+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

more FYI:

We're Looking for Professional Interior Designers to Appear on HGTV's Newest Hit Show : About Us : Home & Garden Television

We're Looking for Professional Interior Designers to Appear on HGTV's Newest Hit Show

HGTV’s newest hit show, Showhouse Showdown is seeking talented professional interior designers across the United States!

Based on the Irish format by the same name, Showhouse Showdown is a competition between two professional interior designers who take over two newly-built and identical homes or townhomes with identical budgets to create a winning interior design. At the end of each episode one designer is voted the winner by members of the public who represent the developer’s target market.

Currently casting designers in the following areas:

* Wilmington, Del.
    * Charlotte, N.C.
    * Washington, DC area
    * Boise, Idaho
    * Pittsburgh
    * Los Angeles (including Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Costa Mesa areas)
    * Oklahoma City
    * Dallas
    * Houston
    * Austin, Texas

Check back often for additions of other cities! We're looking for professional designers ONLY with tons of personality and a unique design perspective. Submit the following to hgtvcast@gmail.com

* Two recent photos: a professional one is fine along with a casual full body shot
    * A short paragraph describing your design aesthetic and what makes you unique as a designer
    * At least 4 photographs from your portfolio showcasing your work
    * A couple of words to describe your personality
    * Link to your website and any video that exists
    * Resume and contact information
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Also liking Sarah 101 on Saturdays at 4:30pm EDT.

Loving this interior design how to 101 show. But I like how she integrates, salvage, inexpensive and expensive pieces as well as color into one cohesive whole.
    Allie, Cornholio and Debb70 like this.

I'm really liking Property Brothers. The two brothers sell clients a house and rennovate it to make it their dream home. It's very much like the other show that was on where an architect would shop for a house with the clients and then show them the designs of what each house could be with remodeling (can't remember the name of it!!!). Property Brothers takes it a step further and you get to see the actual rennovations at the end, not just a computer mock-up. I've watched 3 or 4 so far, really like it.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I'm really liking Property Brothers. The two brothers sell clients a house and rennovate it to make it their dream home. It's very much like the other show that was on where an architect would shop for a house with the clients and then show them the designs of what each house could be with remodeling (can't remember the name of it!!!). Property Brothers takes it a step further and you get to see the actual rennovations at the end, not just a computer mock-up. I've watched 3 or 4 so far, really like it.
    I think it's Hidden Potential.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Also liking Sarah 101 on Saturdays at 4:30pm EDT.

Loving this interior design how to 101 show. But I like how she integrates, salvage, inexpensive and expensive pieces as well as color into one cohesive whole.
    Me too. Sarah also has another show that is called something with Design in it. I'll have to look it up. She's great IMO. I do think she's a little hung up on the linen, beige, white, tan, etc. I wish she would get back to some more colors soon.

One show that I am NOT feeling is the one about the Dallas Designer. She designs in Dallas along with her adult daugther. Lovely people, but I detest her style. It all looks the same. Gawdy IMO. It looks very outdated, like the way Ozzy Osbourne's house in LA was decorated when his reality show came on. I think that was in the 1990's or something. It's difficult to believe her clients really like it. Has anyone else seen it?

Watching the third episode of Showhouse Showcase. They are in Oklahoma City, the properties the designers are doing are single family homes going for only $175,000, it's a starter home. I wish I could have that as my starter home. The budget is $35,000, the lowest yet and the designers are Deemah and DeLisa. So far they have done the dining room and master bedroom. Really not loving either. Deemah is doing more layers and the rooms feel more finished. So far I am not liking their color palettes. The second bedroom is next. Deemah is doing a girls room. Thought she missed it. DeLisa's second bedroom is setup as a nursery, hated the color and wall treatment at first but now that it is accessorized it looks great. At this point in the show I don't think either designer is hitting their target audience. The Kitchen is next. Deemah is brick floors, they are uneven, and the room quiet dark. At first I thought DeLisa's kitchen would be too blingy, but I like the linen wall treatment, like the balance of dark and light colors, like the eat in area. So far am liking two of DeLisa's rooms. I don't like either of the dining rooms or master bedrooms. I do see a lot of dark colors that I don't like. Finally the living rooms. Again both rooms are sorta even. I do think the entertainment center in DeLisa's living room is too big. DeLisa wins.

Overall the designers from episode 2 are still my favorites.

Deemah was going for French Provencial and I'd say she did - even down to the uneven cobblestones in the kitchen/dinette. It was so funny when the cafe table wobbled because of them. She blew it off, but you could see she looked a little worried. At first I was all about Deemah for the dining room and master...but Delisa took it home - as you said Bearcata - with her version of bling. I hate bling, but I did like her wall treatments. In the end, I would have voted for Delisa.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Cornholio, I enjoy Property Brothers as well. HGTV will be adding another show by the end of the year starring relatives who are cousins.

Before year’s end, HGTV will also premiere “Kitchen Cousins” (13 episodes) and “Weekends with Luis” (seven episodes).

In “Kitchen Cousins,” Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri, designers/contractors and cousins, run a New Jersey-based, family construction company – to pay the bills. Their passion, however, is designing and building dream kitchens. Cameras will shadow the pair as they remodel troubled kitchens -- turning each one into a work of art.
    HGTV adds Junk Gypsies, Kitchen Cousins and Luis Bosch - National HGTV | Examiner.com

Like the premise of Property Brothers and HGTV is really pushing it but all I see are repeats.

Watched Sarah 101 on Saturday, Oct 2, 2011. She and Tommy are doing a bachelor's condo in a black and white theme. Sarah always surprises me with her results because if someone tells me they are going to a room in a black and white theme I guess I expect everything to be in black and white with a pop of color as an accent. But in Sarah's case she uses a lot of black and white patterns and several different shades of gray as a neutral for the furniture. I also like how she gets vintage pieces and then has skilled professionals to repurpose them. I would love her list of contacts. I would not necessarily call the result a black and white theme maybe I am too literal but I find I like the results. The room ended up looking very high end but also very zen like. I like the look of the wood vintage pieces and the photo wall is great.

There is supposed to be a Sarah 101 marathon on Friday, October 7, 2011 from 2pm to 6pm.

Showhouse Showdown: October 3, 2011

Pissed. Why? My beloved bible the Sacred TV Guide said that Showhouse Showdown would be on at 9pm. HGTV.com TV listings also say the same thing. Well, it was on at 8pm and I missed it and had to record it at 3am in the morning. I missed my fix. I am one angry puppy right now. What are these people doing? Don't mess with your viewers.

Anyway it was good episode and a very close competition.

Thanks for the heads up on Kitchen Cousins, EastCoastMom, I'll definitely check that one out!

Speaking of Sarah 101's bachelor pad episode, it was great. I also loved the black and white theme softened with gray and wood-tones. It was sophisticated yet homey. I totally agree - Sarah and Tommy do a great job professionally modernizing vintage pieces with new upholstery, paint, refinishing, etc.

I watched this episode of Sarah 101 on DVR and immediately following watched the Novogratz's bachelor pad episode where they designed a bachelor pad condo for 2 roomates on a $70,000 budget. What a striking difference! I can't believe how the Novogratz's use junky old furniture that looks like it was found on the curb without re-habbing it at all! For example, the tiki bar they found was great, but they used the one original bar stool in poor condition with a dirty blue vinyl seat along with a glossy black plastic bar stool of an entirely different height. The overall design seemed unplanned and poorly executed. I wouldn't be a happy camper if I just paid $70K to have my home filled with a mix of worn-out dirty-looking garbage and new plastic furniture with cartoon animal heads and a junky "lunch" sign. There was nothing cohesive or pleasing about this space at all. I must be getting old.

+ Reply to Thread