+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Does anyone know when the new Love It or List It, Vancouver airs? The lead is Jillian Harris, from The Bachelorette show. I'm not sure if it is being aired in the U.S.
    I think it airs on Sunday( I will check for you) .Did you try online at HGTV Canada
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think it airs on Sunday( I will check for you) .Did you try online at HGTV Canada
    No, Fanny, I didn't. Thanks for the link; I will check it out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Does anyone know when the new Love It or List It, Vancouver airs? The lead is Jillian Harris, from The Bachelorette show. I'm not sure if it is being aired in the U.S.
    Answering my own post. I checked HGTV Canada and it does not air on that channel. It airs on W network. Unfortunately, I am not able to watch any online videos here in the U.S. according to its website.

Answering my own post. I checked HGTV Canada and it does not air on that channel. It airs on W network. Unfortunately, I am not able to watch any online videos here in the U.S. according to its website.
    That's just wrong!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So are they doing new shows of the original Love it or List it, or has the Love it or List it Vancouver taken it's place?

Somehow on another thread - RHBH, the posts were becoming all about House Hunters....most of it negative about these young people with little money, usually very little experience in home buying (or life for that matter) and yet, they MUST have everything high-end. Granite, hard wood flooring, stainless steel appliances, etc etc etc.
    I know I'm old but when did things change from young people wanting to buy a first home.....first home usually meant buying something that you could afford and were lucky if some of it was nice. Most of it needed work or at the very least, paint.

Being in So Cal, buying a brand-new-just-built-house is a very rare thing and prices are extremely high so it's difficult for young people to even find somewhere to live that decent compared to those new homes that the young buyers are complaining about.
    (that's probably the longest sentence on all the threads....sorry!)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I love high end, but it has to come with time and sweat equity and looking out for the right time/sales. I bought my tiny house at 26 on what could be called a fire sale. Over the ensuing 14 years, I've gotten the granite in the kitchen, the paved driveway, the super security fence, and probably in the next 12 months I'll finally redo the bathroom. But between the purchase and now, there's been a lot of hard work put in. Hand refinishing the floors, painting, asking friends who have the equipment to mill replacement sconces (the house is closing in on 100 years old), and just keeping up with changes in the grade of the lot. But even though I might have been a newbie to home ownership at 26, I was looking for "good bones". The ceilings were all bright pink, and the walls were blah. The kitchen floor was covered with cheap stick & place vinyl tiles. But that didn't deter me, just gave me projects to accomplish...and on a budget (always on a budget, because if I don't have a discount, I feel like a rube). That's what infuriates me about House Hunters. Paint is relatively cheap. As long as the sinks and toilets work, they can be replaced later. A stainless stove doesn't work any better than a flat black or white one does. It's entirely cosmetic. They hardly ever ask about the structural problems. THAT is where serious money can come into play. Take the outdated appliances if the foundation/basement isn't cracked/leaking. Lowes/Home Depot have sales for most stuff, if you bide your time. Heck, I got a $200 sink last spring when I redid the kitchen for $85 and my new granite countertops were cheaper than synthetic because of the overstock issue due to the building turndown. These HH people are usually head slappingly stupid.
    NCLurker, Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.

Yes they drive me crazy too. Everyone has to have the trinity(hardwood,stainless steel,and granite.) I also love how now everyone wants and open concept home. Why so many people want the first thing people entering your home is all your dirty dishes and mess,lol. I also love the ones who have a beer budget and want a McMansion.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't like the look of granite and having a stainless fridge, I'll never buy it again. I'm down with the hardwood floors, though. The expectations of these people are ridiculous. They want it all and refuse to settle.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

And granite is already on its way out. You never see it in magazines or high-end designer shows. It's like the travertine tile of countertops. And as much as I like the look of chicklet-tile backsplashes now, they're going to be the popcorn ceiling of backsplashes in about 5 years.
    Shoepie, Dragonlady and JavaJo like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread