+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: HGTV Shows

Cornholio,
    I saw that episode as well but I thought the budget was 7,000 not 70,000. I absolutely detested the design but then again I am not too keen on the Novogratz's design style anyway. I thought the sectional sofa, which I guess was a Danish style, looked terribly uncomfortable. I hated the coffee tables, the tiki bar was okay but the one stool was ridiculous and looked ratty to boot!

I just can't warm up to them as a whole... they've got that whole gaggle of kids who always look so unkempt. They must do alright, though, because their NYC apartment must have set them back a bundle (if they own it) and if they rent, the rent is surely steep!

What bugs me about the Novogratz's I remember they where putting wallpaper up in these girls rooms and it got put up wrinkled and they went on to say that that was a cool look. If I am paying a interior designer to put up wallpaper it better be put up without wrinkles. It just felt that was a load of BS.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really thought I heard $70,000! I hope I was wrong ECM! But I think I'd still be angry even if the budget was only $7,000. You'd be better off going to Rooms to Go and buying a living room set having your salesperson to look at your paint chips to help you pick a color!

I remember the beach house with the 2 girls - the wrinkly wallpaper really stood out for me too. It was that "ghost girl" graffiti art and I think it wasn't really wallpaper but paper posters glued to the wall. Ugh!

Oct 3, 2011 - Showhouse Showdown - Fresno, California - Nathan vs Christine

1. Master bedroom - ugh Christine missed the mark. I could live with the turquoise feature wall but the flowers had to go. The rest of the room felt flat and unfinished. Nathan on the other hand had layers and texture and a room that both men and women could relax in. Liked the wainscoting and the chocolate walls and his paintings. Yes the armoire was too big, did he really need the sofa by the foot of the bed. But overall his master was way better.

2. dining room - both were good, but felt that Nathan pulled it off better with the darker furniture and the feature wall of wainscoting.

3. Kitchen - liked both kitchens, but felt that the pub table in Christine's was too big in scale. Really liked the way Nathan had the island in expresso and white countertops and the other cabinets in white and dark countertops. This could be a draw.

4. family room - liked both,, just wish Nathan's had a TV.

5. bonus room - both misses, Christine's more so with the dark wallpaper, putting a dark table and chairs and dark curtains. Very unbalanced.

I think Christine uses way too much wallpaper but both designers were well matched. Nathan won.
    Allie likes this.

I love Dina's Party and next Monday she will be a client on Chris March's new show, Mad Design, on Bravo. I really like that she tries to give the client what they want even if she has to create a facsimile of the Palace of Fine Arts dome in a windy, rainy backyard for a wedding reception that originally went awry.

It will be dramatic to watch two over-the-top designers butt heads on Chris' new show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just finished watching the Sarah 101 marathon that aired on October 7, 2011. I am on Sarah Richardson overload. What I luv? That she is so creative in what is obviously small Victorian rowhouses. I am always amazed what Sarah can do with vintage. I hate it when I watch Design Star when they paint furniture because it looks so crappy. I do appreciate it when Sarah does it because she uses professionals to strip, prime and stray paint the pieces. Amazing what a jolt of color does to vintage pieces. Add a new knob and it looks great. Luv Tommy too.

The only thing I don't like any designer do is a bathroom where there are two sinks, especially a master bathroom is, to make the decision to go to one sink. Uh, uh, no way.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-09-2011 at 05:24 PM.

That is two weeks in a row Showcase Showhouse was supposed to be on and instead repeats of Property Brothers. What the heck is going on? What is HGTV trying to do? Hopefully it will air SS at 3am like it did last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That is two weeks in a row Showcase Showhouse was supposed to be on and instead repeats of Property Brothers. What the heck is going on? What is HGTV trying to do? Hopefully it will air SS at 3am like it did last week.
    So I am NOT crazy when I can't find it? Good to know. I really want to watch it at least once.

I picked it up after midnight, too. The Great American Handyman just finished up their second season. I don't agree with who won - as they kept saying, Jared was good with lipstick and not structure. Oh, well...the other two were better with structure, but, oh, well... Jared gets a $10,000 shopping spree at Sears along with a development deal with HGTV. Now that last is a great prize. HGTV has really opened their pockets this new season - finally.

Oh, I loved what Meg did with a loft in her newest show for Great Rooms. It really fit the couple's style.
    Moontat likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Not sure about this week... but last week Showcase Showhouse was on at a different time 8pm? (an hour before my DVR tried to record it).
    I just happened to be watching at the right time... they must be having some sort of timing issue.

Re: All American Handyman... I was rooting for Allison to win. She had a good kitchen - both judges said it had the fewest mistakes - and she had the best storage shed. Not sure why they gave the title to Jared instead... they said he was good at window dressing to hide his errors - is that what you would want in your handyman?
    Maybe Allison will get picked up on some other HGTV show - she was cute.

+ Reply to Thread