+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2547912;
    What gets me is that he had to put a lag bolt into the floor to center that platfomr. If they remove that platform that floor is ruined cause there is a big nasty hole in it.
    I noticed that too, and wondered about that. I guess since it was into the sub-floor they could just fill in the hole and put the wood flooring over it? Didn't seem like something he should do. That's why Mr and Mrs Wayne let them do the guest house!

I thought that room looked big enough for separate groupings of furniture, so I don't know why he even needed that platform. They had tons of eating space in the kitchen, so I thought the dining area was unnecessary.

What did David's video blog say about this ep with Robb leaving? I can't get the darn videos to play on my Mac

peachroses

Re-watching show now.....

I am re-watching the show now while din din is cooking and I realized that Will did most of the actual decorating in the Will/Todd room. We have not yet seen Todd do a normal room by himself. Sure he came up with the merry go round idea (can you imagine you toddlers playing with that), but Will came up with the color scheme and the design ideas, plus he selected most of the furniture. Will also came up with the framing idea for the Plasma TV which I think looks really great. I agree that Will does not have much camera presence, but if I had to choose any of these four do do my house, he would be the one. I also think Kim has a good eye and works really hard which I admire, but I would still like to see what she can do solo....... I love looking at Todd and think he is very creative... but I don't think he is a designer... a good carpenter is more like it.........
    Because I said so ....

I think Todd has gotten by being "just showy" no real substance. Will knows what he did wrong so I think it will be a Will/Kim final.

Kim really picked up her game to me. I didn't realize she had it in her.

Glad that Robb is HIStory!

There's an interview with Josh Johnson (Sparkle) on the network's website. Here is the link and title:

Design Star Blog : Home & Garden Television

JOSH HAS HEARD YOUR CRIES, SUPERFANS!

Enjoy.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Just read Josh's comments, thanks for the link roses4me. What a sweet man he is. I knew I liked him for a reason.

He's also got a really nice website.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Design Star is on tonight.

Yes, although alot of shows decided not to be on this week and this weekend because of the Labor Day Holiday Design Star is on tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I must be the only one watching tonight. I won't give the ending as this episode will be on again. It's a good one. One of the families lives not too far from me. How cool is that?
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

There is also going to be a Design Star Marathon on Monday, Labor Day, starting at 1 p.m e/p.

I missed the 9pm episode and had to catch the 1am. Overall all three designs were nice. From a strict design point of view I think Will's was the strongest. Kim and Todd both had space planning issues. I did also agree with the Judge's critiques of the contestents and felt they were dead on. But lets face it at this point in the game "hosting" skills are very important and Will really lacks that skill and that is why he was eliminated. I totally understand why. Kim on the other hand was totally adorable and really pulled me into her room. She really listened to her clients and gave them what they asked for. I am amazed she was able to accomplish as much as she was but did think there was a bit of ackwardness with some furniture placement. I also was under the impression the wood burning stove was supposed to be paint red??? I cannot believe that in this day and age that even in West Virginia and in such a dangerous job as coal mining the Dean Family were living so below standards.They looked as if they were living under the poverty line. That is disgraceful. On the other hand it was nice to finally see a Kim room. I do think there should have been more individual challenges as up this point I thought she had no personality and no design style. I still am not sure what her style is???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread