+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

FORT Fogey

Re: HGTV Shows

A number of those people on HH are just annoying and ignorant. I love the ones who comment on decor when the furniture isn't staying. Like their taste is impeccable and the home owner's is badly flawed. The worst are those for whom the house isn't good enough..oh we'll have to tear the whole kitchen out. One woman kept using the word "humble" to describe the quality of the bathrooms...what the heck does that mean? You expct gold faucent and marble trappings.

HGTV is going to have another season of Design Star. Anyone planning on watching? After watching Antonio and Emily win the last two seasons I think this show has tanked.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

A Thread has been started in the Design Star forum located in the basement. It will probably stay there rather than moving to the top, so if you watch and want to post, you can find it there. The Thread name is Design Star 6 and they are once again filming in NYC with the same judges, but with David Bromstad as on onsite mentor. The host this year is Tanika Ray, who is currently hosting HDTV'd.

My only problem with the new season is that they changed the day from Sunday to Monday and I have a lot of shows to watch and/or record on Mondays. Somehow I'll have to find it online or later in the week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Great article about HGTV's Real Estate Intervention in the April 2011, Washingtonian.

There will be another season, yeah. Mike Aubrey will have a new co-host and the show will be filmed in Philadelphia, San Jose and Dallas. Sabrina Soto will have a new show on HGTV called High Low Projects where she decorates/creates a person's dream room for under $5,000. Debuts September 2011.

Too bad that Mike and Sabrina will no longer co-host as they had a really good chemistry. Also Mike Aubrey is a local Washington boy and has a real estate business in Gaithersburg, MD when he is not filming for HGTV.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    HGTV is going to have another season of Design Star. Anyone planning on watching? After watching Antonio and Emily win the last two seasons I think this show has tanked.
    Yes - I like this show, and am excited David is going to be showing up!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

If anyone enjoyed 9 BY DESIGN starring Bob and Courtney Novogratz (and their 7 kids) --- they have a new design show now called HOME BY NOVOGRATZ. Its on HGTV on late Saturday nights (around 9 or 10PM) so it's great for TIVO or DVR if it's too late in the evening. It's a very enjoyable show --- a little more about the actual design projects and less about their family life. But I'm just glad to have them back on TV cause I really liked watching them all, and their design work is fabulous!

Is there a new HGTV show about setting up your house for a party. I caught a bit of a commercial about it and they said something about the host being a Real Housewife?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Is there a new HGTV show about setting up your house for a party. I caught a bit of a commercial about it and they said something about the host being a Real Housewife?
    The new HGTV show starring a former RHNJ housewife is Dina Manzo's "Dina's Party." It's on HGTV on Monday nights starting this week on Aug 15th at 9PM Central time. Check your local time, of course. It should be fun, and I've always been fascinated by Dina.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    The new HGTV show starring a former RHNJ housewife is Dina Manzo's "Dina's Party." It's on HGTV on Monday nights starting this week on Aug 15th at 9PM Central time. Check your local time, of course. It should be fun, and I've always been fascinated by Dina.
    Ah, thanks! I'm hoping it won't be so over-the-top that you can't get ideas of what do to on a limited budget. :-)

Dina's Party

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OMG!!! DINA'S PARTY WAS FABULOUS!!! Just saw the 1st episode (and preview) of Dina Manzo's new party design show, "Dina's Party." it was the BEST party design show! EVER!!! Dina created a "Spaghetti-Western" theme for the party, completely transformed the house, and the end-result was truly unbelievable! And best of all, it was so much fun to watch, and Dina is totally charming and talented. I can't wait for this series to begin. Best half hour of tv I've had in a long time!!!
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread