+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I would like the show IF it wasn't for the loudish southern realtor. She is obnoxious and I just can't get past her.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Really enjoyed the 4 episode run of The Brian Boitano Project where he goes to Italy and buys the old family home and restores it.
    jucamer likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Really enjoyed the 4 episode run of The Brian Boitano Project where he goes to Italy and buys the old family home and restores it.
    I've only seen one of the four episodes but thoroughly enjoyed it. Laughed to myself when I saw him take those new chairs out of his suitcases....albeit new chairs that were broken down in to pieces.

How much money do you think he has put into the home?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I've only seen one of the four episodes but thoroughly enjoyed it. Laughed to myself when I saw him take those new chairs out of his suitcases....albeit new chairs that were broken down in to pieces.

How much money do you think he has put into the home?
    He breaks down the cost by episode.

He bought the house for $30,000.

He has a renovation budget of $117,000.

He spent between $8,000 to $9,000 decorating the house using a combination of old and new, using items he already had and re-purposing objects (the wine bottle chandelier).

That adds up to just under $156,000 for the entire project.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Last night's episode had me scratching my head b/c the couple's budget was $400, 000 and she showed them a done top to bottom home listing for $500,000. Yep, that is most certainly in their price range...just a tad more expensive. smh
    Doesn't that just kill you on all these house-hunting shows? The realtors invariably show the house hunters something completely outside their budget and then say "It's a little above your budget." WTH????
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I caught three of the episodes of the Boitano Project and loved it. I really liked that he kept the integrity of the structure and did his updating through decorating. I had to laugh when he talked about the modern chairs he brought with him in his suitcase. They were mid-century modern, not modern, modern.
    Allie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread