+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

It is odd that everyone wants granite and an open floor plan. My dining room and living room are pretty open and I like that, but my kitchen is secluded and I prefer it that way. I don't have a dish washer and I refuse to jack up my water bill to do a couple of dishes at a time. I wait until I have a full sink. I love that when someone stops by, they don't see that sink

When we remodeled our kitchen, our cabinets were old but in great shape. We painted them and slapped on new hardware and they turned out beautifully. We also splurged and bought a granite sink. Huge mistake. We were told it would never stain or crack. It's done both. We are going to replace it soon because it's just gross. We've scrubbed and scrubbed and even tried bleach...nothing gets the stains out.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I love an open concept. Love It when I cook, I can join in all the chatter. The family seems to gravitate to the kitchen area anyway. I did away with a formal dining room. they are so antiquated. Unless you have big space but we had that and never used it

I also love a fireplace, electric and not those horrible logs but glass beads - it look sensational, they are just catching onto this now on some shows..The granite we have I chose and I wouldn't be without it, it hides a multitude of sins and spills
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love my open floor plan. I feel closed in in chopped up rooms. However I've liked that my whole life, long before it was a trend. OTOH I don't have granite, stainless appliances (hate to clean those), huge walk-in closets or even an en-suite which appear to be requisites. We don't have what these silly people on HH seem to want. What we do have is a home where we live happily and are not house poor.

I agree with many of you about ripping out perfectly good cabinets. A lot of times they could just do with some revamping. I don't understand this desire to have exactly what all their friends and neighbors have - to cookie cutter houses with the same floor plans and insides. What happened to individuality? I much prefer older neighborhoods where the houses have a personality. If ever I should win the lottery it's a sure bet we won't be moving to McMansion Blvd.

I'm loving Rehab Addict. This girl is the best thing to happen since Holmes. She's funny, without trying and knows how to get the job done. I can't say how impressed I am with her. I hope big things are in store for her. Right now, there is no one I had rather see do renovations. SHe also is a master at refurbishing furniture, floors, door casings, windows, etc. She can turn anything into something to use for a house without it looking tacky. It's amazing. Her parents join in to with picking over items left in abandoned homes.
    dzigner likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm loving Rehab Addict. This girl is the best thing to happen since Holmes. She's funny, without trying and knows how to get the job done. I can't say how impressed I am with her. I hope big things are in store for her. Right now, there is no one I had rather see do renovations. SHe also is a master at refurbishing furniture, floors, door casings, windows, etc. She can turn anything into something to use for a house without it looking tacky. It's amazing. Her parents join in to with picking over items left in abandoned homes.
    Nicole really is something, isn't she, Debb? Pint-sized dynamo. She's so multi-talented.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Nicole really is something, isn't she, Debb? Pint-sized dynamo. She's so multi-talented.
    I'm not easily impressed either. LOL

I think I'm somewhere in the middle -maybe a modified open floor plan? lol
    My brother and his wife have a completely open floorplan - oh the noise. You have to go down to the finished basement to escape. Not my style I found out.

I finally caught some episodes of Rehab Addict and count me in as a FAN! She is wonderful - exactly what all the other shows should be focusing on - reuse and repurpose, or at least - donate!
    And yes! she is funny!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Have any of you seen the new show called Flip or Flop? It'a about a married couple who are flipping houses in CA. It's pretty good. It's not as fake as a lot of those shows can be. And if they are being honest with their numbers, those people are earning a nice penny!

They often get investors to front them the money and then they buy at auctions or short sales. Most have surprises, but they end up selling most in 20-45 days and get profits, after their investment is paid, of between $45,000.-60,000.00 That's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Have any of you seen the new show called Flip or Flop? It'a about a married couple who are flipping houses in CA. It's pretty good. It's not as fake as a lot of those shows can be. And if they are being honest with their numbers, those people are earning a nice penny!

They often get investors to front them the money and then they buy at auctions or short sales. Most have surprises, but they end up selling most in 20-45 days and get profits, after their investment is paid, of between $45,000.-60,000.00 That's pretty good.
    I haven't seen it yet ... but I'll make it a point to watch or DVR.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Tonight was the premiere of the summer show, Renovation Raiders. I have it on DVR to watch tomorrow.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread