+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I know, maude! She was GREAT! A heck of a lot more personality than we've seen from her.

The final episode isn't for another three weeks, I think... so we still have a lot of show left. I am just thankful that Robb is GONE GONE GONE! What a freaking bastard of a man. "If Kim were smart she would just sit here and ride on my coattails." Grrrr

Judging by tonight's episode, Todd's going to win it all. He really is a natural for TV, although I really like Kim, too. Perhaps my earlier predicition about Todd and Will in the finale was a bit premature.

I just watched the preview for next week and it showed Will's and Kim's name on the screen. It looked like Todd's name wasn't lit up on the board. Of course, knowing reality TV, who knows what that means?
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-27-2007 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added stuff
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Absolutely not sad that Robb is gone. He is so nasty, notice how it is always everyone else's fault. Its a bit much watching him call people morons, he is totally trying to bring that person down, destroy their credibility. Is that totally necessary? No it is not. Can you imagine being in a personal relationship with this man, he would try to rip you apart in every argument and dissagreement you would have. He might win the argument but he would destroy the relationship and person and I don't think he can see that. He is a little scary and obviously flunked out of Sharing while in kindergarten.

Does Robb have a soft side? After watching him this season I can honestly say I think his tear at the final confessional could be him trying to manipulate us.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2547294;
    Absolutely not sad that Robb is gone. He is so nasty, notice how it is always everyone else's fault. Its a bit much watching him call people morons, he is totally trying to bring that person down, destroy their credibility. Is that totally necessary? No it is not. Can you imagine being in a personal relationship with this man, he would try to rip you apart in every argument and dissagreement you would have. He might win the argument but he would destroy the relationship and person and I don't think he can see that. He is a little scary and obviously flunked out of Sharing while in kindergarten.

Does Robb have a soft side? After watching him this season I can honestly say I think his tear at the final confessional could be him trying to manipulate us.
    No soft side, IMO. Robb was just feeling sorry for himself.

I am sooooo glad he's gone.

Kim did a great job hosting. But this show needs to have way more individual projects.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2547266;
    Judging by tonight's episode, Todd's going to win it all. He really is a natural for TV, although I really like Kim, too. Perhaps my earlier predicition about Todd and Will in the finale was a bit premature.

I just watched the preview for next week and it showed Will's and Kim's name on the screen. It looked like Todd's name wasn't lit up on the board. Of course, knowing reality TV, who knows what that means?
    Todd should be a special event or stage designer. It will be interesting to see what he does in the next challenge. With his surf room and the lazy susan room, you look at them, and think they look cool - but HGTV viewers are not going to try to replicate those rooms - he won't have an audience. Todd's very inventive - and likeable, but for Todd to win next week, I think he's going to have to do a more realistic room.

Robb is GONE!!! YAYYAYYAY!!! This whole episode he veered between being a suck-up and a bully. And Mr. Kitchen/Mr. Carpenter didn't measure the counter top correctly. He's gone; his light is OUT!

I surprised myself by appreciating Todd this time. Even though he is creative and inventive, I wonder about him being able to meet client needs without taking his design to the extreme. I liked his hosting style and a bit of surfer dude would be refreshing on a HGTV show. He, along with Sparkle Josh, got along well as a team with Will.

Todd may have designed the central layout, but Will brought color and warmth to the room. I like his design sense, but he does have to work on his presentation. But, then, so did David last year.

Another nice surprise...Kim decorated the kitchen very nicely and, like last week, worked like a dog to get it done. Because of Robb's attitude I don't think she actually had much say in the layout so it will be interesting to see what she does next week on a real family/house/room challenge. Looks like the skies opened up wherever she was and it poured. I hope she does well enough to make the final two as her bubbly personality really showed in her hosting debut.

Final Three! Here we go!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You're all right! Todd would make a good special events designer, Robb would turn on a friend in a heartbeat, and Kim's great on air.

It's going to be a interesting finale.

Perhaps if Kim wins, she'll have Todd as her carpenter. lol
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;2547325;
    With his surf room and the lazy susan room, you look at them, and think they look cool - but HGTV viewers are not going to try to replicate those rooms - he won't have an audience. Todd's very inventive - and likeable, but for Todd to win next week, I think he's going to have to do a more realistic room.
    You see, I'm the opposite feeling regarding Todd, respectfully. I have yet to see anything cool from him, in fact think that surf room was the biggest piece of crap design I've seen on any of TLC or HGTV's design shows. I still think he should have been shot and buried in that pile of manure.

I will agree that he's inventive, but to borrow one of Vern's expressions... "but not in a good way". Likeable? Not to me, he really has the 'ick' factor to me. Of course, that could mean anything to HGTV because David Bromsfield was/is full of the ick factor for me, also. I wouldn't let either David or Todd in any home of mine. David can sometimes come up with a very nice and pleasing design, I'll admit (I can live without his paintings, though), and as a personality now that he's on his own show, he seems nicer. But he still has the 'ick' for me, just not as pronounced as during his challenge. Todd, however... oh my god, I wouldn't even be able to stand being in the same room with him, much less watch any tv show he was a host of. The difference between Todd and David, though, is that David actually does show he has design talent. Todd would make a good movie set decorator (especially horror flicks), but that's the best I can say about him at all.

Wow, Kim really did do a great job as a TV personality. I really didn't expect her to go this far in the 'competition'. Nothing surprises me in 'reality tv competitions' anymore, but this is interesting.

Wil is starting to show signs of stress now. I hope he can overcome that stress and just relax and focus.

Robb is gone, so the producers can scrub down and sterilize the set and everywhere Robb touched now. I think that tear at the end was from pure anger at being eliminated. Lots of people with his personality are like that... they get so internally angry at what they deem is a personal injustice to them that a tear or two of pure anger pops out in the heat of the moment sometimes.

As for who's show I'd watch if any of those remaining were to win... none. Todd I hope I never hear or see again. Kim does have a nice tv personality and she'd probably make a good tv host, but her designs aren't strong enough to make me want to watch. Will is one of the two most likeable people of the season (the other being Sparkle Josh), to me, but I just don't think there's enough there, on his own, to make me seek out a show he's hosting and watch it.

Not that Kim and/or Will are bad designers, it isn't that at all. It's just that there are so many design shows on TLC and HGTV to choose from, it would have to be a really unique and exceptional show for me to really seek it out to watch. Just too many good design shows, too little viewing time. Just like with all the cooking shows now, a new design show is going to have to fight for it's viewing life to get past a few episodes or one season. And I just don't see that in Kim or Will at this time -- though I think they both have potential, with some seasoning and experience, to get there. Todd doesn't even have the potential to last if he gets a show.

So at this point, I really don't have a favorite to pick to win, as I wouldn't be watching any of their shows, anyway. And in the format set up to 'pick a winner', the outcome doesn't indicate who might be the best designer or best host/ess, anyway. As with TLC during their lame attempt a few years ago to make viewers think they had chosen the new Trading Spaces designer, I'm quite sure HGTV already knows who the winner of this challenge is, anyway. But that's okay, it's expected. So all I expect from now to the final 'elimination' is that they give us a good show, and that next season (if there is one) they stop with the double eliminations each show and let us get to know some of these people before they disappear. And more individual challenges, less team challenges.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 08-27-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Glad to see the Robbster get his. Don't let the door slam you in the butt on the way out, Robb.

The final three is tricky. Kim is the most likeable, Will seems the best at the type of design that HGTV goes for, and Todd seems to be the pretty boy version of uber-capable Norm from PBS. Does HGTV want a carpentry show with Todd, a "remix" show with Kim, or another "how to do your room" show with Will?

Whoever wins, they're likely to be on air very quickly. The powers that be need to reduce the number of flipping shows given the state of the real estate market.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kim. I didn't think she would do well on the hosting part at all and she was the best of the bunch. I thought she did a good job of trying to work with Robb, he is just not able to work well with others (does not play well with others!). She stuck up for herself, but Robb's ego was so big he just could never acknowledge that she could possbily be correct, or for that matter the judges either. He called them fools. He's quite delusional!

For all Robb's professed abilities he doesn't deliver very well at all. He was a major part of the debacle on the first design in their space and should have been sent home then. What's with the frig out in the yard. He made numerous mistakes costly them time--like not measuring the counter correctly. Wasn't that the very thing that Kim was trying to tell him, but he thought that he had more ability than her so he ignored what she was telling him.

I wish we could have seen the rest of what Kim was doing since she obviously didn't get to finish.

Will needs to step it up if he's going to win. He did not do a good job on the hosting. His colors are once again great. I think he does have a good eye, but he just maybe needs to be a helper rather than a host. He does play well with others!

I just can't figure Todd out. He has crazy big ideas but they are not necessarily practical. I don't really think I'd want a moving platform in my living room. He thoguht of a solution, but I'm not sure his solutions will be good for a large audience. He did fairly well on the hosting portion, but I don't care for what he did at all.

+ Reply to Thread