+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Flip or flop has grown on me. I watched a few episodes during one of their many marathons of the show. I first thought Tareq was an idiot after the stunt with trying to fill in the pool with rubble to save money, but he has grown on me, even though it makes me glad he does very little of the work. I wish they would do updates on some of the unsuccessful flips--I remember a couple houses where they had about $600K each tied up in it due to a sale falling through. It would be interesting to know if they sold them. Also, it has been a long time since I have bought a house, but is it customary to include all appliances except a refrigerator? That struck me as a little odd to not just buy them all if they are being included.

Oh yes, I like Flip or Flop. I would like to see more episodes. The existing ones have been played too much. I hope that the husband is okay. I think it's upthread about him having thyroid cancer. I haven't heard an update, but he may have had to be out of work due to treatments. If anyone finds out, please post. I'm sure that was a real scare for his family.

I am addicted to Hawaii Life! Love to live vicariously through the buyers and pretend I'm choosing which house in Hawaii to buy. So much fun.
    law638 likes this.

I am addicted to property brothers. You know they have instructions to say something good about all the properties. And i love Love It or List it even though I know they already know what they are going to do.
    You can do it!

GREAT NEWS! Rehab Addict is coming on with new episodes in Jan! I've been seeing the host announce it on the air. I hope they made more than a handful of episodes. Her shows are so good, IMO. It's real stuff you can use and not some fake stuff.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    GREAT NEWS! Rehab Addict is coming on with new episodes in Jan! I've been seeing the host announce it on the air. I hope they made more than a handful of episodes. Her shows are so good, IMO. It's real stuff you can use and not some fake stuff.
    Does she always rehab older houses and restore them back that era? I caught a couple of her shows last year and that is what I saw. Since that isn't my taste I did not tune in to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Does she always rehab older houses and restore them back that era? I caught a couple of her shows last year and that is what I saw. Since that isn't my taste I did not tune in to see more.
    Yes, that's her. Her name is Nicole Curtis. Her parents and son are sometimes on the show too, as well has her friends.

I have no desire to restore an older home for myself, but I enjoy watching her do it. And if you were flipping an older home, it's good to know how to do it on a budget and keeping the integrity of the home intact. Plus, I think you can use many of her ideas on homes of any age.

My nephew is getting ready to buy a house that needs a lot of work. I'm hoping to get some tips from her show as we intend to chip in and help him.

For people on a showstring budget, she offers some good ideas. She uses so many things and rarely throws anything out. She gets things from trash dumps, second hand stores, etc. and reinvents them and normally ends up with a charming house.

She also has learned how to do many things herself. She says she paid people to do things and then watched them carefully, so she offers good advice on refinishing floors, painting, installing windows, etc.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks Debb.

FORT Fogey

I read an interview with the two guys ( Property Brothers??) that made me laugh. They said that you could do a drinking game with some of the home buyer shows. Everytime somebody said "stainless" or "granite", take a drink and you wouldn't last the whole show sober. That is so true.......some of these buyers are so boring in that they just want the buzz words.
    tinderbox and nanarama like this.

I read somewhere that on House Hunters they already have the house picked out they want and the other 2 are fillers for the show. Wonder how much of it is scripted. What drives me nuts is when the husband or wife will make a comment the other one repeats it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread