+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

The problem with watching these shows, is I want to completely redecorate my home. I would like new furniture in the living room, but cannot justify it. I never am in that room so it all still looks brand new. Still sits like brand new and it is 6 years old. Once I remodeled the kitchen/living area 2 years ago I bought a new table, but still liked the furniture now I want new. I am not one to change things around often, but getting in that mood.
    There's no place like home!

I love Sophie and Lisa in that order. Sabrina is a fairly distance third, but I like her better than that one guy who annoys me so much I can't even remember his name. Ah, looked it up, John Gidding. He hosts curb appeal now, I believe. He irritates me.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I love Sophie and Lisa in that order. Sabrina is a fairly distance third, but I like her better than that one guy who annoys me so much I can't even remember his name. Ah, looked it up, John Gidding. He hosts curb appeal now, I believe. He irritates me.
    Really? Is there anything in particular he does that irritates you? I admit to being shallow because John is such eye candy. Gawd he's gorgeous. I hate the new Curb Appeal show now. Nothing against Atlanta and its suburbs but previously the shows took place in different towns across the U.S. I hate that we see the same neighborhoods now.

John's show premiered last season as Curb Appeal:The Block with an emphasis on fixin' up the neighborhood surrounding the main makeover.

I believe Curb Appeal is still a valid option if they want to renew it. I noticed they are beginning to place some segments in their new morning lineup. I saw one this morning (Minneapolis with host Scott - who now does Scott Towel commercials) that I hadn't seen before, but I didn't check the filming date.

They began season and series premieres this month - though David's new season hasn't shown up yet and they're showing a lot of San Francisco repeats. Truly, how and why they decide to slot programming confuses and, at times, exasperates me. Just when I'm used to a certain order, Wham! Topsy Turvey.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Really? Is there anything in particular he does that irritates you? I admit to being shallow because John is such eye candy. Gawd he's gorgeous. I hate the new Curb Appeal show now. Nothing against Atlanta and its suburbs but previously the shows took place in different towns across the U.S. I hate that we see the same neighborhoods now.
    He's just so wooden and that plasted-on smile! His voice kind of grates on my nerves as well. I guess I don't find him gorgeous. He's all yours.

OK, maybe he isn't THAT bad. I'm just cranky today.

I think the guy is very good looking, but I do find him very wooden and fake and too smiley, smiley.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    As someone who lives on the outskirts of Atlanta, it's refreshing to me to see a different area of the country. I remember in the very early days of House Hunters and Curb Appeal, all they tended to show was California. Real Estate Intervention takes place in the Maryland/D.C. area. I guess I figured it's our turn!

P.S. About John Giddings, I think that the fact that he grew up in Turkey(?) makes him seem just a little "off" from what we're used to. I remember in one episode (I've only watched a couple of times) he was confused by a comment someone made and basically didn't "get the joke."

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    As someone who lives on the outskirts of Atlanta, it's refreshing to me to see a different area of the country. I remember in the very early days of House Hunters and Curb Appeal, all they tended to show was California. Real Estate Intervention takes place in the Maryland/D.C. area. I guess I figured it's our turn!

P.S. About John Giddings, I think that the fact that he grew up in Turkey(?) makes him seem just a little "off" from what we're used to. I remember in one episode (I've only watched a couple of times) he was confused by a comment someone made and basically didn't "get the joke."
    Now him growing up in Turkey (I remember him talking about that once) is one of the things I do like. "Off" I like in a person. It's the smile smile and such I don't like.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I remember looking at a place online once that looked like it had a huge master bedroom with a king bed in the picture. When I saw it in person, I knew what they did. For the picture, they had a double bed but they put it sideways against the wall but put the pillows and blankets sideways as well so that the length of the bed looked like the width. In reality, that room would never have fit a king bed. What's the point? It didn't trick me into buying the place.
    Not that they care, but I guess they don't realize that this is fraud and false advertising --- which I believe are both civil and criminal offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Not that they care, but I guess they don't realize that this is fraud and false advertising --- which I believe are both civil and criminal offenses.
    Actually, if they didn't SAY it was a king-size bed there is no fraud or false advertising. Sleazy, yet? But illegal? I doubt it.

+ Reply to Thread