+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Baio is 45...and Single

FORT Fan

Re: Scott Baio is 45...and Single

I can tell you why poor Scott is 45 and single - he's an immature ass whose only commitment is to his equally immature male friends. There's a reason why he's with a young pneumatic blond who used to be one of Heff's girls - a woman his own age wouldn't put up with him for more than 5 minutes.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;2481442;
    I can tell you why poor Scott is 45 and single - he's an immature ass whose only commitment is to his equally immature male friends. There's a reason why he's with a young pneumatic blond who used to be one of Heff's girls - a woman his own age wouldn't put up with him for more than 5 minutes.
    Is his girlfriend young? I actually thought she was Scott's age--in her early 40's at least!

After watching this show:

Scott:
    1. Your single friend is not your friend. There's a reason he's single and will remain so. He's pure slime. If you were to stop getting him "dates", he'd drop you.

2. Get over yourself. You were Chachi and Charles and you should be grateful to them for being huge steps to your career. You are the only one I've ever heard try to put down their Happy Days years. Take a lesson from those who are older and much wiser.

3. Listen to what your former gfs are saying to you. Stop blaming Erin Moran for your inability to commit now. That was 20+ years ago, it stopped being her fault about a month after it happened.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by mom2; 07-19-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: accidently sent before finishing!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2481608;
    Get over yourself. You were Chachi and Charles and you should be grateful to them for being huge steps to your career. You are the only one I've ever heard try to put down their Happy Days years. Take a lesson from those who are older and much wiser.
    Well said! I heard that he was offered the Tom Cruise role in "Top Gun" and turned it down. Why the heck would he have turned that down? It's not like he was doing anything else exciting back then...and while he couldn't have known the film was going to be a hit, it was still a feature film.

A lot of people blame their TV roles for not being able to do anything else. George Clooney seems to have done just fine after "The Facts of Life" and "ER."

As for blaming Erin Moran for his commitment issues...weren't they like 15 and 16 when they "dated"? How can that be the basis for his commitment issues? Weird...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I missed the show...but as a big Happy Days fan...what happened that he's blaming Erin for? They dated briefly and she dumped him? For no good reason? Or just because 16 is too young to commit?

When they were talking, he asked her what happened that they broke up. She reminded him that after they were intimate, all he talked about was the 2 of them getting married, white picket fences, kids, all that Joanie loves Chachi stuff then. SHE RAN. So he said that's why he's been afraid of committment ever since.

She also said something about his lack of size, which imo made up for him telling his life coach that during his first time (with Erin) he mistook the corduroy couch for her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

According to the VH1 website, the newest episode airs today at 12:30 pm (EST) and again at 11:30 pm (EST). It's only a half hour long. Here's a synopsis:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Scott confesses to Doc Ali that he has had trouble staying faithful in relationships, so she sends him to visit Playboy Playmate Julie McCullough, an ex of Scott's whom he relentlessly cheated on. Julie gets her revenge by publicly humiliating Scott as part of her stand-up comedy routine. Scott's friends then whisk him off to Palm Springs, where Scott encounters a wild bachelorette party and gets some unexpected advice from an elderly couple who are still in love -- and still sexually active.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE;2476475;
    Any truth to the rumor that Baio is actually in a relationship (but obviously not married), and all this is just for television? At least that is what some gossip website claims.
    I read that his girlfriend is pregnant and this is all a HUGE publicity stunt to get him back on the map. While he's not technically married, I don't think he should be considered single either.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Hi! I happened to have gotten hooked into this show before I knew it was hooked. I got blindsided by it. I agree, his little friend, Paul I think it is, is doing nothing but using him for his celebrity. Leech. I like the Life Coach.I always wondered what they do. She seems able to handle his deep issues. And they are deep. Why did it take him so long to figure out he has a problem?? Anyhow, looking forward to him learning more about himself.

This show seems totally scripted to me, so much so that I even wonder if they hired a joke writer to come up with his seemingly off-the-cuff jokey comments. Nevertheless the jokes are funny, and if they are genuine then he's a funny guy (I think America is used to and likes that type of accent and humor). The ex-girlfriend at the Improv, on the other hand, was not funny at all. Plus she seemed drunk or something.

The Office-like camera eavesdropping on the agent's "concerns" about the show possibly damaging Scott's imagined cred as a "serious actor" was clunky. However, while a transparent bid to jump start his career, the show also works as entertainment.

Scott needs to stop being an enabler to his pathetic friend. Allowing that guy (Paul?) to hang on is not really being a friend to him, as the guy never has a chance to grow up or a reason to stop being so disgusting.

+ Reply to Thread