+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I don't know much about HOA's, except for people who have had trouble with them. I just saw some good suggestions on that thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I haven't seen the one with the twins. I'll keep my eyes open though.

Whenever I see hunters who are hung up on a big yard, I wonder if they really know what that means. Either you will be devoting weekly time to yard care or you must hire a person to do the yard work. I don't think they understand how fast grass and weeks can grow. lol
    Yeah, but if you have kids or dogs, it sure is nice to have a place where they can romp. And mowing isn't that bad....we do it once a week. Plus I have room for a veggie garden, a clothes line and a picnic table. Its nice ti have that space.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really feel the need to vent. HGTV can do that do you. lol

Don't any of the house hunters from House Hunter International ever watch this show? Don't they even go online and research what the housing is like in other countries? Really? They don't seem to have a clue about housing in other parts of the world. They think that $1.500.00 per month should get them a great, spacious place in Paris that's near everything.

They tell the realtor they want a place with Eurpean flare. They want something with "character and charm." They want to live like those do in that area. But, they really don't. They don't realize that these quaint houses have odd layouts, small bathrooms, and few if any closets. So when they see what they ask for, they turn up their nose. lol

Then you have the hunter who turns their nose up because the house in the small French or Italian village doesn't look like their own place in the US. They keep saying it's so different or they are not used to that. Well, OF COURSE it's different. Why would you want to live in a house in Europe that that looks like a sprawling ranch in Texas? It's so annoying.

Yesterday they had a couple from the US looking at places in St. Kitt, a place with beautiful scenery, water, weather, etc. They were appauled that the washer/dryer unit was in the kitchen. Like it was a deal breaker. Really? Who's so picky? IMO, that's not that big of a deal. OH, they were also renting on low budget, wanting a great view and study space for the girl who was a student.

Apparently, the house hunters on these shows have very high standards. Most all the rooms they see are too small for them. They must all have modern appliances, bathroom fixtures and cabinets. I find that difficult to believe.

I suggest that house hunters locate some more realistic subjects. It would make the show more interesting to see real people who have realistic expectations.
    Debb, I know what you are saying. I learned long ago to tune the people out. I just watch those shows to see the houses - especially HHI because I honestly have no idea what your money will buy you in other countries, so it is fascinating to me to see/learn.

I'm amazed at the countries that some hunters are going to relocate. These countries are well known for being dangerous, especially for Americans who are held captive for ransom. They seem perfectly fine to pick a house in a secluded area where they are miles from another house.

Just watched Brother vs Brother On Demand and it is good way better than HGTV Star.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

When does HGTV Star air? I can never seem to find it!

Also, does anyone know what Carter Osterhouse (sp?) is doing these days?
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-21-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: found answers to questions I asked

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    When does HGTV Star air? I can never seem to find it!

Also, does anyone know what Carter Osterhouse (sp?) is doing these days?
    Sunday's at 8pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Jexter,

You can catch up with Carter here: Carter Oosterhouse

I was really disappointed with Brother vs. Brother. I guess I'm just not very interested in watching yet another show where time constraints force the competitors to
    put out crappy-assed or unfinished looking work (although the kitchen from Drew's team really did look beautiful). If I want to see unfinished looking work, I can look at some of my own DIY projects!

I want to see good quality work and finishes on budgets that don't break the bank. That's why I really enjoy Income Property.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I'm watching the old HHI with the engaged couple moving to Croatia and I rolled my eyes so much that I was afraid I'd have permanent damage. They wanted something nice and new with plenty of room to entertain and a view for.....$500 a month! I couldn't believe it and neither could their realtor. It was pretty funny, actually. The comments about not having enough room for all those parties and guests they were going to entertain.

I liked the Brother V. Brother show, then again I like the Drew Brothers. I thought it was fun and I thought the right person went home. What a flake that woman was, flighting about and clearly afraid of getting dirty.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread