+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Brother vs Brother episode 2

Team Jonathan wins yeah.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Really still liking Fixer Upper. I am amazing how much a dollar gets you in Texas. I also like how Joanna does not automatically gut a kitchen or bath, that she will reuse kitchen cabinets, that she will tell the clients that they only have enough to do this and this and that other renovations have to be done in phase 2 or phase 3. I am not a big fan of the distressed look that Joanna likes so much and I notice when she had a doctor client who also didn't like it she did adapt to the clients taste and not impose hers. I do think the best part of the show is the relationship between Chip and Joanna and I also like how respectful they are of their clients.

When you compare how the clients on this show act to the pouting and demanding clients on House Hunters and Love It or List it you must think they are from different universes.

HGTV has a little marathon of Sarah Richardson's Summer House ... I wish we could see more of her ... the series holds up well as do her designs. Luv her relationship with Tommy. I also like how they show her dealing with the contractors and show that a designer really does need to know and understand how to build a house.
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Really still liking Fixer Upper. I am amazing how much a dollar gets you in Texas. I also like how Joanna does not automatically gut a kitchen or bath, that she will reuse kitchen cabinets, that she will tell the clients that they only have enough to do this and this and that other renovations have to be done in phase 2 or phase 3. I am not a big fan of the distressed look that Joanna likes so much and I notice when she had a doctor client who also didn't like it she did adapt to the clients taste and not impose hers. I do think the best part of the show is the relationship between Chip and Joanna and I also like how respectful they are of their clients.

When you compare how the clients on this show act to the pouting and demanding clients on House Hunters and Love It or List it you must think they are from different universes.
    I saw this for the first time yesterday. I was also impressed with them reusing some things, like repainting perfectly good kitchen cabinets, but getting new countertops. It's a refreshing change. I'll definitely watch this show again.
    mushybrain and sparklete like this.

I saw one episode, but I don't like the distressed look either. I am all for saving what can be saved though. God forbid a kitchen not have stainless appliances, granite counter tops and dark wood custom cabinets. lol
    captain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw one episode, but I don't like the distressed look either. I am all for saving what can be saved though. God forbid a kitchen not have stainless appliances, granite counter tops and dark wood custom cabinets. lol

I do prefer when Sarah Richardson gets an old piece she tends to reuse it by repainting it and by that I mean going to a professional having it primed and spray painted and lacquered somehow. She makes old brown furniture look great. She got a pair of curvy old end tables and had then repainted a robin's egg blue that made the pieces must have and that was for a kid's bedroom.

Brothers vs Brothers July 6, 2014

Rats, Jonathan lost again. Please, please let Jonathan win this season. Adi needs some time management training. I do wonder how they were able to judge Team Drew vs Team Jonathan considering Team Drew had an extra person and they were able to do more versus Team Jonathan. I figure there will be 2 two person teams next week. Is next week the finale? It is the 6th episode and the following week is the new show Flipping The Block.
    Moontat likes this.

Well it was the finale for season 2 of Brother vs Brother and Team Drew won with Melissa taking the grand prize. Really I thought the master bedroom and overall bathroom design of Team Jonathan was better. I do think that if Team Jonathan had a nicer vanity with two sinks and did a huge shower with multiple shower heads they would have won. Would have Team Jonathan have won if Adi had finished the project. I thought the value added of $39,000 vs $44,000 was off.

Well looking forward to Flipping the Block.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well it was the finale for season 2 of Brother vs Brother and Team Drew won with Melissa taking the grand prize. Really I thought the master bedroom and overall bathroom design of Team Jonathan was better. I do think that if Team Jonathan had a nicer vanity with two sinks and did a huge shower with multiple shower heads they would have won. Would have Team Jonathan have won if Adi had finished the project. I thought the value added of $39,000 vs $44,000 was off.

Well looking forward to Flipping the Block.
    I haven't watched this season but tuned in last night for the finale. I cry 'foul' on the added value of Team Drew's renovation. I much preferred the bedroom design of Team Jonathan and thought the wainscoted wall was gorgeous with a capital G! I didn't so much mind the dual vanities but thought the spacing was strange. Perhaps if they were spaced farther apart or on different walls it might have looked better. While I much prefer a walk-in large shower with a bench, I understand why Jonathan's team kept the tub and got rid of the shower. I thought it was a good idea to have two closets instead of one closet like Team Drew. As far as the design for Drew's team...well, I didn't like it at all. I disliked the bedroom wall color as well as the bedding and that leopard rug. I also didn't like the whole Zen/Asian theme of the bathroom and bedroom. While I liked the double vanity, I disliked the look of the vanity. The shower, however, was gorgeous. But again, they kept a shower and a separate tub only to have one closet. When we added a master bath, I nixed a soaker tub for a large, walk-in shower. We already had a jetted tub in the upstairs bath which we never used. However, if that were the ONLY bath in the home, I would never have gotten rid of a tub in favor of a shower. Most folks want a tub, especially if they have young children. So, I understand why Team Jonathan did what they did. Removing a tub does devalue the home's worth, imo. I was disappointed that Drew's team won. I can't say whether or not Melissa deserved to win over her partner b/c I haven't watched all season.
    Bearcata likes this.

+ Reply to Thread