+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't Forget The Lyrics

FORT Newbie

Re: Don't Forget The Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5Boys;2489037;
    I think it's interesting that those who have compared this with Singing Bee (at least in this thread) far prefer this one. I had the exact same reaction.

But I was reading People at the orthodontist's office this week, and they raved about Singing bee but said that DFTL was dull. I disagree completely!
    I"m with you, I much prefer this one to Singing Bee, this one to me is just more fun...or maybe it's Wayne Brady that makes it for me!

Yep, I still much prefer this show to Singing Bee. They have done a top notch job picking contestants so far. The contestants (and Wayne Brady) really make the show what it is. On Singing Bee, everything happens so fast you don't really care who wins or how well they do.

I prefer this show to Singing Bee too. It amazes me how much money those people win for knowing song lyrics. It's too bad I knew nothing about the auditions which were held in NYC over the 4th of July holiday. I would have had to find a way to be there. Everyone who knows me has asked me why I'm not on that show. Oh well.

I like this show, it's pretty funny.

The new season starts on Thursday. I'm actually going to apply to be on.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

I'm applying also!!!! The audition tape has me stumped though, I wish they'd come around to NYC for auditions again (I didn't know either BoBo {love your avatar btw, I have such a thing for him} ) I'd rather that! Good luck to you, nilesgirl! We should start a "no cheating" DFTL Game thread.... I have list upon list, and would love to see what everyone would think.

This show is so much better than the Singing Bee in that it is a true test of the contestant's ability. Not based on the way you're pulled up on stage, in that you may not even have a chance to receive a question in the first round, and you're gone already. Besides, all the questions and categories and money and "lifelines", and of course Wayne Brady, makes DTFL a far superior show, though I watch both. Though the beginning of the Singing Bee aggravates me so much. We know they're pre-selected, but give them the words that you're going to pretend to throw at them to get them chosen, so that they sing them correctly! It's infuriating to hear someone completely fumble an easy pass like that, and hear Fatone excitedly exclaim "Great! You're in!" aaaarrrgh

I'm self-professed queen of the lyrics quizzes: have every list of questions put out on the internet, have DVD games, regular board games, frantic phone calls from friends and family, and the thoughts of songs in my own mind, keeping me vying for my own crown. There is a guy at work who likes to challenge me and thinks he's good. No contest. At all... but nice that he tries. !
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 09-06-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by veronicabelle27
    I'm applying also!!!! The audition tape has me stumped though,
    What about it has you stumped? I just plan on having someone videotape me and my supporters tomorrow night. We'll do the talking part first and then I'll have one of my supporters videotape me singing because that's what I do on Friday nights. I do karaoke. So it'll kinda kill 2 birds with one stone. Basically it's just a video tape of you and the people you'll bring with you as supporters. You transfer the camcorder tape onto a VHS and send it in with photos of you and your supporters. (2 photos of each.) You can go onto their website and download the application and stuff. I've already filled all my stuff out. I just need to make the tape.
    And DFTL is definitely better than the Singing Bee. At least with DFTL, you get to choose what song you do (from 2 choices in each category). On Singing Bee, they choose your song so if it's something you've never heard of, you're SOL. With DFTL, if you mess up some words, you have a chance to fix it with your backups.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

This preacher on right now is a hoot.

Wayne cracks me up. I hope I get on so I can finally meet him.

A wedding singer next week? That should be good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast