+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 954
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

  1. #511
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,548

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Going Yard I LOVED it! Chris makes Peyton work hauling sod and laying brick along with his father, brother and friends. They turned a junk yard in Cape Cod into a cozy backyard with a double deck, brick fireplace under a pergola and a child's play area with a slide and metal tube as a tunnel with sod on top. Well Done. While the first show was in Chris and Peyton's home area, I think they head to LA for future shows. He has said that they would be doing future shows back on the Cape. Both their personalities came out in the show and Chris showed his expertise as a landscape designer. This is going to be a fun show - catch it on Saturdays at 5 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  2. #512
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,548

    Re: HGTV Shows

    The second Going Yard episode took place in LA where Chris and Peyton created an English type garden in a large backyard. The teaching segment had to do with worms and composting. The three very young boys in the family thought worm poop was cool. Good show.

    Chip Wade, the contractor who has worked with John on both his shows since the beginning, has a new show call Elbow Room. It is about expanding spaces within a structure. It is very ambitious, but he did a wonderful job on the premiere episode. I guess when Curb Appeal decided to remain in the SF bay area, married Chip decided to go home to his family in GA. The first show took place in the Atlanta area.

    I'm also enjoying Meg's Great Rooms where Meg Caswell designs and Mark Bartolomeo builds. They are hysterical together and always laughing.

    BTW - Curb Appeal has a young, hunky replacement for Chip.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #513
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The second Going Yard episode took place in LA where Chris and Peyton created an English type garden in a large backyard. The teaching segment had to do with worms and composting. The three very young boys in the family thought worm poop was cool. Good show.

    Chip Wade, the contractor who has worked with John on both his shows since the beginning, has a new show call Elbow Room. It is about expanding spaces within a structure. It is very ambitious, but he did a wonderful job on the premiere episode. I guess when Curb Appeal decided to remain in the SF bay area, married Chip decided to go home to his family in GA. The first show took place in the Atlanta area.

    I'm also enjoying Meg's Great Rooms where Meg Caswell designs and Mark Bartolomeo builds. They are hysterical together and always laughing.

    BTW - Curb Appeal has a young, hunky replacement for Chip.
    Shoot! I keep forgetting to watch this. 5 pm is NOT a great viewing time for me as I am busy preparing dinner and I don't have a DVR. The old VCR is not hooked up presently... Anywho, I am confused. Peyton, Chris's wife (didn't they just get married a few weeks ago?) is on Chris's show with him? What the heck does she know about landscape design? I am going to check the schedule to see if they rerun the episodes at other times.

    I must be behind in my HGTV viewing b/c I didn't realize that Curb Appeal had relocated to San Francisco Bay area. All the shows I have ever seen have been the ones from Atlanta. I liked Chip and the lady assistant (brain freeze, can't remember her name.) Did the woman remain with the show or leave, too? Honestly, I am kind of glad for the location change as I was kind of getting tired of all the Atlanta locations. Probably after another season I will tire of the SF locale as well. Too bad John's crew can't go to different cities like HH does.

    I'm enjoying Meg's Great Rooms show, too, although I am not always so crazy about her designs. Last night's mid-century modern house in Chicago left me cold. She and Mark do have a good rapport... I have enjoyed Mark on all the various shows he has been on. Thanks for the info, arielflies.

  4. #514
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,548

    Re: HGTV Shows

    I'm with you on brain freeze, but yes, the girl has remained on the renamed Curb Appeal the Block to Curb Appeal. They were all in the Bay Area last season as well, and though the name has changed back to Curb Appeal, they still do two other renovations on the block. This show follows Going Yard at 5:30 P.M.

    Peyton works in the Lambton landscape business now (in the opening Chris says he works in the business with Peyton and his brother) and she has carried quite a load on the show. This week she wielded a shovel to transplant flowers as well as being the lead on building a play set. Both she and Chris are equal partners in the show. And each have called each other "babe," LOL They were married two weeks ago on a beach in South Carolina.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  5. #515
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: HGTV Shows

    There are new Income Property and Kitchen Cousins episodes now showing.

    BOO to Property Brothers and endless repeats.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #516
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,548

    Re: HGTV Shows

    I had to remove Kitchen Cousins tonight; I hope it repeats soon. I've rather liked them doing cross-over shows the last two episodes - from Restaurant Impossible (?) to Women Cave. They've started off their new season with a bang.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  7. #517
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    680

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Now I've been watching awhile, I have to state the obvious and mention that all of these shows seem scripted and go stale after a while. I've seen so many repeats and the formatting of the shows is just boring after too many episodes.

    I can understand the obvious limitations which partially cause this and the only answer would be constantly shooting new episodes in new areas, etc. But they would need to get rid of some of the shows' hosts as well. I can't stand to watch whatshername on PV but I love the older ones with Sandra. Income Property bores me to tears. Property Brothers are very cocky.

    I will never tire of seeing House Hunters International and people who leave their lives in the states or other pressure-filled places to go live on some beautiful island near the sea. Lol. I love to dream.

    And I have to admit to enjoying wanting to smack the crap out of some of these picky, snotty people who vow that kitchens without granite countertops and stainless appliances (or god forbid! a dated tile floor or the wrong color wood cabinets) will need to be totally gutted. I like to blow off steam by yelling at my tv now and then.

  8. #518
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post

    I will never tire of seeing House Hunters International and people who leave their lives in the states or other pressure-filled places to go live on some beautiful island near the sea. Lol. I love to dream.

    And I have to admit to enjoying wanting to smack the crap out of some of these picky, snotty people who vow that kitchens without granite countertops and stainless appliances (or god forbid! a dated tile floor or the wrong color wood cabinets) will need to be totally gutted. I like to blow off steam by yelling at my tv now and then.
    Me too! I love HHInternational, too. It's just so much fun being an armchair traveler and seeing all the sites, and various housing options in other nations.
    Allie likes this.

  9. #519
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Me too! I love HHInternational, too. It's just so much fun being an armchair traveler and seeing all the sites, and various housing options in other nations.
    I like the HHI when they are people living there, mostly natives. The ones that grate on my nerves are the rich ones who claim to want adventures and a slower pace but insist on everything they have at home and the same size or bigger even if they only use it a couple of times a year. One of my fav ones was in Hong Kong. The woman was charming and she was so thrilled she could hold her arms out and spin in a circle and not touch the walls.

  10. #520
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,436

    Re: HGTV Shows

    I agree on the granite countertops/stainless appliances. I still do not have either and honestly do not want either. My question is how in the heck some of these people qualify for such high mortgages?
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.