+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 240 FirstFirst ... 136186226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2400
Like Tree1445Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I agree she hasn't done well with paint colors the last 2 houses. The pastor didn't like orange and some of the colors she used looked orange to me. I was like, did you hear what he said.
    I watched the reveal on another tv and on that tv screen yes the doors looked more a very dark, dark rust orange. Some of the other doors were more orange than some and I have to think isn't this orange or was it so dark Erin thought it would be OK.
    No goat killers on my island.

Is there a new trend out there where the trim is now being painted colors. If so I hate it. Flip or Flop Nashville's last night had colored trim and it was different colors in different rooms.....ugh don't like.
    I don't know what the chick expected to get for a 110,000.00 on House Hunters last night. Sure isn't going to be top of the line 3bed/2bath in Fort Worth, Tx. These peoples expectations blow me away or this show is highly scripted.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Fixer Upper - the Clubhouse

That home was huge and I don't think we saw everything they did as I don't remember going through the old master bathroom at all. It was almost too much. While I liked the den, the vaulted ceiling, the kitchen and sunroom it just started to feel like too much space. I did like the Waco version of French Country, and I really like and appreciate the white oak. Did anyone notice that the top of Clint's coffee table was given the white oak look, the finish was definitely different.

Flip or Flop Nashville - Season 1 Episode 4 - "All Hands on Deck" - February 8, 2018

Didn't realize it was only episode 4 it seems as if this show has been on longer. Glad to see them doing a slightly larger home. Totally shocked that they said there was no heat or ac in the basement. Where was the furnace located and the AC then? Was surprised that they didn't open up the space between the living room and kitchen more. Surprised at how high end the kitchen looked. I didn't think they would be able to do much with the den to master bedroom conversion. Confused as to why they put in plants that will totally overwhelm the house in 3 or 4 years.

Totally HATED, HATED, HATED, being lied to. That fake acting about the masons not doing the bathroom window correctly. They NEVER came back and fixed it. It looked better with all the brick painted white but you can pause it or not and still see all the crooked bricks on either side of the window and the big wave or dip the bricks made under the window. Starts at the 26:15 min mark and about 20 sec past that. Then there was that cheap looking light by the back door that looks as if it was placed partially on the door sill. Like it would have killed them to get a better looking light fixture and put it in a better place. Just speaks of cheap, cheap, cheap and very poor craftsmanship and ripping people off.
    nennie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Flip or Flop Nashville - Season 1 Episode 4 - "All Hands on Deck" - February 8, 2018

Didn't realize it was only episode 4 it seems as if this show has been on longer. Glad to see them doing a slightly larger home. Totally shocked that they said there was no heat or ac in the basement. Where was the furnace located and the AC then? Was surprised that they didn't open up the space between the living room and kitchen more. Surprised at how high end the kitchen looked. I didn't think they would be able to do much with the den to master bedroom conversion. Confused as to why they put in plants that will totally overwhelm the house in 3 or 4 years.

Totally HATED, HATED, HATED, being lied to. That fake acting about the masons not doing the bathroom window correctly. They NEVER came back and fixed it. It looked better with all the brick painted white but you can pause it or not and still see all the crooked bricks on either side of the window and the big wave or dip the bricks made under the window. Starts at the 26:15 min mark and about 20 sec past that. Then there was that cheap looking light by the back door that looks as if it was placed partially on the door sill. Like it would have killed them to get a better looking light fixture and put it in a better place. Just speaks of cheap, cheap, cheap and very poor craftsmanship and ripping people off.
    I think Flip or Flop Nashville is done on the cheap. Not real crazy about her designs. I personally think a lot of these houses are way overpriced. Makes me wonder when they go to sell it if it will bring the price they paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Fixer Upper - the Clubhouse

That home was huge and I don't think we saw everything they did as I don't remember going through the old master bathroom at all. It was almost too much. While I liked the den, the vaulted ceiling, the kitchen and sunroom it just started to feel like too much space. I did like the Waco version of French Country, and I really like and appreciate the white oak. Did anyone notice that the top of Clint's coffee table was given the white oak look, the finish was definitely different.

I noticed it too. Didn't care for the coffee table.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I don't care for most of Clint Harp's designs. I mean, they are fine, but I have woodworkers in my husband's family who could do the same or better and they are not doing this for their livelihood. Wow, I just cannot believe what a little over $400,000 gets you in the Waco area! That clubhouse pick they chose was the smallest of the 3, from what I remember, and the cheapest. Still, it came in at over 3,500 square feet and that was before they added the 700 square feet or so. Why they needed it bigger, idk. So, this has been something I have been wondering about, especially with regards to this episode. From what I recall, the max budget was 850K. The purchase price was a little over 400K. So, why, oh why does the renovation budget have to be 425K, all the way up to their max budget? Was the home really outdated? Did it really need over 400K worth of renovations? I thought the house was pretty nice as is. But then again, I would not rip out perfectly nice kitchen cupboards just to get the highly coveted (in their minds) white cabinetry with subway tile backsplash. For the life of me, I cannot remember if this was one of those instances where the kitchen was pretty nice. Just saying it is a pet peeve of mine. IDK, I guess I am just easy. I've been living with solid golden oak cupboards for 20+ years now and Horror!!! black formica countertops. I did switch out stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator for stainless steel so I am in the 21st century somewhat.

If it were me, I'd do some renovations but I would rather have the $$$ in the bank/investments. Maybe they are independently wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I don't care for most of Clint Harp's designs. I mean, they are fine, but I have woodworkers in my husband's family who could do the same or better and they are not doing this for their livelihood. Wow, I just cannot believe what a little over $400,000 gets you in the Waco area! That clubhouse pick they chose was the smallest of the 3, from what I remember, and the cheapest. Still, it came in at over 3,500 square feet and that was before they added the 700 square feet or so. Why they needed it bigger, idk. So, this has been something I have been wondering about, especially with regards to this episode. From what I recall, the max budget was 850K. The purchase price was a little over 400K. So, why, oh why does the renovation budget have to be 425K, all the way up to their max budget? Was the home really outdated? Did it really need over 400K worth of renovations? I thought the house was pretty nice as is. But then again, I would not rip out perfectly nice kitchen cupboards just to get the highly coveted (in their minds) white cabinetry with subway tile backsplash. For the life of me, I cannot remember if this was one of those instances where the kitchen was pretty nice. Just saying it is a pet peeve of mine. IDK, I guess I am just easy. I've been living with solid golden oak cupboards for 20+ years now and Horror!!! black formica countertops. I did switch out stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator for stainless steel so I am in the 21st century somewhat.

If it were me, I'd do some renovations but I would rather have the $$$ in the bank/investments. Maybe they are independently wealthy.
    I am sure they have a loan for it and that is the amount they qualified for.
    As I said with 400k they could have done the whole house with money left over. I understand wanting to redo but top of the line everything is crazy. Are they wanting a HOME or a showpiece. SO many of these houses they redo don't look like I could live in it. To formal. I want comfort. Since most of them are staged I am sure they don't look like a showcase house once they get their own furniture in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post

The kitchen in this house was bad and they vaulted the ceilings and it made a huge improvement and they also totally changed the layout of kitchen.

I do think many of these couples are from outside of Waco where homes are very expensive and they being given an opportunity to build their dreamhouse and they are doing it.

Sidebar: My kitchen is twenty years old. The formica counters are falling apart, the linoleum floor is scarred, pitted and coming up in places, the veneer on the cabinets is off. I would gut the place, change the layout, and get a tile backsplash as currently I do not have one. I would reuse some of the cabinets as storage in the garage and donate the rest, they are golden oak, the cheapest the builder had and I do not like them.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    As I said with 400k they could have done the whole house with money left over. I understand wanting to redo but top of the line everything is crazy. Are they wanting a HOME or a showpiece. SO many of these houses they redo don't look like I could live in it. To formal. I want comfort. Since most of them are staged I am sure they don't look like a showcase house once they get their own furniture in.
    That's exactly why I didn't particularly care for that house. Too sterile, too formal; especially with two young kids. I much prefer the Hometown crew because at least their homes look like actual people live there.

+ Reply to Thread