+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3165834;

I can't answer about the paint fumes but maybe you should put your head between your knees and get some fresh air.

onei0091 and I are talking about Angelo's show 24 Hour Design, not the kitchen.

I was joking about the paint. Although with the previous home owner's "sparkling lilac" bathroom and bedroom, I should be thinking about painting.

I knew Angelo from HGTV's Rate My Space. I've never seen the other show.

FORT Fogey
    Allie, I knew you were joking about the paint fumes, so was I.

Miss Griss. There are some things that point to them having viewed the room and ordered materials ahead.

1. Cynthia's mirrored tiles were in a box on the floor. She and her team frantically hunted for them. She knew they were there; they were not on display. Had she viewed them on a shelf she would have returned to the spot. And why would they even stock that unlikely choice?

2. In the kitchens both counter tops were cut and ready to install. They are not set up to cut and fit counters.

3. Had Angelo chosen his counters on the spot after viewing the room he would not have been surprised at the color. He would have just chosen it.

4. Six hours is not time enough to design a room AND install it.

5. They could not stock enough of a selection of furniture to accomodate the possibilities.

I do believe they stock all the accessories and some smaller items that are left overs from somewhere.
    Last edited by shoepie; 08-15-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Unfortunately, shoepie, I was not kidding about the sparkling lilac.

Good point on the timeframe. Reality tv is soooo real.

I kind of like the show, though. I do like the side-by-side comparison. And the fact that the home owners don't have to have the winning design in their house. Now $10,000 isn't enough to do a complete kitchen makeover or a MAJOR project, but it sure in heck would help. I'd love quartz countertops in my kitchen. And a gas stove!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3167026;
    Unfortunately, shoepie, I was not kidding about the sparkling lilac.

Good point on the timeframe. Reality tv is soooo real.

I kind of like the show, though. I do like the side-by-side comparison. And the fact that the home owners don't have to have the winning design in their house. Now $10,000 isn't enough to do a complete kitchen makeover or a MAJOR project, but it sure in heck would help. I'd love quartz countertops in my kitchen. And a gas stove!

I didn't see the sparkling lilac but I have seen enough. I just watched the few I had on Tivo and I don't like 24 Hour Design. One day is not enough and it smacks of Trading Spaces cheap tricks with a spin.

The Asian bedroom was not bad but the others were strange. The livingroom- blue gray walls, brow accent wall, red wall unit with red accents on the coffee table left me wondering. What is up with this designer?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3167132;
    I didn't see the sparkling lilac but I have seen enough. I just watched the few I had on Tivo and I don't like 24 Hour Design. One day is not enough and it smacks of Trading Spaces cheap tricks with a spin.

The Asian bedroom was not bad but the others were strange. The livingroom- blue gray walls, brow accent wall, red wall unit with red accents on the coffee table left me wondering. What is up with this designer?
    I watched a bit and you are right, it is more like TS. Does'nt do it for me. Neither does Miles of Style with Kim, which is like Design on a Dime.

(the sparkling lilac is in my house. I REALLY need to paint those rooms)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3167638;
    I watched a bit and you are right, it is more like TS. Does'nt do it for me. Neither does Miles of Style with Kim, which is like Design on a Dime.

(the sparkling lilac is in my house. I REALLY need to paint those rooms)
    I just took if off my Tivo almost as fast as I put it on.

Candice Olsen and Debbie Travis, who I have not seen in a long time, do beautiful work. Most of the other shows have time and budget constraints that limit the final product.

Their programing is missing a show inbetween Candice and Design on a Dime.

Tonight's Summer Showdown has David Bromstad as one of the contestants. They're doing a woman's bedroom. I don't know the name or who the other contestant is - some woman who wears high heels while working. lol
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

That's Constance Ramos. I caught the earlier airing of it but fell asleep before I found out who won. Now that I'm up, I'll try to catch the rerun.
    CYA

Kim Fields formerly known as Tootie on the Fact of Life is a judge on the summer Showdown this week. I don't get as to how she gets to be a judge?
    I was surprised that they picked David's bedroom over Constance's. Kim said that Constance's room was boring, but I know I lot of people would love it as it was relaxing, had very interesting textures, and was sophisticated. I guess that is not what the owner wanted? On the other hand I love how creative David's headboard was. To me it was a toss up.

I also watched Property Virgins and the wife, Virginie really annoyed me. Why do these virgins think buying a house in the city, near to everything, completely renovated with their dream wish list would be easy or cheap. Come on they are looking at houses that are 80 to 100 yrs old. They have crappy low ceiled basements not swank media rooms. Please limited the comments of the owners taste yours is properly just as bad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

^ I started watching Property Virgins but the wife was getting on my last nerve. You're so right about the high expectations about these "virgins."

I was surprised David's room won. I didn't like it for my bedroom, although for a guest room I guess it would be okay. Constance's room was very relaxing and set a nice mood for sleep. David's room was way too severe for what the customer wanted. Constance was acting very immature tonight. What a loon. Her carpenter, on the other hand, is quite yummy.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread