+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Finished watching the Brother vs Brother finale and was thinking that this show is tons way better than HGTV's Design Star and any of the designers on that show.
    I like David Bromsted, Vern and Candice Olsen, but I detest the Design Star show. Other than the first year, where David won, it has been very annoying, IMO. The year that Meg won, was the final straw. IMO, they have unqualified contestants. I could do as well as most of them. IMO, they should be embarassed. I feel for David, Vern and Candice that they have to associated with this show, but I guess they are bound by contract.
    Shoepie likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Finished watching the Brother vs Brother finale and was thinking that this show is tons way better than HGTV's Design Star and any of the designers on that show.
    Bearcata, I missed it. Can you fill me in on what happened and who was the ultimate winner? Jonathan's team was down to only one person, Torch, so it was interesting to me that the promos showed them pitting the two teams as male vs female. I guess they could not compete as 3 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Bearcata, I missed it. Can you fill me in on what happened and who was the ultimate winner? Jonathan's team was down to only one person, Torch, so it was interesting to me that the promos showed them pitting the two teams as male vs female. I guess they could not compete as 3 vs 1.
    They made the teams even by making it the girls against the guys. Drew's team won and it was the short guy with the mustache. They really stepped up the creativity. They had mirror image floor plans to work with . I think though the one house has a tad more wall wall space so the kitchen had more cabinets but is was mustache guys redoing the living room that won. You should be able to watch the show On Demand if you have Comcast or probably see the full episode on the HGTV website.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I only saw the last 2-3 shows but really liked that show. I like the regular "Brother" show, too.

I started posting the other night, saw a comment from another member about the unrealistic expectations of some of the house hunters...my daughter was visiting a weekend or so ago, and we sat like Mystery Science Theater 2000 and snarked at the laundry lists and entitlement on some of these shows! Especially embarrassing when they're in foreign countries and acting like nothing's good enough. But my favorite is, "Love it or List it." The poor remodeler lady gets stuck with these huge, structural and code issues...the people would NEVER be able to sell their home if she didn't go in and fix these things (plumbing, foundation, 2nd floor about ready to collapse...) but they whine and complain about not getting their 4th powder room or some such. Her budget should be for remodeling only, not critical deficiencies!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

That ALWAYS ticks me off. Along with the fact that they set out a budget for the new house and 9 times out of 10 the final house David takes them to is over the budget. I always like it when they choose to stay - sort of like Hilary played by the rules and David didn't, so Hilary should win!!
    MsDiva2007, nanarama and wannasee like this.

Hmph...David relies on the added value from Hilary's make-overs, is what it is. They'd not be close to having the budget if not for her fixing all those issues! ;-)
    Shoepie, nanarama and KatesMom like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I like David Bromsted, Vern and Candice Olsen, but I detest the Design Star show. Other than the first year, where David won, it has been very annoying, IMO. The year that Meg won, was the final straw. IMO, they have unqualified contestants. I could do as well as most of them. IMO, they should be embarassed. I feel for David, Vern and Candice that they have to associated with this show, but I guess they are bound by contract.
    I agree. The first season was excellent. If memory serves, the challenges were better. Something is way off. Their time is too short an the budget too low for us to really see what they can do. At least they give them a carpenter now and one time a painter. They should get both for all challenges. Real life interior designers do not do the labor, they design the space and purchase the goods.

FORT Fogey

I am so tired of the time crunch all these shows have. Do they think we like that? I loved the show Painted House with Debbie Travis. I wish she was still on the air.
    Kip likes this.

I can't stand the Love It or List show. I love David Bromsted, Sarah Richardson and Candice Olsen. I watch Property Brothers sometimes and like what they do. No one outside of David Bromsted has even been memorable from Design Star that I remember.
    Shoepie likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am so tired of the time crunch all these shows have. Do they think we like that? I loved the show Painted House with Debbie Travis. I wish she was still on the air.
    I never saw Painted House, but I loved Debbie Travis's Facelift (the show where they would surprise someone's family member with a room makeover).

I preferred a lot of the old HGTV shows to the ones that air now. Another show I liked was Colour Confidential. The homeowner couple would choose a wall color (after the host told them what effect different colors would have on the room). The room would be painted that color. Then the host would give them different options for colors of flooring, explaining what effect those colors would have with the walls. Then they'd pick furniture colors, etc.

+ Reply to Thread