+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Sometimes the staging gives me the opposite impression, like when they throw a tiny bistro table in a corner and that's your "eat-in kitchen" and you can't help but think how useless that is for anyone who's not living alone, or when they stage a room with a twin bed to fool the eye. To me it hammers home that the space will only look good if you never put anything bigger in the room, and most of us have bigger beds, dressers, etc.

I remember looking at a place online once that looked like it had a huge master bedroom with a king bed in the picture. When I saw it in person, I knew what they did. For the picture, they had a double bed but they put it sideways against the wall but put the pillows and blankets sideways as well so that the length of the bed looked like the width. In reality, that room would never have fit a king bed. What's the point? It didn't trick me into buying the place.
    We staged our house (even bought a few pieces of furniture for it). And when did it sell? AFTER we moved and it was empty. Got asking price, too.

See I don't mind an empty space, I can get a better feel for it. What really annoys me is when the entire house is empty except for the one lone obviously old crappy sofa and wire hangers in the closets. I just get mad and think "Do the owners really expect me to clean up after them?".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yes they do, when I bought the place I live in now...I had to clean out cupboards, closets, and a shed. The couple had passed away and the family did not clean out the stuff. It had sat here for about a year before it went up for sale. It was empty otherwise and I was able to imagine where my furniture, etc would go.
    There's no place like home!

If I have to clean then the price I offer goes down.

The place was clean, until I opened a storage door and found it full of stuff. Actually was some nice things left behind. I did get several cast iron skillets (the old kind)
    I did tell my family if they ever found a stockpile of plastic grocery bags to have me put away. I found over 100
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If I have to clean then the price I offer goes down.
    I agree. When I put my house up for sale I repainted the inside of drawers in the bathroom. I was on my hands and knees with a toothbrush cleaning grout. I recalked the bathtub/shower. You name it, it was cleaned.

FORT Fan

The staging shows are my least favorite on HGTV; with one exception ... any show with Lisa LaPorta. Love her! The annoying Sabrina Soto and the even more annoying, chirpy Sophie Allsopp don't even get results. 9 out of 10 shows end with "they're still waiting on the right offer" -- three, six or nine months later!
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    The staging shows are my least favorite on HGTV; with one exception ... any show with Lisa LaPorta. Love her! The annoying Sabrina Soto and the even more annoying, chirpy Sophie Allsopp don't even get results. 9 out of 10 shows end with "they're still waiting on the right offer" -- three, six or nine months later!
    That's so funny because I like Sophie the best, then Sabrina and Lisa last. On some of the Designed to Sell shows I think that they go too far with some of the redesigns just to do something.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That's so funny because I like Sophie the best, then Sabrina and Lisa last. On some of the Designed to Sell shows I think that they go too far with some of the redesigns just to do something.
    I agree that I ADORE Sophie. She's refreshing to watch, imho. Lisa, I like her designs and theough I think Sabrina's cute, her designs annoy my. She seems to dislike anything that is more traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I agree that I ADORE Sophie. She's refreshing to watch, imho. Lisa, I like her designs and theough I think Sabrina's cute, her designs annoy my. She seems to dislike anything that is more traditional.
    Sabrina really focuses more on staging a house and that means minimal furniture to emphasize space and more modern furniture to emphasize that the house is up to date. Many of the hosts have mentioned that traditional furniture can read "old" and they don't want the house to read "old".

Still in the actual design shows you see the designers take a piece of traditional furniture and make it appear modern by either updating and fabric or changing the color.

+ Reply to Thread