+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Kao

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Will DID talk to Robb about the difference between what he showed the couple (lavendar and black chips) and what they actually had (multicolored chips) and that's when they decided to drape the chips in the white satin. Considering how Will and Robb put the dance floor together and other things I saw Will doing, it was disgusting how Robb blatantly lied and I'm glad the judges saw though it. If you don't like someone, fine, but don't tell blatant lies to get people kicked off the show because it makes YOU look bad. Which is a shame because I liked Robb's designs for the past two weeks and was beginning to warm up to him.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your wedding to suit YOUR character. From what I got, they both seemed like fun people, and the husband is a huge rockabilly fan, so why NOT have a fun wedding? The end result suited them and made them happy, and that's what counts.

I think Christiana got the gate because of something she said to the couple during their initial meeting, when they were jotting down notes on what the couple wanted. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it came out syrupy-bitchy, and if I was the client I would have bounced her too.

I was hoping Sparkle would step it up, but alas, no. Now that he is gone, I can't think of anyone who I would want to win this, or who I would enjoy watching every week. Both David and the other runner up both had likable, engaging personalities that you WANTED to watch. Robb is too egotastic (it would be like watching Survivor Robb every week, and I absolutely HATED him), Kim and Todd tend to come off as 2-dimensional. I like Will, but not sure if I would want to watch him every week.

I hate the double eliminations, and hope they get a bigger budget next year.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I'm having the same problem warming up to any of the remaining designers as a TV personality. I'll miss "sparkle" Josh as he seemed to have the most fun, non-threatening way about him, but I understand where they said he was a terrific shopper (the dining room and the place settings) but his designs didn't show his sparkly personality. Sad to see him go, though.

Kim seems very quiet and she has the least amount of actual design experience; while Robb might be okay on a "repair your damage building type show." His personality is too strong for a soft living space design show. Todd? Dude - what's your deal? Engaging but waayyy flaky. I think of the four, Will stands the most of a chance to make it through. He's won one challenge, and his personality is neither too abrasive nor too quiet. He would be good with a "soft" design type show. It would be funny if he won because he was the 11th designer chosen. The extra they made room for.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

peachroses

I think the show is flawed in that the designers are really not given enough time to show their skills. By having 2 eliminations weekly these designers don't really get a chance to showcase what they are capable of as individuals. The only task that offerred that opportunity was the empty cubicle, which in addition to the very first (decorate your home) task are the only two that really enable them to show what they can do. The fact that Christina did great on those 2 tasks was not considered last night. I think that if the contestants were given more time (only one elimination per week) the show would stand a better chance of picking a true design star. I think I would have rather watched Adriana or Scott instead of the remaining 4. I think Adriana did blow the cubicle task, but showed true skill with carpentry in the kitchen make over... and i personally love watching female carpenters that can design... e.g. Amy Winn........
    Because I said so ....

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter;2535504;
    I'm with you, Maude--it was hideous--absolutely hideous. Where did they find this couple? Lavender, black and RED? Poker chips? Rotating dice? All they needed were topless showgirls waiting tables.

Poor Christina . . . what a way to go . . . axed by a couple of tacky kids.

That's so funny! When they showed the finished room, my husband asked where the strippers would go! Yuck!
    As for Kim, I think that she has not demonstrated herself as a leader, or shown a big enough personality to carry a show. She would be great on the winner's crew, but doesn't seem to have the qualities necessary to have her own show (yet - maybe she will shine later).
    Robb is being portrayed as a jerk, so there's not much chance of him winning, even if he does make the final two. America votes for the winner.
    I think the surfer/ADHD guy (can't remember his name) is entertaining. What's struck me funny is his need to constantly remove his shirt! Maybe he will win too, like shirtless David of last year, and it will become the winner's mark!

I too like everyone here like the show; but cannot see any of these people having their own show at all. Maybe a guest appearance here and there on other shows.

The wedding room is getting only a 1.4 rating (out of 5) from the viewers. It's funny to see how the viewers have rated the rooms compared to the judges. We definitely have better taste.

I'd still like to see a show with Will and Sparkle Josh together again, as in the very first challenge. They balance each other rather well.

Thanks, again, for all the recaps.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2536213;
    I'd still like to see a show with Will and Sparkle Josh together again, as in the very first challenge. They balance each other rather well.
    I agree! Those two did make for a great team. They worked out a compromise (mostly Josh toning down - which may have freaked him for future challenges) and went with classic new modern. If Will wins, maybe they'll hire Josh to be his sidekick.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kao

That would be fantastic! I can see it now...Will playing the "straight man" to Sparkle's...sparkle. They complement each other well.

Robb's such an immature jerk! How is he going to sit there and just LIE on a dude because he doesn't like him? He should have been cut during the first couple of episodes-who can forget those awful pillows or faux tuscany bricks? He is a tacky dude with a big mouth! Kim hasn't done much of anything but stay under the radar-she hasn't done anything to deserve her spot in the final 4. If I was forced to watch any of the remaining people on tv it would be Will.

I would have loved to see what Lisa would have done with the wedding. She would have brought some pizzazz to the episode. If the network has a vote for favorite contestant, I might vote for her just to let her know she was missed.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread