+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It sounds like House Hunters as the buyers usually are shown meeting somewhere to discuss the houses; sometimes a park, sometimes a coffee house, etc. It could also be Property Virgins as I believe the new show is filming in NY and surrounding areas. Cool beans about your car.

I hate the new Property Virgins - I miss Sandra Rinomato! I understand she is working on her own show in Canada - I hope a US station picks it up.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I hate the new Property Virgins - I miss Sandra Rinomato! I understand she is working on her own show in Canada - I hope a US station picks it up.
    I have not had the heart to try the new version yet. :-(

FORT Fogey

I used to like Love it or List it but the staged snarking between the hosts is tiring as is the predictable home owners getting mad at the woman for running into problems and using the budget to fix them. I took this off my DVR.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I have not had the heart to try the new version yet. :-(
    I watched the first episode with the new host. Yuck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I used to like Love it or List it but the staged snarking between the hosts is tiring as is the predictable home owners getting mad at the woman for running into problems and using the budget to fix them. I took this off my DVR.
    I think the majority of these owners are idiots. They live in 80 to 110 yr old homes and expect massive renovations for only $10,000 and then bitch about everything. While I like the show sometimes it is a bit much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think the majority of these owners are idiots. They live in 80 to 110 yr old homes and expect massive renovations for only $10,000 and then bitch about everything. While I like the show sometimes it is a bit much.
    I am sure the homeowners are informed and coached to be outraged. Rather that be grateful they found old knob and tube wiring that would set the house on fire at any minute, they complain about the loss of the master bath. Really? Nope. It is a good way to increase the value of your house so you can sell it and most know this.

And the realtor shows them two houses that don't meet their needs and the third one is the dream home. Now what are the odds of that happening each week? 100% This is the most staged HGTV that I have seen. I know House Hunters use clients who have already chosen their home but it is fun to guess anyway. I am pretty bored with that one too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I used to love it to, now I find that I only like to see the beginning to see what the budgets are and then the end to see if they stay or go. The in between arguing etc I usually skip.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I used to love it to, now I find that I only like to see the beginning to see what the budgets are and then the end to see if they stay or go. The in between arguing etc I usually skip.
    I did that too and even became bored with that. Decorating is a passion of mine so I tend to get hooked on a show, watch it for awhile then take it off my list. Genevive is a curious one. She has a range from really good to Trading Spaces on a bigger budget look. Secrets from a Stylist is my current favorite and I put Color Splash back on my list. I got tired of him there for awhile.

I watched the first episode with the new host. Yuck.
    I watched the new host recently. I agree. Yuck. Too bad, as I loved the old version.

FORT Fogey

Their budget is most often 50 grand and occasionally 60. I think the owners know exactly what can go down and some may already know of the problem and just want it fixed so applied for the show. The format is so predictable that it screams scripting. Every homeowner gets mad at Hilary. Every one! I don't watch it anymore.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread