+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Wow! 10 years! You go, Sandra - I hope we do get to watch your new show in the territories. I haven't caught the new version of Property Versions, yet, but from the commercials, I could see where you didn't like the new host. Living in the western states I loved that the majority of Sandra's shows took place in and around Toronto. I almost feel like I know the neighborhoods. I love Selling New York as I've never been there, but, of course that is the high end glam end of the market. I do enjoy House Hunters when they go to the northeast...it's just, until I read the blurb, I was feeling let down when I discovered Sandra was no longer the host.

I'll probably run into it and then I'll make up my mind.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Wow! 10 years! You go, Sandra - I hope we do get to watch your new show in the territories. I haven't caught the new version of Property Versions, yet, but from the commercials, I could see where you didn't like the new host. Living in the western states I loved that the majority of Sandra's shows took place in and around Toronto. I almost feel like I know the neighborhoods. I love Selling New York as I've never been there, but, of course that is the high end glam end of the market. I do enjoy House Hunters when they go to the northeast...it's just, until I read the blurb, I was feeling let down when I discovered Sandra was no longer the host.

I'll probably run into it and then I'll make up my mind.
    I am thinking 10 HGTV TV seasaons are not the same as 10 years. I remember the very first time Property Virgins was on and it was not 10 years ago. My very first impression is wow they have a normal sized person, a regular person, on as the host how interesting. I always have liked Sandra and she seemed as if she really cared about her clients.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sorry - years and seasons do not always equate. It is still a wonderful accomplishment and I hope she has success with her new series.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks for letting us know what happened to Sandra. When I recently started to watch PV and saw the new host instead of Sandra, it didn't take long before I changed the channel. Stinks because she made it one of my favorite shows. I wish her succuess in her new show and will watch it if we get it here in the states.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks for the info on Sandra Rinomato, Bearcata. I was wondering why she was being replaced. I just saw the new host, Egypt Sherrod, for the first time last night. I'll reserve any judgment until I see more episodes. As a New Yorker, though, I have to say I was excited to see properties in NY. I did enjoy seeing Toronto digs, although from time to time Sandra ventured into U.S. locales. I remember one episode which was filmed in Texas. I am wondering if all ten seasons were shown in the U.S. market, regardless of the time in years. If it was, I was unaware of this show, because I haven't seen maybe more than three seasons, if that.

I am so over seeing endless repeats of the Property Brothers. Go away.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm sorry to say that I HATE Property Brothers and it is an hour show! My new favorite is Kitchen Cousins - love me some Anthony.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like Property Brothers, EXCEPT for their thing about showing homeowners a house that is way outside of their budget to supposedly "bring them back to reality". None of the people I've seen needed a reality check. I think it's normal for people to have a wishlist of things they want in a house, knowing that they're not going to get all of those things. It's helpful to the real estate agent, though, to know what they're looking for so that if a house in their price range becomes available and happens to have some of those features, they can be called in to take a look at it.

Another thing I don't get is when negotiations for a house start going higher than they anticipated, why don't they go back to the second choice house the couple looked at? I've seen so many episodes where the house the couple ultimately chose got in a bidding war or the owner wasn't willing to come down as much in price as the brothers planned for and the couple had to sacrifice some of the items they wanted in the house. Personally, I think I'd rather take another look at the second choice house in that situation. They've never offered that as an option.

The thing I don't understand about Property Brothers is that they say they can give the couple EVERYTHING on their wish list and stay within budget, then they only redo a couple of rooms. What about the rest of the house that looked like trash? Other than that, I've enjoyed the show.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Nanarama, last night's episode was a prime example of what you mentioned. The couple chose the more expensive of the two homes and were left with only a $40, 000 renovation budget. They were only able to give them a luxurious third floor master suite with en suite bath with the antique claw foot tub the woman desired. If they had chosen the other house, which had a price tag of over a hundred thousand dollars less, they would have had a complete redo including designer kitchen, bath, bedrooms, etc. But, the heart wants what the heart wants and to that couple it was worth paying more to get the house in the LOCATION they wanted. It always comes back to location.

What bugs me about Property Brothers, though, is how quickly the renovations are done and the cost. I am wondering if prior to this show was Jonathan able to get the work done as quickly? I am assuming for the show they give him a crew and they work non-stop to get the work done within the usual 4-6 week time frame he usually gives. I know different areas of the country have different costs but sometimes what he can accomplish on a $100, 000 -$150, 000 budget amazes me. Total gut jobs and rebuilding the entire house back.

+ Reply to Thread