+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaq's greatest challenge

FORT Regular

Re: Shaq's greatest challenge

Did people stop watching this show? If so you MISSED the BIG grand finale!! Chris the Cuban kid lost 77 lbs! Kevin---I think that's the name---the black kid lost I think 40 lbs. But that's not the half of it!! What a tear-jerker! And you wouldn't believe the personality change in these kids! Difference of night and day! It was done over a course of nine mos.

I was so happy to see the progress they all made. I was so crying when I saw each one of them

FORT Regular

And Walter's face is almost completely clear of acne! It's so cute the way he's talking about girls now and how he forgot to get their phone #s. It REALLY warmed my heart to see such a big crowd cheering those kids on! Also how they've become such a tight group of friends. Walter said he was voted most popular kid and didn't have any idea how he got that.

Kit, the girl who had the anxiety attack and quit the program for a few weeks, was getting winded during the mile run, but the crowd kept urging her on, and by golly she finished! She said the crowd cheering for her was a major factor in her making herself get to the goal line. At the very end, they showed her running---yes RUNNING---on the tread mill. She said although she didn't lose as much weight as most of the other kids, she had the rest of her life to reach her goal.

I watched it last night. I was totally srying when Chris came out, I think I also gasped out loud when I saw him. He looked great!
    I thought this was a really good show & was hoping it would do better. I think of it as along the line of EM: Home. Touching & inspirational at the same time. I hope we'll get some sort of follow-up show later on.

When was this show on, because i never seen it on tv?

FORT Regular

It was on Tues nights, ABC, 8:00 Central, 9:00 Eastern. Shaquille O'Neal took 6 kids who were morbidly obese and worked with them to get them more active, eating healthier, etc. It showed all the pitfalls along the way. He was also working trying to get the schools to have mandatory PE, and to get healthier low fat meals in the school cafeterias.

Two or three of the kids said at one time they contemplated suicide bc they felt so miserable and hopeless. It was so sad to start with, but so uplifting in the end.

I think it was on like 6 wks or something.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ledhead;2498155;
    Did people stop watching this show? If so you MISSED the BIG grand finale!! Chris the Cuban kid lost 77 lbs! Kevin---I think that's the name---the black kid lost I think 40 lbs. But that's not the half of it!! What a tear-jerker! And you wouldn't believe the personality change in these kids! Difference of night and day! It was done over a course of nine mos.
    Thank you, Ledhead and others!! I missed the last couple of episodes being out of town and TVless. I tried to tape, but a power outage blew that. I'm going to check and see if I can see the last couple of shows online.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Found the finale on line and have watched half so far---I agree, awww, the kids! The one kid really got into it...looked like he'd been a winner on Biggest Loser he lost so much! Many of the others have only lost 5 pounds or so more than the 20 they had to lose to go to the ballgame, but at least they all seem a lot stronger. And at this age drastic weight loss is probably not a good idea. The boys are lucky---they are still growing, so if they can keep losing some or at least not gain more they may be able to pretty much grow into their weights. Great how the one kid's acne had mostly cleared up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123