+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: HGTV Shows

Wow, this is crazy. Host Tarek of Flip or Flop is battling thyroid cancer. A registered nurse who was a fan of the show noticed that Tarek had a large nodule on his neck and wrote to the production company that she felt he should have it checked out. When Tarek learned of this, he knew something was up b/c the lump was getting larger and he was having trouble swallowing. He had visited a doctor before who told him it was nothing. WTH? So, fortunately he got a second opinion. They removed the whole thyroid and he had to undergo radioactive iodine therapy. The doctors are fairly confident that the cancer did not spread past his neck. Best wishes and a complete recovery to Tarek. 'Flip or Flop' Host Tarek El Moussa Battling Thyroid Cancer : People.com
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Wow, this is crazy. Host Tarek of Flip or Flop is battling thyroid cancer. A registered nurse who was a fan of the show noticed that Tarek had a large nodule on his neck and wrote to the production company that she felt he should have it checked out. When Tarek learned of this, he knew something was up b/c the lump was getting larger and he was having trouble swallowing. He had visited a doctor before who told him it was nothing. WTH? So, fortunately he got a second opinion. They removed the whole thyroid and he had to undergo radioactive iodine therapy. The doctors are fairly confident that the cancer did not spread past his neck. Best wishes and a complete recovery to Tarek. 'Flip or Flop' Host Tarek El Moussa Battling Thyroid Cancer : People.com
    Wow, a viewer probably saved his life. That is amazing.

That's an amazing story about Tarek. I really like the show he has with his wife.

My mom had thyroid nodules about a year ago and I did a lot of research on them. Most of the time, this kind of condition is highly treatable, even if it is cancer. I wish him a full recovery.

They have some very perceptive fans.

New Property Brothers tonight.

New season of Income Property around Sept 24 or 35.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Last Saturday was a morning/early afternoon run of NEW Candice Olsen shows. That was probably it for the year. Also, every once in awhile on a weekday morning, a new show from David's new season pops up. That show seems rushed and tired this time around, but its inexcusable how the network is slotting favorite design shows in horrible time slots and hyping the real estate shows in prime time. My opinion, of course, but I do miss the design centric HGTV of old.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Tarek from Flip or Flop was on THe Doctors with his wife yesterday. They brought the nurse/fan who warned him to get his problem checked out on the stage to meet for the first time. It was very touching. I bet this story may have saved some lives. Tareck is still in treatment and won't know how it's going until next week after more tests. The guy looks scared.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

More Candice Olsen NEW shows marathon on Saturday afternoon 9-14 if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-14-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Liked that on Income Property Scott schooled the one client that you shouldn't skimp on materials in a rental. Better quality materials mean lower maintenance costs because good quality materials last longer and hold up better and just plain last longer. Renters also tend to take better care of their place if it is looks nice and they will pay more in rent for a nice place so its a win, win, win for the property owner.
    mushybrain likes this.

I really like Income Property and Scott McG. Scott always seems to find a way to stay on budget even when he encounters unexpected problems. (Or at least the show makes it appear that way.) I have grown very tired of the Love It or List It formula of "Oh no, Eddie/Fergus, are you saying we need to fix/repair/replace/move/remove/remediate this??? We don't have the budget for that! This means I have to take something off my list!" Ugh. Just ONCE I would like to see Hilary be able to do everything she says she is going to do.
    march and Shoepie like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I really like Income Property and Scott McG. Scott always seems to find a way to stay on budget even when he encounters unexpected problems. (Or at least the show makes it appear that way.) I have grown very tired of the Love It or List It formula of "Oh no, Eddie/Fergus, are you saying we need to fix/repair/replace/move/remove/remediate this??? We don't have the budget for that! This means I have to take something off my list!" Ugh. Just ONCE I would like to see Hilary be able to do everything she says she is going to do.
    For once I would like to see an owner of one of these 100 yr old homes realize that once you start renovating you find stuff instead of expecting a miracle on very little money.
    march, Shoepie and nennie like this.

+ Reply to Thread