+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash Cab

Cash Cab

Does anyone watch Cash Cab? I love this show and I'm rather addicted to it!
    The Host (Ben Bailey) is so entertaining. I would LOVE to get in that cab!
    If any of you are ever in New York City, be on the lookout for that cab!

Discovery Channel :: Cash Cab

Take a Ride and Win!

Monday thru Friday 6:00 & 6:30 PM EST on Discovery Channel
    also Every Weds. night @ 10:00 & 10:30 PM EST

Unassuming people enter the "Cash Cab" as simple passengers taking a normal taxi ride, only to be shocked when they discover that they’re instant contestants on Discovery Channel's innovative game show!

Ben Bailey, the host and driver of Cash Cab, then offers them the following proposition:

The Cash Cab will drive you all the way to your destination and ask you general knowledge questions along the way. The questions start out on the easy side, then get harder along the way – the harder the question, the more money it’s worth. The first four questions are worth $25 for each correct answer. The next four are worth $50 and then every question after that is worth $100.

A correct answer is awarded the cash, an incorrect answer means the contestant gets a strike. The contestants can earn cash all the way to their destination. But the second they miss their third question (i.e., earn their third strike), Ben pulls the Cash Cab over and ejects them onto the sidewalk, no matter where they are!

If they get stumped on a question, contestants can "shout out" for help, either by calling someone on our mobile phone (a "Mobile Shout-Out"), or by asking someone on the street for help (a "Street Shout-Out"). Each contestant only has one Mobile and one Street Shout-Out during the course of each game.

If the contestant has won at least $200 and the cab hits a red light, a "Red Light Challenge" is offered, which is a single question with multiple part answers. The passenger has 30 seconds to get all answers (e.g., name all seven of Snow White’s dwarfs). If the contestant gets each part of the answer correct, they win $200; if time expires, they move on without receiving any strikes against them.

Finally, if the contestant arrives at their destination having earned cash, they can opt to bet it all – double or nothing – on a "Video Bonus Question." The question is a based on a clip from Discovery’s library.

Ben Bailey

Little did Ben Bailey know when he was getting thrown out of class for being a smart aleck that he was really training for his future career. Never quite able to fit into the so-called regular routine, Bailey moved to California when he was 21 to find out what he could or would do with his life. After looking for work for a few months he finally landed a job answering the phones at The Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard. One night, after work, he had a few drinks and watched a show. After the show, Ben hung around a while and got to swapping stories with some of the comedians. His story must have been a good one, because one of the guys who heard it asked him how long he'd been doing stand-up and invited him to perform on his show that Friday night. Petrified, Bailey said no, but luckily the guy left his number. The next afternoon it occurred to Bailey that he really had nothing going on ... maybe this was what he was looking for. He anxiously called and agreed to do the show. That Friday Ben performed for the first time, and when he got his first laugh, he was hooked.

Ten years later, Bailey has performed all over the world, and been seen on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn, Last Call With Carson Daly,Comedy Central's Premium Blend, The World Stands Upand Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn. He performed at the Aspen Comedy Arts Festival in 2002 and again in 2004, while promoting the upcoming movie Bad Meatin which he plays an FBI agent. Bailey has guest-starred on the shows Hope & Faithon ABC, Law and Order SVUand MAD TV. He is a favorite at the clubs in New York, and he is quickly making a name for himself in the Big Apple, across the country and abroad. Ben is currently hosting the new game show Cash Cabon the Discovery Channel, and his very own Comedy Central Presentshalf-hour special debuts in December 2005.

Now Ben Bailey’s driving Discovery’s first game show vehicle across the city that he loves, tossing out questions, cash, quips and passengers who miss three questions!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Cash Cab

I've watched it off and on. I find it mildly amusing, but won't go out of my way to see it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I like it, happened to catch it once. Haven't had the time to seek it out though.

I had never heard of it until Rosie mentioned it on The View a while back. I think they planned on having all the girls, well maybe not BW, hop in the cab.

I never knew when it was on, so haven't seen it yet. Think I will set the DVR and give it a try.

I agree, it is one of those shows you watch when flipping through channels, but not something I make a point to see. I enjoy it, like I enjoy most all trivia shows. I know on my next trip to NYC, I will make a point only to get into mini-van style taxi cabs. I know there are about a million cabs in NY but cutting out those that certainly could not be it couldn't hurt, right?

I like the concept and the show is fun. It's kind of like a drive up game show!

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar

Am I the only one who looks forward to it on Wednesday nights? I'm addicted.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2490757;
    I know on my next trip to NYC, I will make a point only to get into mini-van style taxi cabs. I know there are about a million cabs in NY but cutting out those that certainly could not be it couldn't hurt, right?

I like the concept and the show is fun. It's kind of like a drive up game show!
    The Cab # is 1G12

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalChicken;2491045;
    Am I the only one who looks forward to it on Wednesday nights? I'm addicted.
    No, you're not the only one! I'm addicted too!

We try to watch this daily!
    My hubby is especially addicted.
    I enjoy watching the reaction of the riders when the lights first turn on.
    Ben is a great host!

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2492248;
    We try to watch this daily!
    My hubby is especially addicted.
    I enjoy watching the reaction of the riders when the lights first turn on.
    Ben is a great host!
    I watch it everytime it's on. I really wish Discovery Channel would have a Cash Cab Marathon. I'm going through Cash Cab withdrawal right now, because all this week 24/7 they've had that "Shark Week" mess on and I'm not a happy camper!

Cash Cab starts back today!! Check times in my 1st post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast