+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Ding. Dong. The witch is dead.

It was fun to see Wayne Newton so into the show. My dad's a big fan. That man has had a great face lift (or several). He still looks like Wayne Newton. Kenny Rogers take note.

I'm surprised everyone thought Kim did so well in her host video. I thought she started strong, but then her energy really fizzled and she was kinda all over the place.
    Last edited by miadora; 08-27-2007 at 01:16 PM.

David will be a hard act to follow. I love his show and his paintings. I'd love to have him design my dream home, but I'd want Vern to do the kids' rooms. Did you see him on Trading Spaces? Every time he had a kid's room, he went way beyond terrific.

If there was one designer on this season's show to design a room for me, it might be Will - I'm just not overly wowed yet.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2547588;
    I was pleasantly surprised by Kim. I didn't think she would do well on the hosting part at all and she was the best of the bunch. I thought she did a good job of trying to work with Robb, he is just not able to work well with others (does not play well with others!). She stuck up for herself, but Robb's ego was so big he just could never acknowledge that she could possbily be correct, or for that matter the judges either. He called them fools. He's quite delusional!

For all Robb's professed abilities he doesn't deliver very well at all. He was a major part of the debacle on the first design in their space and should have been sent home then. What's with the frig out in the yard. He made numerous mistakes costly them time--like not measuring the counter correctly. Wasn't that the very thing that Kim was trying to tell him, but he thought that he had more ability than her so he ignored what she was telling him.

I wish we could have seen the rest of what Kim was doing since she obviously didn't get to finish.

Will needs to step it up if he's going to win. He did not do a good job on the hosting. His colors are once again great. I think he does have a good eye, but he just maybe needs to be a helper rather than a host. He does play well with others!

I just can't figure Todd out. He has crazy big ideas but they are not necessarily practical. I don't really think I'd want a moving platform in my living room. He thoguht of a solution, but I'm not sure his solutions will be good for a large audience. He did fairly well on the hosting portion, but I don't care for what he did at all.
    What gets me is that he had to put a lag bolt into the floor to center that platfomr. If they remove that platform that floor is ruined cause there is a big nasty hole in it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am just so happy, happy , Happy that Robb is gone!!!!!!If there was anyone on the planet that still thinks he is a nice guy the whole "speech" after he got booted should change your mind! Boy, what a piece of work. I have to applaud Kim she did a great job of working with him. You could tell that they all were happy when Will came into the green room instead of Robb.
    As for the final two....I think it will be a Kim/Todd final. I like Will but he seems to fading kind of like Sparkle Josh did. I don't know if I would watch any of their shows really. The women judges practically undress Todd everytime they see him. It is too funny.
    Looking forward to next week.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Having Robb sent home this week ALMOST makes up for losing Sparkle Josh.

Those crocodile tears at the end didn't move me one bit. Looking for sympathy while belittling the "professionals" rarely works. You only look more like the FOOL you accused the others of being.

Count me in as another who is glad to see that Robb got tossed.

The kitchen was okay, nothing great. I still don't understand why he put in the green tile. And there seemed to be an awful lot of wasted space in the middle of the eating area, between the table and chairs and the server, over on the other side of the room.

As for Todd's great design....um, wouldn't just revolving that platform around ruin the new flooring they put in? All I kept thinking was there will be marks on the floors. That platform had to weigh a lot....even before being loaded up with furniture. Any redesign down the road would have to include a new floor.....or at least a refinishing, if the wood could be refinished.

FORT Fanatic

I guess I'm in the minority as I'm still questioning Kim's ability to host a show on her own. I wasn't as jazzed about her performance as the judges were; I just thought " Ok, she didn't screw up" She seems really affected to me yet still lacking a bold personality. I don't have a favorite so that kind of spoils the seasom for me.

Add another name to the list of people glad to FINALLY see that a*****e Robb shown the door. I couldn't stand the guy--he was arrogant, condescending, patronizing, I could go on...--and I didn't buy his crocodile tears at the end for one second. I was cringing at the thought of him in the final two and possibly winning the whole thing, but now I won't have to worry about that anymore. Whew!

As for the finale, I see a Todd/Kim final two, with Todd winning the whole thing. I like Will well enough, but he just doesn't have the "oomph" necessary to be a good on-air host.

I wonder how many projects Robb had performed before the show where he measured wrong and had to redo the redo? There's probably more than just a few. If he were my contractor/designer in the past, I'd be reviewing his billing and work very closely.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

LG.

I laughed at Robb's comment to Kim that he's done "tens of thousands of dollars of kitchen remodels" and thought to myself - so you've done ONE then, as one of mine cost about $10k with new cabinets and counters and floors and whatnot. I've personally remodeled three kitchens in my life, so I am apparently much more experienced than Robb.

Glad that condescending jerk is gone.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread