Finally caught up and watched the last one.

Metro Hippy... anybody else SICK of hearing that? Well I am. I hate catch phrases.

Its amazing how my two early favs (Christina and Adriana turned into such annoying divas) and how Will and Josh (Sparkle! LOL) who I barely acknowledged have turned into ones I'm looking forward into getting to know more. I loved their room, its beautiful.

Its cracking me up seeing Will and Josh working so well together and bonding. Great job guys.

So how come none of you mentioned the stupid half-pipe idea or the phone book sculpture? Yikes! OK anybody remember the vacuum debacle from last season? Yeah, maybe Lisa should have taken note. Don't ever go too avante garde out there with your design ideas, it won't fly.

Surprisingly the halfpipe in that room worked. I didn't love the room but it wasn't bad.

Ones I want GONE. Neerja, Todd, Kim (not sure why, I just don't like her).

Who was the guy working with Robb? He was an idiot. Claiming to have all these skills and not being able to deliver. Josh *mouth drops open* he could have seriously hurt somebody when that piece of wood went flying. Insane. Robb and Organic Josh's room was horrible. My 4-year old could have designed a better room.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-30-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2495322;
    Its amazing how my two early faves (Christina and Adriana) turned into such annoying divas...
    Kim (not sure why, I just don't like her).
    Who was the guy working with Robb? He was an idiot. Claiming to have all these skills and not being able to deliver. Josh *mouth drops open* he could have seriously hurt somebody when that piece of wood went flying. Insane. Robb and Organic Josh's room was horrible. My 4-year old could have designed a better room.
    I agree about the "divas." I really didn't like Christina from the minute she opened her mouth in the preview show, and I'm stunned she is at the top of the Player Predictions (in that fantasy league I've posted about) for the challenge favorite next week, and second pick to win the game. What are people thinking??? And Adriana is the favorite to win the game, but after the way she bulldozed over her partner in the first challenge, I do not like her at all. I actually respect Najeera's out-front prickly attitude more.

As for Kim, maybe you don't like her because she said she is a hairdresser, not a designer. I cannot imagine why they would cast someone like that! I did not understand, however, since she and Scott were portrayed as working completely in tandem, why they put her in the middling group but put Scott and Skateboard Todd in the top group during the elimination segment. Given that they were only supposed to be judging by what they saw on TV, just like us, from that perspective Kim should have been in the same group as the rest of her team.

As for Eco Josh, I was very disappointed in his lack of skills, as he was one of my top picks based on the preview. Now I have to decide if I'm going to replace him as my game winner pick and go for less points, or give it another week and see if he can pull out of his crash trajectory (and then play for even less points if I have to change my pick later!)

Yup, their "room" was hideous. Lol on the 4-year-old comment! I don't have a 4-year-old, but I can remember back to being 4 years old, and am confident I could have done better at that age, too
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-30-2007 at 05:44 PM.

My choice for the challenge winner and my new choice for the overall winner.. well lets just say that they aren't as close to the top as I thought they would be going strictly off the recent challenge.

Refresh my memory, didn't last seasons winner also slam dunk his first challenge? Didn't he show right off the bat that he had an innate sense of style and color and space?

OK... so factor that into what we saw in this last show and I think you can make a fairly decent prediction as to at least the top 4 (unless of course the editing was that whacked and it is a reality show so you never know).

LOL 4 year olds are great decorators, maybe I should sign him up?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Refresh my memory, didn't last seasons winner also slam dunk his first challenge? Didn't he show right off the bat that he had an innate sense of style and color and space?

Not until the individual challenges, I think. The first challenge, the house they were living in - I can't remember if he worked on the patio or the bedroom. I think the second challenge, he worked on a kitchen with Donna and Temple who bickered amongst themselves the entire time.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Had a phone call that kept me from hearing the first thirty minutes, but I was watching.

Josh Sparkles caught my eye at the audition. He reminds me of Kayne G. from last years Project Runway. I loved what they did with the bedroom, but those beds were sooooooo close together that the middle person would have to crawl to the bottom just to get out of bed. Honey, for me, that's way too much work first thing in the morning!

Didn't really agree with who go sent home. If I had been a judge, my vote for the exit door would have gone to Neeraja for merely decorating and not designing. That light fixture looked like something I would have seen in my aunt's house. She was old, never married, lived with a cat and was slightly crazy (but then again, so was the cat!)

The two I can't stand: Christina and Neeraja

The two who'll probably grow on me: Kim or Adriana

The one I love to watch: Sparkly Josh

I think (unless my remember is wrong) that he designed that gorgeous orange and brown bedroom? The one with the circles?

You guys have to go to the official site and read David's vblog. The caption is "Lisa was robbed!"

Now somebody said that one of the judges was very against adding somebody and I speculated that it was Lisa. Seems to be pointing towards that being the reason she was let go. I think the female judge just really did not like her and she talked *insert name since I don't know who* into letting her go and evidently David wasn't agreeing with it. Now this is all my speculation but I think that Neeraja, Josh, or Rob should have been let go before her.

+ Reply to Thread