+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I hope this thread gets lots of traffic, this is one of my favorite shows. I think mostly because of the judges. I love Vern! And I really enjoy the challenges they come up with for their contestants and the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2487574;
    There was one guy from San Francisco (yeah!) who is mostly half-naked (yeah again!) and another one from St. Paul, Minnesota (another yeah!) who works solely with green/recycled products. Those are my top two because I'm from California but was born in St. Paul.

There's one lady from Georgia who has a voice that grated my ears so badly I had to use the mute button after a while.

There's one very, very over-the-top gay man with flowing blonde hair. He looks like he'll be fun. There was another one from the south who started decorating after a girlfriend left him.

The last memorable designer was a woman with two-toned hair who is hoot.

Has anyone seen last season's winner's show? It's really good. He's very good at what he does.
    I loved all of the people that you've mentioned. The guys look very talented, which is a bonus to them being freaking HOT.

The Nashville guy with the long blonde hair was a big fat NO! He's another Bobby Trendy-wannabe and I thought most of his schtick was an act. We'll see how much of it holds out, or hopefully he'll get kicked out soon.

The mother from Canton, GA.... my ears, my ears! I love Southern accents, but hers was just obnoxious.

And I love David Bromstead's show, Color Splash! He has always done beautiful rooms with multiple elements in each that I wish I could recreate. And I, too, love his artwork. I wonder if he sells any for a living?

I looked to see if David had his own website, but I came up with zilch. It would be cool to have one of his paintings. It seems he comes up with them at a moment's notice. He definitely deserved to win. This year's winner has big shoes to fill.

This season there were a few designers I wouldn't have accepted. That guy from the south who called his home the pimp house was one. Again, that lady from Georgia has a voice that makes my skin crawl. Oh the humanity! lol
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2487763;
    OK, my FORT friends, here is the page for the Design Star fantasy league I was talking about:
    HGTV - Design Star Fantasy Game

It's a free game on their site that you can play solo and also join a league just for fun. I have created a league, so PM me if you want to join and I'll PM you the league name and pw.
    I'm "replying" to my own post to move it to the current page where people might actually read it, lol.

I didn't watch the first season, but I did watch the audition show on Sunday. I adore Vern Yip, so was excited to see him. I didn't know he was a judge until I watched. I'm looking forward to this season.

Here are the names of the designers and their hometowns. I still can't figure out how to cut and paste their pictures. If someone could help, send me a note. I'm so tech-challenged it's pathetic! (:-

Scott Corridan
    Santa Barbara, CA

Lisa Millard
    Berwick, PA

Todd Davis
    San Francisco, CA

Kim Myles
    Queens, NY

Josh Foss
    St. Paul, MN

Adriana Nussbaumer
    Orange County, CA

Josh Johnson
    Hendersonville, TN

Christina Ray
    Canton, GA

Neeraja Lockart
    Palm Springs, CA

Will Smith
    Charlotte, NC

Robb Mariani
    Orlando, FL
    Last edited by roses4me; 07-24-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: oops
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

LG.

love this show. I'm glad it's back. I didn't get what "cat yoga" lady was trying to show the judges though, so I'm glad she didn't make the cut.

Was anyone else wondering who Vern was talking about when he said he wanted to keep on female contestant (when they were looking at the picture, but we couldn't see the front of them) and the female judge said "well who else would you cut instead?" I was just curious as to who Vern liked but the others were not so wild about. Maybe if she made the cut we'll find out later through the judges' comments.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well judging off the last season and just going totally off the cuff here with nothing to base this on.... I'm thinking its the woman with the two toned hair and the female judge just didn't like her on principle alone because she's too out there and "wild" and stuff.

*shrug*

We'll know for sure on Sunday but that's what I'm guessing just looking at the pictures.

FORT Newbie

I love this show and am glad to see a thread for it. I know it's not funny, but on the commercial they have been running before the show started, where the person cutting wood on the table saw lets that huge piece of plywood just fly, cracks me up. i'm just glad no one gets hurt.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Looking forward to this show since we are being deprived of a summertime Project Runway.

+ Reply to Thread