+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I like that show as well. I love Sabrina Soto and on Intervention they show her staff helping to make changes to the dwelling. Mike was great as a "chosen" Realtor on Sabrina's other show.

I noticed one of HGTV's Christmas cheer fillers was done by Emily (last Design Star Winner) and it showed a fairly large cast surrounding her as they said hello from her "Stylist" show. One face that looked familiar was on a previous show called The Stagers that took place in LA. I swear he looks just like the dark haired ego maniac who was always running around and tearing his hair out. Anyway - Emily may have more episodes coming up in the New Year. She only had the one this past season.

Genevieve Gorder is going to be the hostess for the White House tour this year...coming up later this week. The hostess I really liked was Sabrina Soto and I wish that she would do it again.

Ads are up for casting for Design Star. I hope they re-visit one of their earlier formulas. Bring Back Clive!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4123051;
    I like that show as well. I love Sabrina Soto and on Intervention they show her staff helping to make changes to the dwelling. Mike was great as a "chosen" Realtor on Sabrina's other show.

I noticed one of HGTV's Christmas cheer fillers was done by Emily (last Design Star Winner) and it showed a fairly large cast surrounding her as they said hello from her "Stylist" show. One face that looked familiar was on a previous show called The Stagers that took place in LA. I swear he looks just like the dark haired ego maniac who was always running around and tearing his hair out. Anyway - Emily may have more episodes coming up in the New Year. She only had the one this past season.

Genevieve Gorder is going to be the hostess for the White House tour this year...coming up later this week. The hostess I really liked was Sabrina Soto and I wish that she would do it again.

Ads are up for casting for Design Star. I hope they re-visit one of their earlier formulas. Bring Back Clive!
    Counldn't stand Antonio or Emily, HGTV does need to change the formula of the show and we need more white room challenges.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am really starting to like the staging shows and wish they would show more of Sabrina Soto and Sophie from the Unsellables.

Watched the 12/14/10 episode of Real Estate Intervention. The house was located in the Capital Hill area of Washington DC. Again I can't believe the greed or is it blinders on the home owners. They want to list their house at $625,000 when the comparables are in the $539,000 to $549,000 range. To be honest I thought the sold comparable had higher value then their house because it actually had a front yard and a backyard and 2 dedicated parking spaces in back and yet this couple thought they could list their house for $65,000 more dollars. Incredible.

Oh, the couple bought the house in 1999 for $149,000 and put about $80,000 into it. Being pretty conservative they paid off their house and owe nothing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4127069;
    Watched the 12/14/10 episode of Real Estate Intervention. The house was located in the Capital Hill area of Washington DC. Again I can't believe the greed or is it blinders on the home owners. They want to list their house at $625,000 when the comparables are in the $539,000 to $549,000 range. To be honest I thought the sold comparable had higher value then their house because it actually had a front yard and a backyard and 2 dedicated parking spaces in back and yet this couple thought they could list their house for $65,000 more dollars. Incredible.

Oh, the couple bought the house in 1999 for $149,000 and put about $80,000 into it. Being pretty conservative they paid off their house and owe nothing on it.
    I started watching that then got distracted by a phone call. Did they say what the house did sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4127196;
    I started watching that then got distracted by a phone call. Did they say what the house did sell for?
    They decided to wait until spring to try to sell the home.

FORT Fanatic

My problem with "Real Estate Intervention" is they rarely tell what the house finally sold for or how long it actually did take to sell. The mostly end the show with something to the effect; "now the house shows better and should have lots of interest". How does that prove the whole staging process works? Seriously, wouldnt most houses sell faster for less money?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Has anybody heard anything about "9 by Design"? I'm hoping there will be a second season cause I was surprised how much I enjoyed seasone one.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4127890;
    My problem with "Real Estate Intervention" is they rarely tell what the house finally sold for or how long it actually did take to sell. The mostly end the show with something to the effect; "now the house shows better and should have lots of interest". How does that prove the whole staging process works? Seriously, wouldnt most houses sell faster for less money?
    I think they like when a house doesn't sell because it makes it more likely their advice was correct. When a house does sell, they run the risk of it going for more than they advised them to list it at.

Realtors will always advise you to list it lower because the difference in their commission is miniscule and what matters most to them is volume. The more houses they can sell in a month the more commission they will make, not whether you sold for $10K more or less. Like you said, most houses will sell faster if you list it lower.

Still, most of the time they get people on Real Estate Intervention who are really stuck on the prices we saw during the boom, or who put lots of money into their house that they're never going to see if they have to sell their house.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

My favorites are the design oriented shows. I can do without the real estate ones (Designed to Sell, Get it Sold, Intervention, House Hunters, Selling New York, The Unsellables (though the host is adorable.) I am not in market to buy or sale at this time. Because of the economy a lot of us are staying put and making our spaces work. I think they should focus more on the shows that remake, re-design, and spruce up our current digs. I wish they would bring back my three favorite shows with new episodes (Colour Confidential (love the color wheel), Color Correction, and Get it Together (Chaise Dakota was beautiful and really good at merging conflicting styles of the couple.) I also think they should move Bromstat to his original format and cast and bring back Myles of Style. BTW does anybody know what happened to Jen who won season 3 of Design Star? Never saw a show from her. I loved her style. Also love Sarah's House as her design astetic is similar to mine (especially the farm house.) I love to mix antiques with modern pieces and I love things with history and character. Also the fabrics and paint colors are great. I would move into the farmhouse in a heart beat. Sorry alot of posts to catch up on.
    Last edited by bevorules; 12-16-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread