+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just finished watching a little mini marathon of Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis, she was getting her house ready to put up for sale. Sometimes her idea of what is renovated and mine seem to be at polar opposites. While I do like that she emptied out her garage put in some storage, put in a concrete driveway, and patched the garage floor at needed and put in new garage doors. It's some of her dumpster finds that bother me, does she even clean this stuff before putting it up on walls. Overall she didn't over improve the garage just made it very usable but in the next episode she updates her basement. Yes, she is very conscious of getting rid of the asbestos and other health issues its the powder room she created and was so proud off. It felt like it was in someone's barn and I would be scared to use it. Overall she has the carpentry skills and restoration skills to be successful at her work but sometimes her aesthetic is just not too appealing.

To me Nicole Curtis and Genevieve Gorder have this weird quirky aesthetic that makes me wonder ... I just don't get it.
    You are far more charitable than I am regarding Nicole Curtis. To me she is an out-and-out butcher. I can't believe some of the garbage she churns out in the name of her "aesthetic". So much of what she does is just shoddy workmanship and taking the lazy way out. Oh, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I can't get that channel changed fast enough when I see her show up on my screen! Other than that, I love her.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Episode 2 of Flipping The Block - 7/27/14

6 days to do both the upstairs full bath and the downstairs half bath/powder room.

I am starting to dislike Curtis of the Silver Team. The guy with the beard. He doesn't take criticism very well, looks as if he just gives up and his coping mechanism is to eat and it looks as if he would play dirty if he could.

I thought either the young married couple, Jon and Whitney or the sisters who won last week where the front runners in this weeks competition and have no problem with either winning. Both teams are at least mostly finishing their projects and improving the quality of their work and the other two teams don't seem to get that concept. Hated that wooden mess that Amanda and Curtis put in their bathrooms. To see the look on Nicole Curtis's face when she was looking at it was priceless considering the things she has made and put in her houses.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking forward to the kitchen remodel as that will be the bulk of the remaining cash after that what do they really have to redo the living dining area? I wonder since they are rehabbing the condos if that means new doors and windows and a new paint job outside as well as landscaping and who will cover that cost? I can't see this series going further than 6 episodes and that is stretching it although they do need to do an episode where they finish all the projects they haven't finished so far and the auction episode.

Watched the last two episodes of Genevieve's Renovation .... I did think the bathtub in the office was a bit wacky because she had 3 bathrooms put in, one for her daughter, one in the master bedroom and one in the guest room so why did she need another tub cause she was thinking of putting in a dutch hot tub on her terrace?

side note:

Dutchtub | Uncrate

[quote]
    Dutchtub

What's the biggest problem with hot tubs? They pretty much have to stay in one place. The Dutchtub ($7,200) is a portable hot tub that warms its water by way of connected outer pipes that coil around a fire basket, letting a natural fire do the work of warming the water all the way up to 113 degrees Fahrenheit. It also features a wine bottle holder with space for ice to keep your white/bubbly cool while you stay warm in the water. With available BBQ, chimney, and trailer accessories, we can't wait to get our hands on one and take it to the closest beach we can find which unfortunately for us is hours and hours away.
    [quote]

This is confusing first of all in a earlier episode they showed Genevieve wanting to put in a fake grass lawn on both terraces. Scratch that it's too expensive. Then she wants to put in a Dutch Hot Tub which cost over $7,000 but the co op board won't let her so she puts a bathtub in her office because she doesn't have space in her master bathroom for a tub. Why not use the tubs in her daughters bathroom or the quest bathroom? Gen herself answers that she didn't have room in the master bathroom for a tub but still she did have two others to use.

It did confuse me that she put her office upstairs in her home, that means clients have to go through her house to her office, does she really want that?? I did like how she make the black living room work.

I did check on line at HGTV and the total size of both apartment together is 2,400 sq ft. therefore each individual apartment was originally 1,200 sq ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Watched the last two episodes of Genevieve's Renovation .... I did think the bathtub in the office was a bit wacky because she had 3 bathrooms put in, one for her daughter, one in the master bedroom and one in the guest room so why did she need another tub cause she was thinking of putting in a dutch hot tub on her terrace?

side note:

Dutchtub | Uncrate

Dutchtub

What's the biggest problem with hot tubs? They pretty much have to stay in one place. The Dutchtub ($7,200) is a portable hot tub that warms its water by way of connected outer pipes that coil around a fire basket, letting a natural fire do the work of warming the water all the way up to 113 degrees Fahrenheit. It also features a wine bottle holder with space for ice to keep your white/bubbly cool while you stay warm in the water. With available BBQ, chimney, and trailer accessories, we can't wait to get our hands on one and take it to the closest beach we can find which unfortunately for us is hours and hours away.

This is confusing first of all in a earlier episode they showed Genevieve wanting to put in a fake grass lawn on both terraces. Scratch that it's too expensive. Then she wants to put in a Dutch Hot Tub which cost over $7,000 but the co op board won't let her so she puts a bathtub in her office because she doesn't have space in her master bathroom for a tub. Why not use the tubs in her daughters bathroom or the quest bathroom? Gen herself answers that she didn't have room in the master bathroom for a tub but still she did have two others to use.

It did confuse me that she put her office upstairs in her home, that means clients have to go through her house to her office, does she really want that?? I did like how she make the black living room work.

I am watching the 2 minutes videos of Genevieve's Renovation and they are actually more informative and more interesting than the show and you get much more of the why this was done and why that was chosen.

Flipping the Block - 08/03/14

The Kitchen

Amanda and Curtis spent the most over $22,000 and won. They have less than $300 left and have to do the patio next week and the rest of the condo which is the living room and other areas.

Flipping The Block is supposed to be 8 episodes long.

1. Master Bedroom
    2. Upstairs Bathroom and Powder Room
    3. Kitchen
    4. Patio
    5. ? living room ?
    6. ? landscaping ?
    7. ? fix everything not done ?
    8. Finale - Auction

Preview for Flipping the Block ep 4 they are giving everyone $3000 to do the patio. I hope that was preplanned and not because Amanda and Curtis only have less than $300 left.

While it is nice that Amanda and Curtis won $10,000 for them to take home for having the best kitchen after taxes that is only $6,000 and split 2 ways only $3,000. Really not that much money.

Flipping The Block - Episode 4 - The Patio - 08/10/14

WTF are those awful fences made off? They look terrible and that pool they are putting in looks way too small.

I get that in California and it's mild weather that it makes sense to extend the living space outdoors and make a dining area outside. It looks as if three of the teams did that. I am surprised that John and Whitney didn't include the hose bib as they had just under $500 dollars left in their budget. Also why was the contractor charging John and Whitney $550 and only $350 for Amanda and Curtis? I did like that Nicole Curtis commented on the high maintenance of the lawn. I personally would hate to mow that small area. Why bother. I do see that Amanda and Curtis have great ideas but they design too specifically for themselves versus their customers. I do wish the Texas boys would get it through their heads that while they do good work their overall design may be not enough and listen to what the experts say. Don't put grass in a place where it will be mud in a while due to high traffic.

+ Reply to Thread