+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

One of my guilty pleasures is to look at homes for sale in my home town (I don't currently live there, but hope to move back in a few years). It kills me when these gorgeous 1920-40's homes have these horrible kitchens from the 80's or 90's. You just know some couple came in and ripped out all the old beautiful cabinetry and tile. Every once in awhile you see one that has been correctly restored and updated. It can be done, but most don't have the imagination or desire.

There's a commercial on for Lowe's right now showing a young couple demolishing a kitchen. Irritates me every time. How much better had it been if they had shown them donating the old stuff and then buying new at Lowes?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

To the Point

I always wonder whether their "budget" is what the bank says they can borrow, or what they are allowing themselves. If we had gone with the budget that the bank gave us we would have been in big trouble when we experienced layoffs, etc. I am really hoping that these folks don't fall into the category of "the bank says we can, so we can", and I really cringe when they allow the real estate person to talk them into something beyond the budget they've stated.

Maybe the tv directors tell these people to make the comments about how terrible being dated is or how it's unacceptable to have mismatching colors in your appliances. In real life, I know that the people I know aren't so picky. Even people who have really good incomes, wait for years to get a dream kitchen.

I have been watching Rehab Addict and just set my DVR to record two more episodes. I like her a lot.

I have a pet peeve when it comes to this shows. I hate things that are done on tv that have been done a MILLION times. They do things just because they think it will impress someone, but in fact it is so annoying. I hate those demolition scenes. They swing the hammer and knock holes in the wall, break the glass, etc. while they scream, moan, and act like a crazy person. HOW many times must we endure those scenes. I just can't take it anymore. lol
    Gala62 and Dragonlady like this.

Personally I like seeing how you can completely gut an entire bathroom or kitchen in a single weekend by just 1 or 2 people and finished
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I just watched an episode of Cousins On Call where they put a soaker tub in the master bedroom. Not the master bathroom (which they remodeled) but in the actual bedroom. So weird. I wouldn't like that at all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have a pet peeve when it comes to this shows. I hate things that are done on tv that have been done a MILLION times. They do things just because they think it will impress someone, but in fact it is so annoying. I hate those demolition scenes. They swing the hammer and knock holes in the wall, break the glass, etc. while they scream, moan, and act like a crazy person. HOW many times must we endure those scenes. I just can't take it anymore. lol
    That may be another reason people don't recycle cabinets. The producers think people like watching the demo.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    That may be another reason people don't recycle cabinets. The producers think people like watching the demo.
    I'm so very tired of all these producers of reality (?) shows that think they know what we want because I'm usually turned off by all the drama they supply these shows with.
    And I also thing the home-buyers are told to be very picky and outspoken about what they don't like.......but somethings are really strange, like the woman who could't have a shower curtain in her house....all showers had to have doors or she wasn't buying it! Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm so very tired of all these producers of reality (?) shows that think they know what we want because I'm usually turned off by all the drama they supply these shows with.
    And I also thing the home-buyers are told to be very picky and outspoken about what they don't like.......but somethings are really strange, like the woman who could't have a shower curtain in her house....all showers had to have doors or she wasn't buying it! Sheesh!
    I have a friend who is a germaphobe and she is squeaked out by shower curtains. Her thing is the fact that someone else's body filth is on the curtain and she redid her bathroom for a shower, it happens.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm loving the Rehab Addict. I watched some more of her last night. She was doing her best friend's bathroom. The other show she worked on a house she bought for a dollar!!!!! What I like about her is that she doesn't include all that BS. She doesn't try too hard to be funny or freak out about how she only had so many hours to get a project done. (So overdone) She's handy as can be. She says she learned how to do so much from hiring people to do it and then watching them as they did it. Now many things she can do for herself.
    waywyrd and dzigner like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

This irritates me on real estate shows. Buyers love granite, buyers love fireplaces. Since when does everyone who decided to buy a house all of a sudden squeeze into this pigeon hole! I hate fireplaces. They dictate how to arrange the furniture and you end up with you TV way too high above it. TVs are to be eye level when seated. And if they are wood burning you have to allow the fire to go out so you can shut the flue, so your gas/oil/electric heat doesn't fly out the chiminy. And I don't like granite. I prefer it to formica, of course, but love it, nope.

+ Reply to Thread