+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2965005;
    Do teachers not have tenure after a certain amount of time in your school district? Here, I think they get tenure after something like 3 years, and you pretty much have to commit a felony to lose your teaching job.
    We do have tenure after 3 years, but if there is anything out there of "questionable character" that is made public, you're out. A good friend's daughter (who had been teaching and coaching about 2 years - and they were thrilled to find her for the coaching position) got a DWI and was dismissed. Maybe that's not the same as posing for Playboy, but if high school students (who are so Internet -savvy) found their teacher's pic, I can't imagine the school board would be happy about it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2965059;
    We do have tenure after 3 years, but if there is anything out there of "questionable character" that is made public, you're out. A good friend's daughter (who had been teaching and coaching about 2 years - and they were thrilled to find her for the coaching position) got a DWI and was dismissed. Maybe that's not the same as posing for Playboy, but if high school students (who are so Internet -savvy) found their teacher's pic, I can't imagine the school board would be happy about it.
    DWI is a little bit different, especially with a teacher who's also a coach because in that situation, there might be a chance that the teacher would be driving the students around to sporting events. So the school wouldn't want someone with a bad driving record having the responsibility of driving kids around.

DWI is also illegal. Having posed for Playboy in one's past is perfectly legal.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;2964703;
    No I got it in there-it's the second to last paragraph.
    Oops... sure is!

We have to talk this show up! Right now, I think it's cute, maybe "McBachelor" or "Bachelor-lite"??? IF he stays kind to all of the girls and doesn't decide to treat them the way some "Bachelors" do, even with the Josie-drama, I think it'll be fun to watch! I liked the elimination with the egg; I guess tomorrow night we'll see a Bingo-style elimination - should be interesting. I also like the fact we're on his turf - or at least in the area - and we seem to be seeing the "star-struck" reaction of his real friends! I sure hope he did meet someone special during this!

I really wanted to see this...but a lot of the times I don't have time to watch it when it airs...and it's not on my fav website for watching TV shows.

I wanted to watch and laugh at this chicks on the farm. I would get a kick out of it since I grew up on one, and am now a city girl.
    I am nobody. Nobody is perfect.
    Therefore, I am perfect.

FORT Fan

Okay, who's watching with me tonight? I'm so excited, I love this show. BTW, the first episode is finally up on the CW website if you want to watch it.

Just finished watching! I missed the first part, but I DVR'ed it so will watch in a while. I love it too. I think it's really cute. Matt does seem a little shy sometimes around all of the girls, but I guess that's to be expected.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I never believed they'd let him let Josie go. I thought for sure she would be the comic relief and he would keep her almost to the end. So I was pretty surprised when she left - or when she "almost left"! I wish we could have heard more of the Bingo players tell Matt what they thought of her. But how rude was she to them? Were her lines scripted or was that just her personality.

We need some sleuthers here to find out more about Matt and the girls. I did notice he kissed just on the cheek tonight on his date. ; )

Who are your early favorites?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2976860;
    Just finished watching! I missed the first part, but I DVR'ed it so will watch in a while. I love it too. I think it's really cute. Matt does seem a little shy sometimes around all of the girls, but I guess that's to be expected.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I never believed they'd let him let Josie go. I thought for sure she would be the comic relief and he would keep her almost to the end. So I was pretty surprised when she left - or when she "almost left"! I wish we could have heard more of the Bingo players tell Matt what they thought of her. But how rude was she to them? Were her lines scripted or was that just her personality.

We need some sleuthers here to find out more about Matt and the girls. I did notice he kissed just on the cheek tonight on his date. ; )

Who are your early favorites?

From what I hear, that's just Josie's personality. I think she likes the shock value.

Except for the fact that she's pretty immature, I like Brooke. I thought Ashley looked really pretty in tonight's episode with the white dress and very little makeup. And I think Krista and Stacey are both hardworking. I think Matt liked Stacey a lot until she opened her mouth and let is run on and on and on (and on). He's definitely not the kind of guy to ramble on! I think that's why Lisa is so worried about if he likes her or not-he's not the kind of guy to say his every feeling out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;2976920;
    From what I hear, that's just Josie's personality. I think she likes the shock value.

Except for the fact that she's pretty immature, I like Brooke. I thought Ashley looked really pretty in tonight's episode with the white dress and very little makeup. And I think Krista and Stacey are both hardworking. I think Matt liked Stacey a lot until she opened her mouth and let is run on and on and on (and on). He's definitely not the kind of guy to ramble on! I think that's why Lisa is so worried about if he likes her or not-he's not the kind of guy to say his every feeling out loud.
    I like Brooke too. I think she got a crush on him right away. And I agree with you about the immaturity. Actually, NOW I like all of the girls. I'd be surprised if he keeps Stacey long. He didn't look like he was having fun at their movie date! I like Lisa. And they keep showing Amanda, even though she hasn't had that much interaction with him. Must mean something, nah, I'm too jaded after watching TB!

+ Reply to Thread