+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I like Income Property and Kitchen Cousins but while I initially liked the concept of Property Brothers the way HGTV is marketing it is making me switch channels every time I see it on the air. Where are new episodes of the Unsellables, give me repeats of Design 101 or any of Sarah's houses, please.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I like Income Property and Kitchen Cousins but while I initially liked the concept of Property Brothers the way HGTV is marketing it is making me switch channels every time I see it on the air. Where are new episodes of the Unsellables, give me repeats of Design 101 or any of Sarah's houses, please.
    I still have yet to catch an episode of Property Brothers. But I have seen all the others you mentioned. Have to admit your posts are making me NOT schedule Property Brothers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What bugs me about Property Brothers, though, is how quickly the renovations are done and the cost.
    Same with Income Property. How could it cost only $15,000 to renovate a downstairs second apartment when it cost me that much just to renovate my tiny bathroom?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

My car will be in an upcoming HGTV show. We ate at a local restaurant and after we ordered a film crew showed up. The restaurant knew in advance since there was a disclaimer on the door regarding the filming. We watched them film an African American couple come into the restaurant several times. They parked right next to our car and they re-filmed them walking in from their car several times. Other then our car, we won't be in any shots because they had the couple eat in a corner of the bar and we were eating in the main restaurant area. When we left they weren't actively filming.

The waiters weren't sure of the exact show but they knew it was HGTV and that it was one of those shows where a couple buys a new house. Interesting to see the "reality" involved.

It sounds like House Hunters as the buyers usually are shown meeting somewhere to discuss the houses; sometimes a park, sometimes a coffee house, etc. It could also be Property Virgins as I believe the new show is filming in NY and surrounding areas. Cool beans about your car.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love Sarah 101. I absolutely love Tommy on her show he is so funny. Not a fan of Property Brothers and don't like the new host on Property Virgins. I usually watch House Hunters. I also like Color Splash just because David Bromstad is a hoot and I want one of his paintings.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Luv For Rent also, Jody is pregnant and they are showing floor plans of the apartments and telling the square footage.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Dear HGTV,
    I CANNOT STAND THE PROPERTY BROTHERS!
    Please cancel them.
    Thank you.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It sounds like House Hunters as the buyers usually are shown meeting somewhere to discuss the houses; sometimes a park, sometimes a coffee house, etc. It could also be Property Virgins as I believe the new show is filming in NY and surrounding areas. Cool beans about your car.
    Yeah those were the two possible shows that we thought about. We will be watching the listings to see when they have a Maryland episode. My car feels like a star now

Still waiting for the episode of Diners, Drivins, and Dives that was filmed a couple months ago in one of my favorite dive mexican locations.

Stumbled upon this channel recently and am now addicted to For Rent, Property Virgins, and House Hunters (especially the International ones). I can't resist the shows where they look at and choose houses. I love looking at houses and always have.

I don't like the new host on PV either. I liked the old host better. But I still like the show. One thing though: why is it always 3 homes that the people choose from on these shows?

Sometimes it seems like all 3 homes are sort of underwhelming.

I've seen Property Brothers, and it seems like the format is always exactly the same. Couple outraged by houses until they see plans, couple chooses home, brothers begin reno, couple wants other changes made, other problems are found during reno, time is of the essence! Budget is on the line! Brother renovates home on time and couple is happy.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread