+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 256 FirstFirst ... 154204244245246247248249250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2554
Like Tree1550Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Flip or Flop Vegas

This couple does a good job on the front and back facade of a house as well as the landscaping. The black and white kitchen looked good. Its the overabundance of too many tile styles in the master bathroom. There were four kinda of tile it's too much especially how Aubrey uses them.
    No goat killers on my island.

We live in SoCAL. Been here 10 years (this July) and coming from Boston, I soooooo MISS my basement.

It was HUGE. I had everything down there. A walk out to the backyard through sliders. A giant playroom for the kiddos. A totally separate room for my washer and dryer which was huge. A separate room for the A/C unit and the Furnace and the Oil tank which my hubby put his workbench in. A huge closet for all our coats when we would switch out seasons. PLUS a whole section for just basic regular storage .... like all your XMAS decors.

In CALI.......NO BASEMENTS. Because of EQ's.

NOW GOOD BONES THIS WEEK.

I loved the house BUT BUT BUT I would never ever want my MICROWAVE basically on the floor.......did you all see where they put that Microwave...... Bending over down to the floor to use it would NOT
    fly with me at all.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    We live in SoCAL. Been here 10 years (this July) and coming from Boston, I soooooo MISS my basement.

It was HUGE. I had everything down there. A walk out to the backyard through sliders. A giant playroom for the kiddos. A totally separate room for my washer and dryer which was huge. A separate room for the A/C unit and the Furnace and the Oil tank which my hubby put his workbench in. A huge closet for all our coats when we would switch out seasons. PLUS a whole section for just basic regular storage .... like all your XMAS decors.

I loved the house BUT BUT BUT I would never ever want my MICROWAVE basically on the floor.......did you all see where they put that Microwave...... Bending over down to the floor to use it would NOT
    fly with me at al
    l.
    It was suggested to me to put my microwave in the island when I remodel my kitchen and I was like "are you crazy". The island microwave are designed to slide out and you put stuff inside from the top and can program the unit also from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

fly with me at all.
    I agree about the microwave. It was low and on the other side of the counter from the main work space. That's bad, but not quite as bad as on that barn to house makeover that they did for the injured Marine and his girlfriend on this season of Fixer Upper. I was shocked to see that Joanna had put the microwave in a butler's pantry off the kitchen. I use my microwave a lot, and I would not be happy about going to another room to use it. (I think it was also mounted below a counter top, which I find so strange.)

It was this house, in case anyone needs a reminder, but you can't see the microwave in the pictures. https://www.hgtv.com/shows/fixer-upper/the-all-american-farmhouse-pictures
    momrek06 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It was suggested to me to put my microwave in the island when I remodel my kitchen and I was like "are you crazy". The island microwave are designed to slide out and you put stuff inside from the top and can program the unit also from the top.
    It would have been nice if they SHOWED that.

BUT you still have to squat down OR bend over to look into it.

Also, I want my kitchen loaded with cabinets ... this new thing by putting SHELVING in a kitchen as vs cabinets does not fly with me at all. I do not want to see all my dishes exposed all the time.
    I like a neat tidy kitchen. Everything put away until needed.
    Miss_Griss and tapper01 like this.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I just don't see how all the dishware would not get so dusty with the open shelving. It's a no for me as well.
    Miss_Griss, Bearcata and momrek06 like this.

Kao

I was sad watching this week's Good Bones. I like it when they renovate those poor houses, not tear them down. However, that poor house...there was no hope for it.

With that said, I really liked the new build. My favorite spot was the second seating area on the second floor, and the bathroom.

FoF Vegas: I'm convinced that the Vegas style entails lots of bling and people there dig it, because each week she decks out the house like a glittery magpie nest--and the houses sell (most of the time over asking. I watched the new show with Gabrielle Union and her husband, but I feel like I know way too much about this couple's personal life to buy what they're trying to sell here. Which is a shame, because she's a marvelous host.
    waywyrd and Miss_Griss like this.

I'm not a fan of the low microwaves, either. And I've never had a house with a basement - it's all attics, crawlspaces, and garages here.

FoF Vegas - I liked the overall color scheme, but I agree with the comment above about tooo many different tiles all over the house. Nothing was tied together, it was all random styles scattered about. I wasn't a huge fan of the random tiles placed on the floor, either. Nor of the painted grass, but I guess that's a thing out there.

I did watch that show with Gabrielle, and while they did a great job, that super modern style on the exterior just isn't my thing. She is a really good host, though.
    momrek06 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Recently one of the authors I read put her house on the market and even she is amazed at the differences a stager makes to the home. Her home is in Texas and I noticed on Zillow that they like to use tile on the floor as it is cooler but many builders are still using the square brown looks like stone floor tile and placing the tile in a stack or diagonal bond. It is so boring. Doing a running bond pattern even with square tile is so much more interesting.

Good Bones was fantastic this week doing the East side of a town home. The staging was absolute perfection. I loved the color palette and thought the color of the lower kitchen cabinets was wonderful. I just thought the layout of the kitchen was a bit off with the sink so far away from the stove. While I liked the size and style of the island wasn't it in the middle of the work triangle and in the way walking from the sink to the stove???

I wonder what the ladies did with the basement as they talked about putting footers in there, and there was space for storage down there?

+ Reply to Thread