+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2978657;
    I think in one of the articles it said it was a "family" farm. We haven't seen any siblings, but I imagine there are some. Of course, we did meet Mom!
    Actually if they are a "grain" farm (corn, soybeans) then 2000 acres is not that big. With modern equipment a single farmer could handle it well. With modern herbicides, fertilizers, etc. then basically you plant in the spring and harvest in the fall. The guy who rented my grandfather's land worked part time farming and part time at the local John Deere agency and that was 1850 tillable acres.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;2979522;
    Our latest obsession? Truthfully, I really like this show so far. Glad you're watching it as well. I like Krista with a "K" and Ashley. We shall see.
    Glad that you are watching too, Romanticsucker!

This is the tv website for the show ~ Farmer Wants a Wife

Cast ~

Last edited by BlondieGal; 05-09-2008 at 08:48 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

All right! I weighed in as Josie weighed out. I'm so upset I missed the first show - I had Criminal Minds on my DVR and then watched AI and thought I could catch Farmer online. Anyway, Farmer is now on my DVR and Criminal Minds can wait.

Pretlitdev - thank you so much for recapping the shows. Now I know what I missed by not seeing the first week. I would have liked to have met Mom - but, she'll probably make a return appearance.

Matt has impressed me with his intelligence and observational powers. He really is assessing each one of the girls. I remember reading before the show started that he doesn't expect these city girls to be good at farm chores, etc., but that they have an appreciation and respect for the day to day life of the farm. So - goat milking may or may not rank high on his list of their accomplishments.

I got vibes from the morning wake up through breakfast of bach girls and big brother combined. The set up tasks were so neatly arranged. I can't get over how organized and clean the farm where they're staying is. Matt introducing them to neighbor helping out neighbor was a very good way to lead into the Bingo Hall introduction to the older (for the most part) citizens of the town. I cringed that they were including actual town people in the filming of this show, and that he took a poll and vote for who stays who goes (along with his own assessment.) It really did bring the small town feeling to the show - and I know the small town where I grew up would have been all over the production set ups to see what was going on.

Anyway - long to say I really like this show. And the dramatic Josie departing at dusk without her gift (but with the back of the pickup piled high with her stuff) was the stuff of legendary Reality TV.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I went to the official website that BlondieGal posted and noticed a few things:

Go to the photos section. A lot of these girls are not who the show portrays them to be - surprise, surprise! Some majored in theatre in college. And most have really great jobs other than the show says.

After listening to the interviews, some things the girls said really stood out. Who is really there to see if she can fit into the farm life - with Matt of course! And who is there for the competition?

Josie is amazing - despite everything, I wish they had kept her. It would have kept the show interesting. But I can't imagine being around her IRL! I want to see an "AFTR" type show with Josie!

On the "Hollywood Tractor" clip, I didn't recognize Matt at first. Wow!!! What a difference a different hairstyle can make! This was filmed after the show finished.

Matt does seem like a genuine guy in his interview. I hope he doesn't let us down! He wouldn't say if he found a wife.

It's great to have some Bachelor experts here! Now we need some sleuthing!

Interesting video on Krista on the official site ~ she grew up living in the country by a gravel road, and farm animals of the neighbors near her back yard. She also has an uncle and cousins that have a farm that she worked on while growing up.

The full episode for the first show is up at the site. Hooray. While I enjoyed the recap, I'm so glad I got to see the introductory show.

I think Josie was trying out for Laguna Hills (where she lives) or something. Why else would she try out for this show? Was this show the only one casting that would take her? (plus it filmed in the middle of summer - class vacation?) I also enjoyed that the town and his buddies are going to get a big kick out of seeing these 10 city girls. And I really liked his mom showing the gulf between city and farm can be bridged - with the right incentive like love. The girl from Ontario, CA (I'm blanking on her name) should be familiar with the "cow" smell as Ontario is ringed with dairy farms and when the wind is right - whew. She also tried a diva move with Josie as in "walk away, walk away!" only not as dramatic as we've seem recently. She had a few of those moves.

Anyway, this was filmed last July, and I'm wondering if Amanda is in the middle of her studies or did she graduate and is looking for something in her life. She says boyfriend with a relationship priority, but a wife? to a farmer? who will not be able to devote all his time to a relationsip? She's a puzzle. But, I do like her, as well as Christa (with a Ch).

I'm looking forward to the swimming hole picnic. Our swimming hole was called Cattle Camp - a pool of absolutely frigid water in a still place of a river. Their's looks more refreshing than ice prickly.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Anyway, this was filmed last July, and I'm wondering if Amanda is in the middle of her studies or did she graduate and is looking for something in her life. She says boyfriend with a relationship priority, but a wife? to a farmer? who will not be able to devote all his time to a relationsip? She's a puzzle. But, I do like her, as well as Christa (with a Ch).
    I wondered about that too, Ariel. This may represent only those that I know, but the farm tends to be the number one priority for the farmer. This is not a blanket generalization for all farmers, just from what I have been told by my friends married to farmers.

Thank goodness for farmers so that we can eat!
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 05-09-2008 at 06:47 PM.

OK, so who does everyone think will be "the farmer's wife"? Who does everyone want to be "the farmer's wife"? Or do you all think it's too early?

I like all of the girls who are left. I haven't seen him act CRAZY about any of them yet, although with the personality we're seeing onscreen, he may be holding it in. He kissed Christa more than once, but just kissed Stacey on the cheek. But I think in spite of their date (when she talked nonstop), he is attracted to her. I also think they're showing a lot of Amanda. And Ashley is in there too. And I like Brooke and Lisa. I guess at this point, I think it could be anybody. We'll see next week when he sees them all in their bikinis in the swimming hole!

For me, this is a wonderful show NOT to sleuth. There is NO compatibility factor present with any of the girls, though some chemistry is bound to break through. I guess what we watch for over the span of the show is which girl is able to adapt to country life more than the others. In the "tractor" preview clip when he rolls into Hollywood, he says in answer to "The Question": Did you find a wife? "You'll just have to watch. I did get something out of it." (paraphrase)

I just figured out that they are using the word "fair" to disguise the fact that the chickens boxed up, the hogs hosed down and the cattle tagged were all on their way to market. *sigh* Gotta pretty it up, dont'cha know. Now, since this was filmed in July there could very well have been a County Fair in progress during the shoot, but the end result for the animals would be the same.

If there is a County Fair, will they use that as an activity for the girls? Rural county fairs can be dusty, boring and have car wrecks slamming into eachother for the night time entertainment. But, there are the show-off tents with the feminine arts such as jams and flowers on dispay. I always liked those. I wonder if they'll have a working rodeo at one of the larger dairy farms or ranches? I went to one when I was a child in Oregon and it had clowns and branding and a boy cracking a hard boiled egg on my head. Now, that was fun.

FORT Fanatic

I think this show is a hoot. I grew up on a farm and absolutely love watching what these girls are being put through. I taped the first two shows and gave it to my parents to watch a couple of days ago. They loved it. They were going to rewatch it today after they left my house for Mothers day. I remember my sisters and I having to get chicken eggs and I was scared of them and hated doing it. So I know exactly how some of those girls feel for the first time of picking one up. I think this is a great fun show to watch, it doesn't degrade the girls like TB and that is a big relief in itself. I agree with one of the other posters that this isn't the type of show that merits sleuthing. I watched the video of the show before it aired. I did notice that when Matt took the girls down Hollywood on the trailer, they "were not" the girls in the show. They were fill ins. I didn't get the impression that the people at the bingo game didn't know Matt. He said from the beginning that the towns people were excited about him bringing 10 girls to town. I loved Josie just for the laughs but she most definately did not fit it. And he was right to let her go. I think some of the upcoming previews will show different sides of some of these girls that I think stand out now. My favorite and the one I think would fit in with Matt is Brooke. You will notice that when he brought each girl up to speak to the town people at the Bingo game, that when he brought Brooke up he kept smiling. Even after he looked towards the crowd. It is funny how after sleuthing the Bachelor for so long, how we pick up on things right away. I thought all the girls saying how they could live in that house. But that house is Matt's friends house and not his. They were seeing the bigger picture and not thinking of the fact that it wasn't Matts house. I loved the sign above their room, sit, talk, and gossip. I couldn't believe when he told Stacy he had heard enough. At least he is open and up front. My two least favorite is KJ and Christa with "CH". And I didn't see where the girls tp ing the truck ruined Christa's date. They had no idea when they would be back. I think Ch is out for vengence and it will be on Brooke. I wouldn't be surprised if the ending two girls ended up being Christa and Brooke because of their clashes. I do have to say in defense of Brooke and Lisa I did not see anything wrong with them talking to the other people in the bar from the town. If those girls don't drink maybe they were just uncomfortable to be with the other girls. Remember that Matt wants a wife that will fit in with the town. No better way than to talk to the towns people and have a fun and a great conversation as well. I think it had nothing to do with them being there for Matt. Enjoy Wednesday night, at least we will be over with TB. Happy Mothers Day all.
    Last edited by theboies; 05-11-2008 at 06:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread