+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I agree, Nennie. I read a year or two ago that not only are the other homes filler, in at least one case they used friends' homes. The couple on that epi said they felt so bad saying negative things when their friends were doing them a favor letting their homes be used. It pretty much ruined the show for me. If I watch now it is to see what changes they make to the home they choose after moving in.

Has anyone watched the show they have on now that follows up on the home owners? I saw an update show a year or so ago where the buyer felt huge remorse for the choice he made. He went for getting more house for the money farther out as opposed to a close in location with more to do. As a young, active single guy, it was the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I agree, Nennie. I read a year or two ago that not only are the other homes filler, in at least one case they used friends' homes. The couple on that epi said they felt so bad saying negative things when their friends were doing them a favor letting their homes be used. It pretty much ruined the show for me. If I watch now it is to see what changes they make to the home they choose after moving in.

Has anyone watched the show they have on now that follows up on the home owners? I saw an update show a year or so ago where the buyer felt huge remorse for the choice he made. He went for getting more house for the money farther out as opposed to a close in location with more to do. As a young, active single guy, it was the wrong decision.
    I have watched that show and a lot of them regret buying the one they did. A lot of places where they do the show is so expensive that most of them can only afford a fixer upper and if they don't know what they are doing it can run into tons more money that what they had to spend. I used to faithfully watch House Hunters but it has become so routine that I have lost interest.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I read an interview with the two guys ( Property Brothers??) that made me laugh. They said that you could do a drinking game with some of the home buyer shows. Everytime somebody said "stainless" or "granite", take a drink and you wouldn't last the whole show sober. That is so true.......some of these buyers are so boring in that they just want the buzz words.
    Another one is "open concept" or "hardwood floors".

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Another one is "open concept" or "hardwood floors".
    or the 'must have' dual sinks in the en suite bath. Geez, what a hardship to share one sink. That one in particular drives my hubby nuts. He's the son of a plumber and he said the correct terminology is "basin" for a bathroom, as a sink refers to the kitchen.

I wonder when the bowl type basins will go out of style and when people see them in a house they will moan that they are so dated. lol
    Miss_Griss and nanarama like this.

Debb, I couldn't agree more. One of my sons-in-law has an interior design degree and everything in their house has to be the latest fad. He even took the hearth and brick facing off the fireplace to convert it to stone. Okayyyyy, but my thing is, in the many years I've lived I've seen so many fads come and go. I followed trends when I was younger, but now I prefer to go for classic things that don't say, "Oh, you bought this in the early 2000's" (or 1980's or whatever.) To each his own, but history shows that these things WILL go out of favor and then you're stuck with something expensive to change. (And this is speaking as someone who loves the look of most vessel sinks and would really like it but I don't want something I'd have to pay to change in a few years.)

Though the most important thing is to go with what you really love as long as you're not worried about re-sale or can afford to change it to something more generic if you are worried or trends change.
    Debb70 likes this.

I just read an article about a young man my daughter went to school with all 12 years doing a pilot for an HGTV show for next year. I hope he gets it he is so talented and he worked for Charles Faudree. I can remember when I volunteered to help her class in reading he was in it and I would be coming down the hall and he would holler Nennie.

Designer promotes work, hometown for possible TV show - CowetaAmerican.com: News

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Very cool, nennie. Please let us know if his show does get picked up. I am a faithful HGTV viewer but don't want to miss it if it does air.

Is anyone entering the HGTV dream house sweepstakes? The contest is currently on. I enter every year. 2014's dream home is located near Lake Tahoe. If you are lucky enough to win the prize but don't want the house, you can take the $750, 000 cash equivalent. Gee, wouldn't that be nice?!
    Cornholio likes this.

I never enter. I will let you know if he gets picked up. He is a super nice young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Very cool, nennie. Please let us know if his show does get picked up. I am a faithful HGTV viewer but don't want to miss it if it does air.

Is anyone entering the HGTV dream house sweepstakes? The contest is currently on. I enter every year. 2014's dream home is located near Lake Tahoe. If you are lucky enough to win the prize but don't want the house, you can take the $750, 000 cash equivalent. Gee, wouldn't that be nice?!
    If you enter do they use your email address to send you dozens of emails about the network?

+ Reply to Thread