+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Wow I finally watched the latest episode and maybe its just the editing? But wow, I went from liking Christa to actively disliking her. What a mean spirited little foul mouthed shrew. I cannot believe she flipped Brooke off in front of the older women at the quilting thingy magig. Seriously, does she not have any manners? I don't care if you were raised in a city or the country, that's just not something you do. Then there is Krista who got so mean spirited because she lost a challenge and got hit by a stick...ok...grazed by it and then proceeded to pout about it like a 3 year old. Wow again.

However, my like of all things Amanda is growing and now add Ashley to that list. I really like both these girls and hope they go far and nothing happens to make me change my mind about them.

Finally is there a girl named Kanisha on this show? Because I swear with what little air time she gets? It's like she's not even there. Every time she appears on my screen? I do a little double take and think to myself "oh, she's still here." Either she's far under the radar because she wins the whole thing or she is pure cannon fodder and not important enough to get much air time (pity because she seems SANE and nice).

Matt's got some BIG ears and I hate that patch under a man's lip. Just want to grab him and shave that dang pretentious thing off! Other than that? He just seems so sincere and I really like him. If I wasn't happily married? I'd be moving out there and seeing if I could be the next Farmer's Wife (hahah kidding...no not really....I'm not a stalker...well maybe....haha..that was the line of the whole show for me or was it when they wondered if they had ruined their chances after showing up at his house?)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3000262;
    I actually did not think the girls were hitting on the men in the bar. Keep in mind the 4 other girls were over there drinking. These two girls don't drink and remember Matt wants someone that would fit in to the community. No better way than talking with the local guys. They probably really enjoyed talking to the girls. I think the girls just had fun.
    Actually, in the second episode when they're making fun of Josie in her bikini, it definitely looks like Brooke is drinking a beer with the other girls. It wasn't specified WHO didn't drink, although I think Lisa doesn't-at bingo Matt warned her about the alcohol in his Bloody Mary.

As for the flirting....I think they were. It's not necessarily a bad thing and in Brooke's case, I think she just has a flirtatious personality. But I can see where the others would get upset that they were acting that way, especially around the young guy who was in the bar.

There's definitely a few girls who are standing out for Matt. Obviously Amanda would be a front runner since he took her for a family dinner and is the only girl he's really kissed (the kisses Christa got I don't count). I think he's also noticing Ashley-they keep making jokes and smiling at each other.

For the ones I think he's NOT into-Lisa. I think he's kinda turned off by the whole bible-thumping thing, and she's right, he's not paying quite as close attention when she talks as he does to the others. Stacey-I think he was into her until she started talking so much. He seems like a pretty quiet guy and seems to kinda zone out every time someone talks too much.

Which leaves Brooke, Christa and Kanisha in the middle for me. Ultimately Brooke will probably prove too immature for him-she seems a little too jealous and impulsive. I don't see him picking Kanisha if she was the last woman on earth, although she seems like a nice girl. Christa has a chance, but not as good Amanda and Ashley.

Any predictions from anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3000733;
    Actually, in the second episode when they're making fun of Josie in her bikini, it definitely looks like Brooke is drinking a beer with the other girls. It wasn't specified WHO didn't drink, although I think Lisa doesn't-at bingo Matt warned her about the alcohol in his Bloody Mary.

As for the flirting....I think they were. It's not necessarily a bad thing and in Brooke's case, I think she just has a flirtatious personality. But I can see where the others would get upset that they were acting that way, especially around the young guy who was in the bar.

There's definitely a few girls who are standing out for Matt. Obviously Amanda would be a front runner since he took her for a family dinner and is the only girl he's really kissed (the kisses Christa got I don't count). I think he's also noticing Ashley-they keep making jokes and smiling at each other.

For the ones I think he's NOT into-Lisa. I think he's kinda turned off by the whole bible-thumping thing, and she's right, he's not paying quite as close attention when she talks as he does to the others. Stacey-I think he was into her until she started talking so much. He seems like a pretty quiet guy and seems to kinda zone out every time someone talks too much.

Which leaves Brooke, Christa and Kanisha in the middle for me. Ultimately Brooke will probably prove too immature for him-she seems a little too jealous and impulsive. I don't see him picking Kanisha if she was the last woman on earth, although she seems like a nice girl. Christa has a chance, but not as good Amanda and Ashley.

Any predictions from anyone else?
    My favorites are Ashley and Amanda too, but I'm not counting Brooke out. I think Lisa MIGHT just have a chance too. She herself said he never looks her in the eye, but it might be because he's just a tad shy? Don't know - I haven't got a good read on her because they haven't shown her a lot. I think Christa, who I started out rooting for, has really gone downhill. She won't leave that interrupting the date alone, and just as you posted earlier in your recap, I'm tired of it too! I also think he wouldn't be crazy about the language she uses. Kanisha I have to see with him one-on-one, but I like her and would like to have her as a friend. She seems fun. But I wouldn't be surprised if Matt sees her as a friend too. He seems to have that kind of vibe with her so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Stacy is one of the next girls to go. She spent a lot of her date with him talking about the drama in the house, and then brought it up again on the picnic. But he did ask her about it there. Did he want to see how the other girls reacted? I'm not sure how he feels about all that. But they didn't seem to have much of a romantic connection on their date. I noticed he kissed her on the cheek. But I also noticed there was a lot of talking going on that we didn't hear!

Those kisses with Amanda were HOT! It looked like he didn't want to leave her when he walked her into the house!

I PM'd Lynn and asked her to take a look at this show and give us a take on his body language. I'll be interested to see what she says!

FORT Fanatic

I think he may go for Lisa more if she would just use good sense!LOL Her choice of shoes during the challenges make him think she's nuts. Who wears heels to drive a tractor

I think he thinks Amanda is adorable even chewing on straw! I don't blame him. She's game for most anything and is having a blast whether she wins or loses, and she thinks he's hot
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Some things I noticed.

First from the preview clips, etc. at the website: in the Tractor trailer (HA - couldn't resist) the only two girls I can't account for are Amanda and Ashley.

Second from the last show: Did you notice that Matt lives in a new construction modern farmhouse? It is gorgeous and I'm assuming has all the modern conveniences that come with new construction. I love the wrap-around porch. I noticed that the hallway is long and travels all the way back to the kitchen, which would be good for cross ventilation. Also from that sequence, does anyone think they know what Matt was drinking from a mason jar? What comes to mind with that type of container is moonshine...but probably lemonaide - LOL.

Does anyone know what was in the bowl at the dinner table at his folks place? To me it looked like bar-b-qued scallops.

I think the F2 are Amanda and Ashley (both terrific edits this past week) and that whoever she is, IF there is a future with Matt, she won't have to rough it as far as housing goes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Did anybody else notice that in the scene where Amanda and Matt are driving up to his parents house, there is a HUGE city skyline right in the background? I couldn't help the cynical smirk and wondering why farmer Matt didn't just drive the 30 or so miles into the big city to find himself a wife. As much as I like Matt (and Amanda/Ashley) wish they had chosen a truly rural area for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3001267;

First from the preview clips, etc. at the website: in the Tractor trailer (HA - couldn't resist) the only two girls I can't account for are Amanda and Ashley.

Second from the last show: Did you notice that Matt lives in a new construction modern farmhouse? It is gorgeous and I'm assuming has all the modern conveniences that come with new construction. I love the wrap-around porch. I noticed that the hallway is long and travels all the way back to the kitchen, which would be good for cross ventilation. Also from that sequence, does anyone think they know what Matt was drinking from a mason jar? What comes to mind with that type of container is moonshine...but probably lemonaide - LOL.

Does anyone know what was in the bowl at the dinner table at his folks place? To me it looked like bar-b-qued scallops.

I think the F2 are Amanda and Ashley (both terrific edits this past week) and that whoever she is, IF there is a future with Matt, she won't have to rough it as far as housing goes.
    Hmmm - interesting. . . I wonder if when they filmed this they were also filming a kind of "hometown" date when the two last girls take Matt to the "big city"! That would explain A & A's absence. I can't wait to see how he interacts with Ashley. We know Amanda's one of his favorites, but I think he's strongly attracted to Ashley too.

His house looked REALLY nice - can I live there? I absolutely love that porch!I imagine Matt makes a pretty good living working on the family farm, and with his degree, he probably does a lot of the managing of it.

Dinner did look good - it looked a little fancier than regular "farm food," but then that's what all of the girls have been enjoying. I think you're right - could be scallops, I thought some kind of Shish-Ka-Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3001315;
    Did anybody else notice that in the scene where Amanda and Matt are driving up to his parents house, there is a HUGE city skyline right in the background? I couldn't help the cynical smirk and wondering why farmer Matt didn't just drive the 30 or so miles into the big city to find himself a wife. As much as I like Matt (and Amanda/Ashley) wish they had chosen a truly rural area for the show.

See posts #84-85!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3001413;
    Hmmm - interesting. . . I wonder if when they filmed this they were also filming a kind of "hometown" date when the two last girls take Matt to the "big city"! That would explain A & A's absence. I can't wait to see how he interacts with Ashley. We know Amanda's one of his favorites, but I think he's strongly attracted to Ashley too.
    I think this was filmed post show as a promotion before it aired. Since it filmed last July, this could have been as recently as a month ago. I noticed Kanisha (in particular) and a couple of the girls have a weight change...and then there is the re-style of Matt's hair. He went from early Ryan Seacrest to a darkened Clay Aiken.

IF
    Amanda and Ashley are in the final two, the other girls wouldn't know who won, but the F3 would be there and could tell them who was in the final two. Kind of like WTA only as publicity without the telling.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3001462;
    I think this was filmed post show as a promotion before it aired. Since it filmed last July, this could have been as recently as a month ago. I noticed Kanisha (in particular) and a couple of the girls have a weight change...and then there is the re-style of Matt's hair. He went from early Ryan Seacrest to a darkened Clay Aiken.

IF
    Amanda and Ashley are in the final two, the other girls wouldn't know who won, but the F3 would be there and could tell them who was in the final two. Kind of like WTA only as publicity without the telling.
    Last July? Wow, that's a long time for the girls to keep things secret, especially if they got close while they were in the house. Do you think it's possible they really don't know? Or is it in the contract not to say anything? All of these shows with their secret keeping - don't know if I could do it!

I love Matt's hair like this! More importantly, did he have a grin on his face? I'll have to watch it again to see if I can pick up anything. I really hope he found someone. Just by seeing what we are seeing so far, I'm guessing he wouldn't actually PROPOSE right away (unlike some others we know ), but would take the time to get to know the one he selected.
    I can't see him in this for going Hollywood. He seems to be pretty invested in his farm, and he seems to like living in the country!

+ Reply to Thread