+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am really liking Candice Olsen's new show "Candice Tells All". It reminds me a bit of Sarah Richardson's house series. I like to see the designers shoping and hear the reasons behind why they picked a certain item over another. I learned what "Navy" chairs are and that the ones Candice picked were made from recycled products (I thought I heard the store owner say glass). It was also interesting to hear Candice thought process as to why she picked the muted grey over a pop of color.

I also want more, Real Estate Intervention, Income Property and The Unsellables. When will we see new shows.
    I really like the Unsellables as well as Income Property. Would like to see new ones. I forgot the Unsellables was even on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I really like the Unsellables as well as Income Property. Would like to see new ones. I forgot the Unsellables was even on anymore.
    Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    Thanks. I'll have to set up my DVR to record them. I'm a bit soured on Househunters (and international) because so many of them seem to be spoiled triple-digit income types. Especially the vacation homes ones.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks. I'll have to set up my DVR to record them. I'm a bit soured on Househunters (and international) because so many of them seem to be spoiled triple-digit income types. Especially the vacation homes ones.
    The one that got me was the family of 5 who lived in Arizona and purchased a vacation home in the South Pacific or something. How much would it cost just to fly there? And at the end they interviewed the husband and wife. It had been 3 months, and the whole family had not yet managed to visit together.

Or the female business exec who bought a place in another country and had only managed to visit once in 3 months. Why bother to buy a house so far away?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I agree - I much prefer the episodes where middle class people are looking for somewhere to live because then I get to see what kind of homes typical families live in in another country. When you have someone with a million dollars to spend on a place, the condos and houses pretty much look the same no matter what country they're in.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Did anyone see Emily's (the last Design Star winner) show Saturday night? I watched the beginning and fell asleep.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I agree - I much prefer the episodes where middle class people are looking for somewhere to live because then I get to see what kind of homes typical families live in in another country. When you have someone with a million dollars to spend on a place, the condos and houses pretty much look the same no matter what country they're in.
    Yes, I also prefer the episodes where middle class people (and folks with not so much money) are looking for homes/condos because to me too, it's very interesting to see what 'typical' living is like around the world.

But I also find it interesting that NEW construction seems to look pretty much the same wherever in the world they focus on. Doesn't matter if it's extremely expensive or lower priced, when these people in exotic countries are taken to look at new construction -- whether homes or big condo buildings-- you can almost never guess from looking at the buildings or the interiors - what country or what part of the world they're in. It's such a shame that so often nowadays, the local ethnicity and characteristics of homes in all these parts of the world are not really being preserved and carried on any more --- everything is slowly becoming so homogenized.

I really liked the House Hunters International last night with the young couple trying to buy a home in Bulgaria. He was from Ireland and he had enough money left over to open an Irish pub. Loved that it was not a millionaire looking for a multimillion dollar property in Belize. I too prefer to see how regular people live in other countries.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really liked the House Hunters International last night with the young couple trying to buy a home in Bulgaria. He was from Ireland and he had enough money left over to open an Irish pub. Loved that it was not a millionaire looking for a multimillion dollar property in Belize. I too prefer to see how regular people live in other countries.
    I liked that one too! I actually like ALL of the House Hunters and HH International--particularly the tropical vacation homes... I can dream right?! Would love to figure out how people finance these vacation homes and the travel expense/time back and forth!

House Hunters International is sort of my guilty pleasure/escape. I like to see vacation homes and then marvel at how much they cost and how little you get for the money! It's fun seeing the homes and the scenery.

I'm with you Minney, I often wonder how the heck these people are financing the two homes or the ones who completely uproot their entire lives and move to another country. How do they do that?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread