+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

FORT Fan

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Man, I wish they had waited till this week to show repeats-I'm going out of town on business and am gonna miss this wednesday's episode! Y'all post what happened, I'm not going to be able to watch it until they put it online.

I noticed this show is getting more publicity now. It was featured on Yahoo!'s site yesterday. They said the ratings are almost up to those of the Gossip Girl's (which has a LOT more publicity). And it's doing better than Beauty and the Geek - which I will admit is one of my favorites too; I'm sorry to see that one go! So let's keep spreading the word! Tonight's episode looks great (but I will have to DVR it). Who do you think will be the next one to go back to the city? I like almost all of the girls left, so I'm not sure. I think it's going to be hard for him now. He probably likes them all as friends. Maybe Lisa???

I had to add - Arielflies, I LOVE your avatar!!! : )

yay!!!!! it's back tonight. I hated not getting my farmer Matt fix last week. I LOVE this show.

My sister watches this and has convinced me to watch it. She said it was hilarious, and that it was along the same lines as "Outback Jack". So I'm watching this from now on.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

FORT Fanatic

I'm kind of surprised that no one has posted anything about this evening's episode yet. The same crew of girls were being nasty to Brooke & Lisa, Admittedly they did some rather crass dancing in front of the women who taught the girls to square dance, but it's tough to see all the girls talking about these two all the time. They even brought up the late night visit (which Brooke had fessed up to) in front of Matt & five girls told him that they felt it was cause enough to send someone home. The challenge was picking corn. They had to put 2 dozen cobbs - no more, no less in to each of 3 bushel baskets. Three girls came close to tying but Brooke won. Previews for next week's episode showed Matt in a kissing booth and all the girls but Brooke kissed him on the lips. She gave him a peck on the cheek and he was wondering why (in a negative kind of way). Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I still like Brooke. I think she's a little socially immature compared to some of the girls, but that's not such a bad thing. KJ is the only girl that really hasn't been shown making nasty comments about others.

Talk about a hidden edit! Kanisha has come to the forefront as a serious contender! He is really into her and thinks she has what it takes to be a farmer's wife. As they were walking down the hill, she asks him how he will propose to her and he sidesteps with wanting that to be a surprise. They really were cute together and like me the other girls had discounted her as competition...a black girl with a midwest white boy...I guess.

The beer flowed pretty heavy among the three at the house this episode, and from the looks of the previews it gets worse to the point that Ashley has a blackout next week. Yikes - and those were the serious nice girls - Ashley, Amanda and Christy (well, not so much Christy.)

Watching the birth of the goat was neat. I saw a calf birthing when I was six, and I still remember it with awe.

I think he sent home the right girl. It was foreshadowed early when they all got ready for dance practice and she couldn't find the shoes she wanted to wear. Ashley (Ms. Snark) commented about her high maintenance and decided Matt didn't want that kind of girl. The reaction shots, etc. also showed Stacy to be less than enthusiastic about the experience.

I soooo want Brooke and especially Lisa to go home. It's self centered of me, but their edited antics and conflicting behaviors each week are growning old. Dramatic - good for the show - but old.

Didn't you love the "moonshine" elimination? At first I thought they would have them drink the real stuff - like on The Amazing Race - and the one who couldn't finish would go home. Bleh - all they had to do was pour the stuff in small mason jars. It was clever, though. And it fit with the farmer's night out which would include dancing.

The corn harvest challenge was interesting. Kanisha was even stuffing the cobbs in her bra - LOL! Yes, Lisa stole Amanda's basket, but Amanda showed some immaturity by harping on it and, after Matt declared there was a winner, said, "And a cheater." Ooops, Ms. Amanda, I think you fell a bit off of your pedestal in Matt's eyes.

He now knows how the house divides and I think he does favor the threesome over the twosome...with Kanisha standing alone. Speaking of...I'm so glad Kanisha decided to not try and collect on the hickey bet. As she noted - why ruin the romance of the moment.

Yay! There is a fair! I was hoping there would be. And another clever elimation when the girl's name goes up in lights - but how embarrassing in public. I'm so looking forward to next week!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I had to bully my husband into watching last night,but he was laughing by the end of the show. I was surprised too that Kanisha and Matt seemed to have a really normal fun time on their date. But I'm also betting that the others (the Dynamic Duo as well as Triplets) completely discount her possibility as a contender based on racial grounds. Boy, Christa really gets upset when Brooke wins a challenge and gets a gift doesn't she? While Brooke and Lisa have pulled some hairbrained moves, the drinking by Christa, Ashley and Amanda doesn't cast them in the best light either. I really wonder if Matt really is going to get rid of either Brooke or Lisa before he ditches Ashley for instance. He really hasn't had any alone time with her has he?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Wow - I just finished watching! Well, my adoration of the "A" twins is now gone. I couldn't believe the way they acted. So much for showing the "winner" in a positive light. I think he really likes KJ, but I think it's more as a close friend. I bet she'll make it to the final two girls though. I really DON'T like Christa. Didn't her mommy teach her if you don't have something nice to say about someone. . .? I knew Stacey would leave when they showed her struggling during the corn-picking challenge. I didn't see any chemistry on their date. So who is left, and who do I like? I still see a "romantic" attraction from him to Amanda, but I'm not crazy about her any more. I'm seeing a flirtation with Ashley, but we haven't seen them interact enough. Looking at Brooke and Lisa, sure they have done some immature things, but they haven't done or said any HURTFUL things - well Lisa shouldn't have taken Amanda's basket, but I don't think she knew whose it was and probably wasn't thinking about that at the time. If I see an empty cart in a Target, and I don't see anyone around it, and I only planned to pick up a "few" things (but I should know better!), I try to find out if someone's using it, but if not, I will take it. My long drawn-out point is - I don't think it's that much of a big deal. But it may be to Matt. If I were in his shoes, I would keep Lisa until we had a "date" to give her the benefit of the doubt. So my new favorite for him is Brooke - I know, I know, But look at the way she "survived" the original tongue lashing from Christa without retaliating. I think she's really attracted to Matt, but I don't know how he feels about her. If I go by the Hollywood tractor scenario,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it's probably Amanda or Ashley. But would the producers of this show show the winner in such a negative light?
    Famous last words - I'm so burned out on TB, and I tried hard not to take this one seriously, BUT it is a CUTE show! My dh would love it too, since he grew up on a dairy farm, but there is always a baseball game on, and nothing will take him away from that!

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3028236;
    I really wonder if Matt really is going to get rid of either Brooke or Lisa before he ditches Ashley for instance. He really hasn't had any alone time with her has he?
    He has had dates with: Christa, Stacey, Amanda and now, Kanisha. I don't think Brooke gets the next date because at the Fair he complains about her lack of lip lock, and the Fair is where they hold the elimination. I don't think Lisa is up for a date, either...so, I'm thinking this may be Ashley's week and it's on the date where she gets smashed and can't remember what happened.

Foreshadowing in the previews places Brooke (unless she wins the challenge) and Lisa (still fretting over the midnight ride) up for elimination. I was thinking Ashley was vulnerable, but IF she gets the date, it happens after elimation.

Safe, at this point, IMO are: Kanisha, Amanda (though slipped) Christa and more than likely Ashley.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm back in too late to edit, but I wanted to put in my two cents about virgins and sexual behaviors. Both here with Brooke and Lisa simulating the sexy dancing found in strip clubs, and Ryan of B'ette, who was quick to judge, make me want to evaluate (probably also be judgemental) about those professing strong moral beliefs who seem to act contrary to those beliefs. With Lisa and Brooke, I wonder if they are acting out sexual frustration and behaving the way they think city girls should behave...or what? They are earning names for themselves that would shock people to learn they study the bible and have professed to christian morality. I think Brooke is more aware of the contrast than Lisa, but follows her as she is presumed to be her only ally. I don't know whether to sneer or cheer that these two have personalties that conflict with their belief system.

I'm not saying christians or any religious should be rigid (as Ryan) but representing your beliefs in public with non-trashy behavior should be automatic. Maybe they are just too young; immature as they have been characterized.

Okay, I'm done being judgemental.

+ Reply to Thread