+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I'm glad to see that other people are watching this show with me!
    I could not believe tonight's episode! The bride says she wants a classy, traditional, lavender and white, princess wedding. The groom says he's kind of a rock-a-billy and likes black and white. Christina stays up all night, trying to give the bride her dream wedding, which seems smart - to try and please the bride who says she has dreamed of it since a little girl - I mean, hey, you can have rock-a-billy music, right? Wrong, she gets sent home as their least favorite, and the winner is the guy who came up with the tackiest Vegas-themed nightmare there is!?! It wasn't rock-a-billy or princess, and didn't come within miles of the word classy! Velvet Elvis placemats would have fit in well with this "design" which actually consisted of spinning dice, flames, and feather boas!! Yikes! Why in the world did these tacky people not just go ahead and head down to the Chapel of Love or the drive-thru wedding chapel for the Vegas-special, instead of having HGTV foot the bill for thousands? This episode really made me mad!

Rodd is such a rat. OK his design won and he is a forceful personality and he presents well on the screen. But, BIG BUT, he is a total snake. I don't know why he hates Will. But it is very obvious that Rodd is trying to get rid of Will, Will worked just as hard as Todd setting up the dance floor and all the tables and stages and later the curtains, how was that being the weakest player? I think Rodd does not like anyone questioning his design and when Will mentioned the giant poker chips where not part of the color scheme that just targeted him. Rodd was so sure Will was being sent home, that he revealed his surprise when Will walked into the cast lounge, "Oh, my God". Rodd has no respect for Will and he is totally nasty to him. That is just disgusting behaviour. Still Sparkle Josh was a good choice. But what about Kim, I have seen absolutely nothing from her since the start of this show she has the personality of a bowl of paste. I do see a final two of Rodd of Todd.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;2535435;
    I could not believe tonight's episode! The bride says she wants a classy, traditional, lavender and white, princess wedding. The groom says he's kind of a rock-a-billy and likes black and white. Christina stays up all night, trying to give the bride her dream wedding, which seems smart - to try and please the bride who says she has dreamed of it since a little girl - I mean, hey, you can have rock-a-billy music, right? Wrong, she gets sent home as their least favorite, and the winner is the guy who came up with the tackiest Vegas-themed nightmare there is!?! It wasn't rock-a-billy or princess, and didn't come within miles of the word classy! Velvet Elvis placemats would have fit in well with this "design" which actually consisted of spinning dice, flames, and feather boas!! Yikes! Why in the world did these tacky people not just go ahead and head down to the Chapel of Love or the drive-thru wedding chapel for the Vegas-special, instead of having HGTV foot the bill for thousands? This episode really made me mad!
    I'm with you, Maude--it was hideous--absolutely hideous. Where did they find this couple? Lavender, black and RED? Poker chips? Rotating dice? All they needed were topless showgirls waiting tables.

Poor Christina . . . what a way to go . . . axed by a couple of tacky kids.
    Last edited by Truewriter; 08-20-2007 at 12:31 AM.
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2535476;
    But what about Kim, I have seen absolutely nothing from her since the start of this show she has the personality of a bowl of paste.

But about Will I have to disagree, having hated him from the moment he described his style as "pimp." I can't believe I am about to defend Robb, but that is what this episode demands. Will (along with Todd) was snarking behind Robb's back (I did not see him talking about the poker chip color to his face, but later Robb addressed that issue with the draperies as he could see it was the wrong color as well as anyone), and to Robb's credit he did not spend time arguing with Will but found things for him to do. All of those sour grapes (even from Kim, who, as a hair dresser, does not have the cred to be criticizing anybody) and waiting until the judges room to try and throw Robb under the bus did not sit well with me, as he told them from the get go it was a group challenge and he was totally open to their input. It was their choice not to say anything to him but to wait and try and destroy him at judging. At least Kim had the grace to say that Robb had an effective management style, unlike Will (and Todd). So that, and not a lack of work, is why Will was the weakest link this week in that sense.

Unfortunately, I saw the ax falling on Sparkle Josh and can't really disagree with them. Their winner from last year is a gay guy who shops on his show, so I couldn't see them picking another one this year. Too bad; I think Sparkle Josh might have been the only one left I would have wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter;2535504;
    Poor Christina . . . what a way to go . . . axed by a couple of tacky kids.
    She got what she deserved. I could not stand her or her "designs," and was so glad I didn't have to listen to that voice one more second.

Who is Rodd?

Anyhoo, I missed the episode! Thanks so much for the recap. I just hope I can find a rerun sometime.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I'm just happy to see Cynthia Rowley. Love her!

FORT Fanatic

I missed the first half of tonight's show. I'm devastated that Sparkle Josh got eliminated as I had him pegged to win it all. There go my fantasy game points . I didn't see the designs that they all submitted to the couple but I was so sure that Christina would be in the top two this week. I'm not a fan of hers but assumed she would sumbit a tasteful design. After seeing what the couple wanted, I guess tasteful wasn't up their alley.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2535598;
    Who is Rodd?
    Bearcata meant Robb. Don't know whether that was a deliberate typo, as Robb is certainly a rodd, aka tool, too! Heh.

Harvest, I couldn't disagree with you more. I love Will's designs and thought he's done great each week. I was beyond angry at Robb's deliberate attempt to sabotage Will simply because Will has the audacity to disagree with him and stand up to him. Everyone else just placates Robb's grating personality which is giving him more fuel.

I don't know that I would honestly watch a show with any of the remaining four, however. Robb.... is an ass, Todd is just not my style, Will does beautiful designs but is just blah, and Kim.... meh. None of them have the talent of David Bromstad.

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2535666;
    I missed the first half of tonight's show. I'm devastated that Sparkle Josh got eliminated as I had him pegged to win it all. There go my fantasy game points . I didn't see the designs that they all submitted to the couple but I was so sure that Christina would be in the top two this week. I'm not a fan of hers but assumed she would sumbit a tasteful design. After seeing what the couple wanted, I guess tasteful wasn't up their alley.
    Listening to that couple, hubby to be was gonna get his tacky Las Vegas Rocka Billy party with the color theme of red, white and black and oh yeah put in wifey's color choice of lavender. No way, no how was the bride getting a princess wedding and really I don't she wanted one.

Wasn't that an awfully big room for what 82 quest?????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;2535435;
    I thought they made a good choice in who left in both instances. Christina just totally discounted what he wanted. It seemed as if she planned the wedding she wanted. Looking at the bride I could tell she was not THAT girly. She did not give the clients what they wanted. She could have done Ratpack Vegas. Classy with an edge. And Sparkle John also did not give them anything they asked for. He gave them his style. Which is fine, but not for a job when you are supposed to design for A PERSON.

Robb is an @ss, but hubby said he was a talented one. You know he disliked Will and was trying to get him sent home. I could see the dislike on his face when Will said that the tables were too close together. Burt then, I only think one other person really likes Robb anyway.

I think they also kept Will because, even though he was in the bottom two, he was there because of what Robb said. But the bride commented that he NAILED (Will) the color portion of the event. While she said that Sparkle John's design was nice, but didn't give her anything she wanted.

And yes, it was tacky. But then, so is Vegas IMHO.

Sounds like the next challenge will be a disaster. And another kitchen? Didn't they learn anything from the previous challenge. I would not let any of them anywhere near my kitchen!

+ Reply to Thread