+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

FORT Newbie

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;2961152;
    But I think some of the rumors were wrong-all of the girls are American, and at least one of them had the good sense to wear sneakers to the farm instead of heels.
    Yeah, that was the redhead with the lip piercing. She seems like the smartest one so far.

I love the chunky blond girl . . . she's looking forward to all the polo matches and not having to work as a farmer's wife since she will have people working for her. Hahahahahahahahahahahah Is she ever going to be in for a huge surprise!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LunaArt;2961202;
    I love the chunky blond girl . . . she's looking forward to all the polo matches and not having to work as a farmer's wife since she will have people working for her. Hahahahahahahahahahahah Is she ever going to be in for a huge surprise!!
    She's cracking me up-what did she say about herself, a ten plus one? And then asking questions like if she would get a maid, or how the toilets work. The look on the mother's face when she asked that... "Uh, we have normal toilets."

OMG.....and his name is MATT.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2961415;
    AND he's already kissed his first girl...I love it, this show is exactly why I like reality television.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2961415;

And this will be my new obsession! After the disappointment of TB,I'm ready for some fun. I'm hoping TPTB keep it light, although I'm already seeing drama with the math teacher.

Although I rarely watch this type of show, the title got me and I had to take a look at it. Rarely have I gotten such a good, out-loud laugh. Whoever cast Miss Will-We-Have-A-Maid should be doing farce.

Were any of them sent home tonight? We had a power outage here and I didn't see anything after the "coop-off."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Allegedly Matt applied for The Bachelor.
    'Farmer Wants a Wife'
    On the CW, it's dating on the barn scene.

By Robert Lloyd, Times Television Critic

Here's the one about the farmer and the 10 babes in a house down the road. Stop me if you've heard it before.

You have heard it before, of course, if you've been awake at all this last decade. I won't be the only writer to describe the new CW reality series "Farmer Wants a Wife," in which hot city girls vie for the attentions of a hunky country boy, as "The Simple Life" meets "The Bachelor" -- indeed, you may have trouble finding one who won't. So thoroughly does "Farmer" resemble its overworked models that one can be tired of it almost before it's begun.

The farmer who wants a wife -- though I'm not sure I believe that he does or that most of the women are looking for a marriage that would require them to live in Portage Des Sioux, Mo. -- is 29-year-old Matt Neustadt (a onetime "Bachelor" applicant, reportedly). He grows corn, wheat and soybeans on land his family has owned since the 1940s, though the show is filmed elsewhere, at a location the producers deemed more telegenic, more like "the country.
    Rest of story: 'Farmer Wants a Wife' - TELEVISION REVIEW - Los Angeles Times - calendarlive.com
    Some of these women are aspiring actresses. Really, I never would have thought that.
    From :The Columbus Dispatch : Rural Romeo woos 10 single city chicks
    The 10 women who are competing for Neustadt's hand include several aspiring actors or entertainers -- members of professions that might be hard to nurture in Portage des Sioux. But most profess to be more interested in finding a soul mate than in being on television -- which is why, of course, they signed up for a reality dating program.

Two of the women have Ohio hometowns: Christa, 22, of Cincinnati; and Ashley, 27, of Chagrin Falls (and Wells Beach, Maine).
    Chagrin Falls is not exactly a farming community. The Village of Chagrin Falls, Ohio
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-01-2008 at 06:52 AM.

*sighs* I completely forgot to record this, hopefully I'll remember for next week, I did want to catch a couple of episodes to see if its worthy of me watching it for the giggles factor. I already giggled over the name of the town one of the girls is from Chagrin...chagrin indeed! HEEE!

I've read that this show is a punch line almost...something a long the lines... "If the writers strike lasts long enough we will be forced to create and watch shows like....." and a long came this show. In other words, don't expect much from it other than some serious giggles.

I liked this show so far. Sort of gave me an Outback Jack vibe. And I guess because he kept the Drama Queen-10+1, that this Matt also must follow directions. I admit the one who got the boot wouldn't be a keeper anyway, but Drama Queen 10+1 was working on my last nerve five seconds after she spoke her first words/saw her in her first get up.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

They will probably keep her around for the Omerosa factor. Seems like every show has to have one of those "types"

I liked it a lot...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread