+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

They need to preach..storage, storage, storage....storage beats location any day. You will never have enough storage.
    Jexter and nennie like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    They need to preach..storage, storage, storage....storage beats location any day. You will never have enough storage.
    Nah. throw out some of your junk. You can find ways to store things properly. Kinda hard to move a whole house.
    Shoepie and Cootie like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, I thought the mantra of any real estate agent was " location, location, location." When we were house hunting we saw a mix of very modest homes with more expensive homes in a prime school district. We picked the less expensive home within our budget but it needed tons of work. Luckily, Mr. ECM is very handy. To me, it was more important to have a home in a great school district than size of house, or whether or not there was stainless, granite, an en suite bath, closet space, etc. The lot was large enough and eventually we did add on and increase the size a bit and I finally got an en suite bath. Still waiting on that granite countertop, though...
    Allie likes this.

Me, I prefer to have recycled glass counter tops.
    Shoepie, Allie and Cootie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oct 3, 2011 - Showhouse Showdown - Fresno, California - Nathan vs Christine

1. Master bedroom - ugh Christine missed the mark. I could live with the turquoise feature wall but the flowers had to go. The rest of the room felt flat and unfinished. Nathan on the other hand had layers and texture and a room that both men and women could relax in. Liked the wainscoting and the chocolate walls and his paintings. Yes the armoire was too big, did he really need the sofa by the foot of the bed. But overall his master was way better.

2. dining room - both were good, but felt that Nathan pulled it off better with the darker furniture and the feature wall of wainscoting.

3. Kitchen - liked both kitchens, but felt that the pub table in Christine's was too big in scale. Really liked the way Nathan had the island in expresso and white countertops and the other cabinets in white and dark countertops. This could be a draw.

4. family room - liked both,, just wish Nathan's had a TV.

5. bonus room - both misses, Christine's more so with the dark wallpaper, putting a dark table and chairs and dark curtains. Very unbalanced.

I think Christine uses way too much wallpaper but both designers were well matched. Nathan won.
    I didn't see this show, and I realize that it's ancient history, but I just need to brag a little bit and say that Nathan is my step-sister's son. I just caught up with her after being out of touch for a while, and she told me to get online and check out what he'd done. I wasn't able to find any video, but the pictures on the HGTV site are impressive. Go Nathan!
    Allie and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Jillian from the Bachelorette is going to be on Love it or List it in Vancouver. For the Canadians! I wish I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jillian from the Bachelorette is going to be on Love it or List it in Vancouver. For the Canadians! I wish I could see it.
    I got kind of excited but then you added Canadians. I live in the original Vancouver (Washington). :-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I got kind of excited but then you added Canadians. I live in the original Vancouver (Washington). :-)
    I should have said it may only be for the Canadians. I don't know. Sorry. Note to self: proof read posts.

It makes me crazy on the house hunter shows when the buyers focus on the paint color. Who the heck cares about the paint color? Paint is the easiest and cheapest thing in the world to change. The always moan about the color of say a kids hot pink bedroom. It's a one day $25 project to change a bedroom's paint color! Worst case scenario, 2 days and $50 if it needs to be primed.

They should be looking at location, lot (ie, don't buy if it backs up to the railroad tracks), square footage, floorplan etc. The person above got it right - worry about the things that can't be changed or fixed down the road first. Don't pass on a great location and a great house because you don't like the paint color!
    Bearcata and nanarama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I should have said it may only be for the Canadians. I don't know. Sorry. Note to self: proof read posts.
    Oh, I read it as since it was in Canada it was yay, one for the Canadians, not that you could not see it in the US! I was just excited that it may have been filmed in my neck of the woods! :-)

+ Reply to Thread