+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

So far, I'll watch anything with Drew and Jonathon (Sorry, Harmony, it's the Scott Brothers, Drew is one of them). But mushybrain is right on the money about the time contraints. Obviously, you have to have SOME time constraints, but they always seem to set them way too low.

The fluorescent green kitchen (the Greek dancer's idea, I've forgotten his name already): I wonder if the show will repaint if the owners didn't like it? Although, of all the things they could be dissatisfied with, that would be the easiest fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    So far, I'll watch anything with Drew and Jonathon (Sorry, Harmony, it's the Scott Brothers, Drew is one of them).
    LOL, I knew that!!!

I have no idea why I typed Drew, I was actually responding in two different forums at once while watching the repeat of Brother Vs. Brother. I clearly was not paying attention, lol.

I think they are very good looking but there is something really odd about their mouths. The way they form their words, I stare at their mouths in fascination trying to figure out what's so odd about them.
    Shoepie and navybelle like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I am also annoyed by House Hunter's International hunters with unrealistic expectations. It makes me wish I were Canadian or something because they give Americans a bad name. I just watched a rerun where a lady wanted a spacious one bedroom apartment in a trendy neighborhood in central Paris without wanting to do much renovation for only 500,000. You wouldn't have to do much research to know you can't get a move in ready spacious one bedroom with an American size kitchen in the center of Paris for that kind of money, and this lady had been a renter in Paris for 5 years!

I liked Brother vs Brother, but I really like Drew and Jonathan. The right person went home. It was stupid she was looking for decorations while everyone was working and tearing things apart. Then she tackled the sun room and still made it a boring empty space. She really knew how to get out of doing anything. The next two I want gone are Mr. Peel n' Stick tile and the guy who painted the kitchen bright green who had a way too high of an opinion about himself. I agree about the mouths of the brothers. I keep thinking maybe a trip to a dentist might fix it, but I am not sure. I think they are good looking otherwise. I would go for Jonathan if he got rid of his stupid haircut.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 07-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Second episode of Brother vs Brother. I wish the Greek would understand that the show is not about him but the homeowners.

Avocado green and harvest gold were popular during the 70's we don't have to revisit the era that accurately. And no I haven't seen any avocado green brick fireplaces and really didn't need to see it on air either.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL, I knew that!!!

I have no idea why I typed Drew, I was actually responding in two different forums at once while watching the repeat of Brother Vs. Brother. I clearly was not paying attention, lol.

I think they are very good looking but there is something really odd about their mouths. The way they form their words, I stare at their mouths in fascination trying to figure out what's so odd about them.
    Now I am going to look for that. Thanks for the heads up. I like stuff like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I was really disappointed with Brother vs. Brother. I guess I'm just not very interested in watching yet another show where time constraints force the competitors to
    put out crappy-assed or unfinished looking work (although the kitchen from Drew's team really did look beautiful). If I want to see unfinished looking work, I can look at some of my own DIY projects!

I want to see good quality work and finishes on budgets that don't break the bank. That's why I really enjoy Income Property.
    I agree. The rush to finish on time is a gimmick used in many shows including food, decor, and renovation. It is exhausting to watch. And the shoddy workmanship on this show is worse than anything I have seen anywhere. They don't have to show it either. I am glad they do, however.

It illustrates that projects cannot be completed this quickly, which is good. Johnathan mentions that his crew will fix the problems. I dont know how a crew could fix that wallpaper without removing it and starting over. Some of it didn't reach the baseboard. Replace them, I guess.

I like the brothers and will continue to watch. The flaws are not enough for me to abandon it. I like Property Brothers and the workmanship there is excellent as far as we are shown.

I watched parts of Brother vs. Brother yesterday. When they said the teams had two days to complete the project, they lost me. I don't care for rushed projects and where the home will suffer from people rushing to get work completed. It's just annoying to me. Two days is time to paint one room with care. All they have to do was just ridiculous to me.

I like the people okay, but I'm really tired of Property Brothers and Love It or List It. How many times can they possibly run those shows. I'm done with them. I'd like something new and Brother vs. Brother is not a good addition, IMO.

The challenge was called Weekend Warrior. People do tackle projects over a weekend. I didn't have a problem with the time crunch because they were not supposed to tackle so many things. Even one of the brothers mentioned that they were trying to do too much. They should have chosen one project and done an excellent job on it.

I did notice something and I forget which brother had which team:

Last week - the brother sent home the person who did the least amount of work, this would coincide with what a general contractor would be looking for in a contestant.

This week - the brother sent home the person who added the least amount of value to the home, that would coincide with what a real estate agent would be looking for in a contestant.

Now that we have it established how they will be selecting the bottom? How long till people start playing the game? Will they all fight to be the one to do the kitchen since it always brings the highest added value? Will they all fight to be seen as the one doing the most work?

I think it will be interesting to see how the game play changes as strategy starts to play more into it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Episode 3 - looks as if it will be a two parter. One person from each team eliminated tonight. Thought it was obvious the organizer was going when she didn't work on her laundry space. Glad to see both teams have 4 days and help from Drew and Jonathan's crews.

Did anyone else think it kinda odd that the brothers basically dictated what rooms each of the crews would work on?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Has anybody caught Candy Spelling and Beyond Spelling Manor? It has been on 2-3 episodes sunday nights. Remember that she sold the big mansion for like $85 million and bought raw space in a LA high rise that she has worked on for quite a while. Last night, the Millon Dollar NY fans would have enjoyed the show since she also decided to buy an apartment in NYC for her vistis there and we saw 4 spectacular apartments ( with no drama).

+ Reply to Thread