+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer Wants a Wife

Re: Farmer Wants a Wife

Well, my opinion of Christa has changed a lot! Not rooting for her anymore.

He is really attracted to Amanda - another sweet Amanda - hope this one turns out better than the last "Matt and Amanda"! And she got a special date with the parents. And she definitely got a special kiss - or two or three or more!

I don't think Brooke and Lisa are fake - maybe a little immature, definitely fun-loving, but not fake. Do all of the other girls think that too, or just Christa? I did notice Ashley stood up for Brooke, which made me like Ashley more. I don't blame them for going to talk to Matt, and I hope he's smart enough to ignore the other gossip about them. Brooke's pouting at one point seemed a little much, but I think she really wants a one-on-one date with him.

I didn't like the elimination by sewing. I thought originally Krista would be the one leaving, but then after her injury I had my doubts.

Matt seems like a lot of fun - he has a good sense of humor!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Again, I was surfing to this show during Idol commercials. It seems kind of cute. And, yes, Matt is a cutie, with a good personality. I can see myself really getting into the sho after American Idol is finished.

I too liked this Amanda. Also like Ashley, and don't think Brooke is bad. Just getting a bad edit. I need to watch it more, to get a better perspective of the gals.

BTW - next Wednesday is a marathon of the first three shows - which will be great for you...but makes me sad because I want to see what happens next episode!

WOW! Amanda got a terrific edit the whole show this week! First washing the truck, then on the porch, then he said she was sitting pretty on the tractor with the staw in her mouth. At the picnic she was never included in the game of "would you rather" which is right out of junior high, but I guess a quick way to guage a person's personality.

Krista who started the show as one of my favorites went downhill fast. Even she said she had a bad attitude...that she liked to win. Bye-Bye.

I really felt for Amanda - a first date and you meet the parents? I mean she already knew his mom, but this was as a guest in their home. They were so cute flirting across the table, and that kiss(s) before he walked her into the house...oh, my.

I'm liking this show very much - I wondered if they would include quilting and I'm glad they showed a Bee in action, but I'm rather upset that the girls (driven by Lisa) decided to turn their quilting lesson into a cat fight. I wonder who was paying attention and who was not. I'm sure Matt is getting feed back from those that have had contact with the girls including the two men in the bar last episode.

So - marathon next week, then on with the show!

Current favorites: Amanda, Ashley and Christine (a bit too snarky (New York attitude?) but interesting.))
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Well Josie left last week and boy, did she make one of the best exits EVER. Plus, all the girls got mad at Brooke and Lisa for flirting with old men at the bar, although it’s nice to think that those old men will die happy. This week promises a tractor race and swimming, which guarantees another week of shirtless Matt.

The girls are waking up and Ashley and Christa decide to wash the muddy trucks. I’d like to note at this time something that’s been bothering me for a few weeks-does it look to anyone else like the producers just lobbed mud at the trucks to make it LOOK like they had been used for muddin’? Anyway, while Ashley and Christa wash the truck, Brooke and Lisa stand around in bikinis talking about how good they are at washing cars. Unfortunately, they never actually do any work, but they do end up in a water fight. Basically it’s like last week when they pretended to make breakfast and never did any real work, and it makes the other girls mad.

Meanwhile Matt is doing some real farm work, and pondering Stacey’s comments that some girls aren’t there for him. Ultimately he decides that he doesn’t want to deal with it at the moment, and sends Mom to the girls.

Pay Attention-This Will Be Important Later

Mom (and the producers) thinks it’s time to do something feminine. And what’s more feminine than….quilting? The girls pretend to be excited, but you know it’s an act. With something like quilting, it’s obviously going to be a bunch of little old ladies again, although these seem more enthusiastic than the bingo crowd. Head Quilter Sharon explains that the bride’s mother used to make quilts for her daughter’s wedding, and tries to teach the girls how to quilt. Of course, most of them can’t make it past threading the needle without drawing blood, so they resort to conversation instead. Krista actually asks if it annoys them that they have to serve their husbands dinner after working all day themselves. The quilters also ask some questions of our girls, one being if they would change the way Matt dresses. I’m not sure who it is, but I believe one of them answered that they wouldn’t put clothes on Farmer Matt at all. Brooke immediately mentions that she and Matt have a lot in common and have a ‘connection’. Christa scoffs at this-Brooke hasn’t even had a solo date, so if anyone has a connection with Matt it’s her. Or she would have if Brooke hadn’t ruined her almost perfect date. Yes, Christa is still mad about that incident. And no, she’s not going to let it go. This episode, at least.

Back at the house, Ashley, Amanda and Christa are sitting on the porch gossiping about Brooke. They think she’s immature, naive and dumb. Brooke meanwhile is puzzled because she’s used to being the popular girl. She reasons that it’s just jealousy over the connection she has with Matt, but while she and the rest are inside, Matt comes driving up and the three on the porch definitely aren’t going to let the others know. Ashley in particular isn’t eager to let the others know he’s there-she’s quiet and she thinks she stands a better chance in a smaller group. When the others figure out that he’s there, Matt jokes that “I just got here….an hour ago!” To diffuse any cat fights, he asks what they want to do, and in a not-at-all-scripted move, one says that she’d like to drive a tractor. How convenient! Because the challenge this week will be driving tractors.

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Before they leave, however, Ashley jokes that she’d like to ride Matt’s tractor, and he coyly asks which one with a big ol’ grin on his face. As they leave, Lisa is once again wearing heels and a mini skirt (does she own anything else?) and Matt notes that she’s not dressed appropriately for driving a tractor.

For this week’s challenge, the girls must drive a tractor around a field to 15 bales of hay-they have to get off and load each bale- and then drive into a neighboring field. The first one finished is walking in tall cotton, has it made in the shade, whatever country slang you want to use this week. They get a quick tutorial on how to drive a tracor, which goes way too fast for me so you know it went fast for the ladies. Brooke is certain she will “rock it” and Matt points out that it’s not just who wins the challenges-it’s who puts their whole heart into it.

They take off…or everyone but Kanisha does. I almost think she planned it, because Matt runs over to give her some pointers and she spends a few minutes swooning over how he’s her sweaty hero. Meanwhile Amanda is channeling her inner farmer by chewing a piece of straw while she’s driving-Matt likes it, but he’s also chewing on some straw. Lisa, however, has some problems in her heels. The second she jumps off to get her first bale, she steps on some stray straw (say that five times fast) and scratches her foot. She claims it’s a lesson learned, but I’ll wait to see. Krista and Brooke are in the lead though, with Krista slightly ahead. However Krista hasn’t properly loaded her bales, and one falls off. Since she has to get off to retrieve it, Brooke manages to pull out the win. Matt is excited because he wants to get to know her better, but you know Christa is fuming.

To celebrate their hard work, they’re going to have a barbeque. I’d like to note it’s not a REAL barbeque though-we always dug a pit in the backyard and cooked a whole pig overnight. But Matt proves he can cook at least a little and grills out. He’s also obviously getting comfortable around the girls because he grabs a bottle of water-to put out any fires- and pretends to pour it over himself.

While the food is cooking, Lisa takes the opportunity to grill Matt over the local churches and service times. Christa thinks that Lisa is playing up the religion/virgin angle too much, and while she is arguing Matt escapes to tend the grill. Still, he claims to be so impressed with the girls that he is the luckiest guy in the world. Really, do they trademark these sayings? Because someone could make a fortune. Anyway, during dinner Ashley asks if he is really ready to get married-he answers that if he was in love and it was the right girl, he could see himself married in three months. Stacey wants to know what qualities he looks for in a girl, and he kinda cops out by saying it’s a gut feeling. Actually, he rambled for awhile but all I got was gut feeling. He also claims he didn’t get any duds…did he see Josie? No, I loved Josie, but did he see her? (Plus, can we bring her back like Erica in Prince Lorenzo’s season of the Bachelor?) To stop the questions, he announces a group date for the next day and tells them to bring their bikinis. They scream, knowing that it also means Matt shirtless. (I squealed a little too)

After dinner, Lisa and Brooke are sitting on the swing bemoaning the fact that they aren’t the popular girls anymore. Because Christa hasn’t caused enough trouble yet, she walks up and asks to talk to Brooke alone. She says that Brooke is putting up a front and only getting excited about Matt when Matt is around. Brook wants to know where this is coming from and of course, Christa mentions the date. Frankly, by now I don’t care if Christa caught Brooke and Matt having sex on her date, it’s getting old. When Brooke refuses to discuss it, the two walk off in opposite directions.

You Can Drill Me Anytime....Unless It's With a Bat

Getting ready for the group date the next day, the girls are putting on makeup and straightening their hair….do they realize they’re going to be swimming and it’s all pointless? While they are primping, Brook talks a walk to visit the animals. She’s adamant that she’s not putting on a front….she really likes this guy she met three weeks ago. At the pond where they have their date, Matt pulls out about a million blankets along with fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. Add in green beans and turnip greens, and you got my favorite meal. He claims to have helped Mom make it, but according to his confession last week, he picked it up at KFC. I’m guessing. He also notes that Amanda is a ‘real doll’ and that she’s very genuine.

For some reason they play Would You Rather during lunch. Matt cops to rather kissing Franny (the chicken lady) than sucking the toes of the Bingo lady…I’m not sure why that question was asked, ew. It’s quickly gets more serious-Stacey claims that not all the girls are there for him (Christa glares at Brooke) and Matt says that he’d enjoy working with his wife on the farm every day. Sheesh….don’t even bother playing a game, just ask the questions. Lisa asks if he’s rather do something great and live only a week or live a long time and lead a normal life-there’s a long pause before Matt suggests they go swim. He thinks she put a damper on the game.

In the water, Matt says that Ashley is getting more flirty with him-and he likes it. They play various games including chicken fighting. Unfortunately during one, Matt accidentally beans Krista with a stick. She’s not as good at playing hurt as Stacey though, as she kinda glares at Matt as he tries to apologize. If she’d play it right, he’s be cuddling her on the riverbank. Instead, he wipes off her face and returns to the water as she refuses to acknowledge him. He even cracks a joke that he is sorry he hit her with his big piece of wood and she doesn’t so much as smile.

Back at the farm, Christa says that she always has an idea of who’s going home. Lisa is again worried that he’s not really looking at her or engaging her in conversation. Matt meanwhile, worries that a few of the girls he’s attracted to aren’t truly attracted to him.

You Really Should Have Paid Attention

This week’s elimination is quilting! Sharon reappear and Matt explains that she’s going to embroider the name of the girl who’s eliminated on a scene of a bird leaving it’s next full of eggs. But first, since Brooke won the challenge, she gets a present (he’s trying to avoid future Josies). Krista is seriously miffed-she and Kanisha both won challenges, but they didn’t get presents. It turns out to be a belt buckle with a longhorn steer on it. The girls wait nervously while Sharon sews, and to make it extra crafty she doesn’t sew the letters in order….or finish an entire letter before she goes to the next one. It slowly becomes clear that it is Lisa, Krista, or Christa.

Eventually it turns out that Krista is the one eliminated, and she’s shocked. Matt explains that he saw that she was a hard worker but found it hard to get her to smile or show that she wasn’t bored. Krista leaves gracefully amid tears (some of them Matt’s) and says she hopes he finds The One.

Meet The Parents

This week’s date goes to Amanda, who is happy that she doesn’t have to compete for attention and says “finally” like she hasn’t seen him in months. The green eyed monster in Brooke comes out, but the rest help Amanda get ready for her date. When he arrives, Matt asks for his princess and stands back to admire her when she comes down the stairs. He’s got the perfect date planned for her, the one thing every woman dreams of….

Dinner with the parents. To her credit, Amanda pretends to be thrilled when he tells her, but confesses to camera that she’s freaked out. On a side note, Matt calls his dad ‘Pops’ which is completely adorable (I feel a ‘connection’ with Farmer Matt….I’ll take him if none of these girls do). During dinner they laugh that Amanda wore shorts during this week’s challenge-she freely admits it was a bad choice. Calling him ‘hot’ in front of his parents makes them pause for a second, but they’re hooked when she says she wants to make Matt happy. He says he wants to make her happy too, and really can’t take his eyes off her throughout the whole dinner. So it really shouldn’t be a surprise that he kisses her in the truck when he takes her home. And when I say kiss, I don’t mean the cute innocent kiss he shared with Christa-he makes out with her long enough for all the rest of the girls to go spy through the front window. He’s impressed that she fits in with his family and says she’ll probably be around for awhile. Shame Matt….you can’t admit that so early! He also walks her all the way into the house with his arm around her and tells the others that they had a special date. The girls try to pry details out of her but she only says she won’t kiss and tell. Obviously she doesn’t know that they SAW her kiss.

Lisa and Brooke, wanting more time with Matt, sneak out once the others are asleep. (“We aren’t stalkers!....Well, a little” -Lisa) Surprised to see them, Matt comments that he should have taken his address off the magazines at the house. Really, he looks more than a little annoyed that they’re at his house, and after they express their concerns about being misrepresented by the other girls, he sends them on their way. Brooke wonders if they screwed themselves over. “Maybe” says Lisa.

Next week is square dancing, which in Virgin World means grinding on the dance floor. Christa calls Lisa and Brooke closet freaks, and Amanda doesn’t want to be overbearing in order to win Farmer Matt.

Haven't watched yet but Amanda is the dark haired one that I said was my current fav so YAY, something to look forward to and thanks for letting us know that next week is a marathon since I missed the first epi. Christa was my other fav, interesting that some of you think she was fake and don't like her that much anymore (will be watching closely to see why).

Thanks Blondiegal for the cast photo! It really helps since I'm horrible about remembering who is who so early in the show.

Last night really was a change up from what I'm used to seeing on The Bachelor. And it appeared to be a shock to Amanda too but she did handle it well....except for calling Matt "hot" in front of his parents. I thought the family date was very cute. Amanda definitely is F2 material.

But how come the producers did switch up the date for the challenge winner? Brooke was the only winner so far who did not get a date, right? As for Brooke's midnight visit to Matt....I don't know if that was a good thing or not. She might have shot herself in the foot. I guess it depends on who Matt believes.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Thanks again for the great recap, pretlitdev!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;2998384;
    Well Josie left last week and boy, did she make one of the best exits EVER. Plus, all the girls got mad at Brooke and Lisa for flirting with old men at the bar, although it’s nice to think that those old men will die happy. This week promises a tractor race and swimming, which guarantees another week of shirtless Matt.

[I]YES![/I]

Krista actually asks if it annoys them that they have to serve their husbands dinner after working all day themselves.

And she thinks farm wives are the only ones who do this???

The quilters also ask some questions of our girls, one being if they would change the way Matt dresses. I’m not sure who it is, but I believe one of them answered that they wouldn’t put clothes on Farmer Matt at all. Brooke immediately mentions that she and Matt have a lot in common and have a ‘connection’. Christa scoffs at this-Brooke hasn’t even had a solo date, so if anyone has a connection with Matt it’s her. Or she would have if Brooke hadn’t ruined her almost perfect date. Yes, Christa is still mad about that incident. And no, she’s not going to let it go. This episode, at least.

I don't see anything wrong with any of the girls thinking she has a "connection." That's what they're there for! Are they going to ADMIT there is no connection?

No, I loved Josie, but did he see her? (Plus, can we bring her back like Erica in Prince Lorenzo’s season of the Bachelor?) To stop the questions, he announces a group date for the next day and tells them to bring their bikinis. They scream, knowing that it also means Matt shirtless. (I squealed a little too)

LOL!!! I wish they'd bring Josie back too. Can't believe they "let" him eliminate her so soon!

Frankly, by now I don’t care if Christa caught Brooke and Matt having sex on her date, it’s getting old. When Brooke refuses to discuss it, the two walk off in opposite directions.

ITA!!

In the water, Matt says that Ashley is getting more flirty with him-and he likes it. They play various games including chicken fighting. Unfortunately during one, Matt accidentally beans Krista with a stick. She’s not as good at playing hurt as Stacey though, as she kinda glares at Matt as he tries to apologize. If she’d play it right, he’s be cuddling her on the riverbank. Instead, he wipes off her face and returns to the water as she refuses to acknowledge him. He even cracks a joke that he is sorry he hit her with his big piece of wood and she doesn’t so much as smile.

He hit her HAND by accident! Stacy got hit in the face! I agree - if she played if differently she might still be there!

He says he wants to make her happy too, and really can’t take his eyes off her throughout the whole dinner. So it really shouldn’t be a surprise that he kisses her in the truck when he takes her home. And when I say kiss, I don’t mean the cute innocent kiss he shared with Christa-he makes out with her long enough for all the rest of the girls to go spy through the front window. He’s impressed that she fits in with his family and says she’ll probably be around for awhile. Shame Matt….you can’t admit that so early! He also walks her all the way into the house with his arm around her and tells the others that they had a special date. The girls try to pry details out of her but she only says she won’t kiss and tell. Obviously she doesn’t know that they SAW her kiss.

THIS was fun to watch. I'm glad Amanda wouldn't give many details. ; )

Lisa and Brooke, wanting more time with Matt, sneak out once the others are asleep. (“We aren’t stalkers!....Well, a little” -Lisa) Surprised to see them, Matt comments that he should have taken his address off the magazines at the house. Really, he looks more than a little annoyed that they’re at his house, and after they express their concerns about being misrepresented by the other girls, he sends them on their way. Brooke wonders if they screwed themselves over. “Maybe” says Lisa.

Don't know what I think of this. I understand why they wanted to talk to him, but probably not a good idea to drive to his house - producer manipulated, maybe? I'm getting caught up in believing this is "real" reality. I think it's a little more real than TB, at least I want to think! But after that fiasco, I'm not sure.

Next week is square dancing, which in Virgin World means grinding on the dance floor. Christa calls Lisa and Brooke closet freaks, and Amanda doesn’t want to be overbearing in order to win Farmer Matt.
    Last edited by Beachmom; 05-15-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2998478;
    Last night really was a change up from what I'm used to seeing on The Bachelor. And it appeared to be a shock to Amanda too but she did handle it well....except for calling Matt "hot" in front of his parents. I thought the family date was very cute. Amanda definitely is F2 material.

But how come the producers did switch up the date for the challenge winner? Brooke was the only winner so far who did not get a date, right? As for Brooke's midnight visit to Matt....I don't know if that was a good thing or not. She might have shot herself in the foot. I guess it depends on who Matt believes.
    Actually, I think neither of the previous challenge winners got a date. The challenges were won by Keniesha and Krista, and the dates those weeks went to Christa and Stacey. The challenge winners only get immunity from elimination for the week.

I would like to see more solo or 2 on 1 dates and less challenges. IMHO, immunity challenges are useless on dating reality shows

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2996200;
    I missed the first episode on TV also, but finally caught it at CW .com in the video tab for full episodes.

I don't know if they have them anymore, but the branding rodeos were fairly local, not professional...of course this was waaayyy back in the early 1950's and maybe that whole thing of neighbors gathering for branding has gone by the wayside.

I also thought the "hitting on the men in the bar" was a prolonged edit that will be played forward tonight at the swimming hole.

Matt seems to be a pretty straight-forward kind of guy...but we know women have wiles and he may be bamdoozled before this whole thing is over.

I actually did not think the girls were hitting on the men in the bar. Keep in mind the 4 other girls were over there drinking. These two girls don't drink and remember Matt wants someone that would fit in to the community. No better way than talking with the local guys. They probably really enjoyed talking to the girls. I think the girls just had fun.

FORT Fanatic

One thing you will notice, is even though you see Christa getting narly at Brooke. You will see them sitting by each other in the truck, and other places as well. I don't think the conflict is as bad and they are trying to make it out to be. Christa is the one who is strong and opinionated. She is the one that keeps bringing up the bible, and virgin topics.

With the fact that Matt is christian and goes to church, I think he would have trouble with Christa if he heard her mouth off once in a while. And she does have a mouthy mouth on her.

+ Reply to Thread