+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 239 FirstFirst ... 135185225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2381
Like Tree1433Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Adding openers is friendly.

I was watching Home Town. The front door had a huge paint flaw. Peach on the outside, another color on the inside and the seam painted the inside color but big section of paint scraped off...

With Chip and Joanna, they could rebuild a house from nothing and fixed all major problems. You knew you were in good hands.

I do not think design is the young Home Town wife's fortay. .....sure will miss the Gaines

I want Good Bones back, those two ladies know how to build a house back from the ground.
    waywyrd and nennie like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Flip or Flop Nashville - this show is making me say nice things about Christina and Tarek from the original Flip or Flop show, not something I would ever do normally. Christina and Tarek work on some small houses 1,000 sq ft to 1,600 sq ft seems to be the average and they can get these small houses and open them up to look fabulous. Why is it the Nashville couple claims to fix choppy floor plans on a 1200 sq ft home and it still looks choppy and small like this week's house? I give Nashville credit for completely transforming the outside of that little brick home. They cleared out the jungle, got rid of the gutters, roof, front porch and window awnings. They painted the house a nice blue, put in a new roof, poured a new bigger front porch and walkway, added a really nice gable above the front porch, new landscaping, and fence. It looked amazing from the outside. Too bad the same cannot be said of the inside. The master bathroom looked tiny. They insist on doing a cutout between the kitchen and living room, it looks cramped to say the least. I have yet to see them deliver the whole package.
    waywyrd and nennie like this.

Home Town - the Ponders House

If your client is blue green color blind why do you use a blue green color palette through out the house. While I thought this weeks cottage turned out better than last week's blah mess, I luv'ed the bright almost turquoise blue of the house body color and the bright blue door and trim again the paint job looked horrid. OK not as bad as last weeks but still looked as if fresh paint was brushed on old flaking paint. Still not a fan of the olive green trim and some of the weird yellow walls. Liked the pastor's furniture.

I don't know what happened, Erin has done better work, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

If your client is blue green color blind why do you use a blue green color palette through out the house. While I thought this weeks cottage turned out better than last week's blah mess, I luv'ed the bright almost turquoise blue of the house body color and the bright blue door and trim again the paint job looked horrid. OK not as bad as last weeks but still looked as if fresh paint was brushed on old flaking paint. Still not a fan of the olive green trim and some of the weird yellow walls. Liked the pastor's furniture.

I don't know what happened, Erin has done better work, what happened?
    I agree she hasn't done well with paint colors the last 2 houses. The pastor didn't like orange and some of the colors she used looked orange to me. I was like, did you hear what he said.
    waywyrd likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

If your client is blue green color blind why do you use a blue green color palette through out the house...
    But they gave him a pair of glasses so he could see it! That was so odd. Why not use a color scheme the guy can see?

I liked that monster of a house on Fixer Upper. The colors were very Joanna.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    But they gave him a pair of glasses so he could see it! That was so odd. Why not use a color scheme the guy can see?

I liked that monster of a house on Fixer Upper. The colors were very Joanna.
    With a 400,000.00 reno budget every room in that house should have been remodeled. All they showed was the master bath done no bedrooms. That couple looked familiar like I have seen them on House Hunters.

Kao

I liked the fact that they gave the pastor a nice study instead of a dining room. And I LOVED the retro stove and fridge they found for the kitchen. Hopefully they treated the porch for those carpenter ants Ben found because otherwise YIKES! Loved the colors they chose for the porches, and that cute little path they made. This was a much better project than last week.

Fixer Upper: A 400k reno will buy you nice; you can do more, hire more trades, etc. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I can't deny it looked lovely. My favorite part was the backsplash in back of the stove.

In regards to Home Town the pastor was red-green color blind, my mistake, yet Erin had many on the interior doors painted a dull old blood red and the interior trim a greenish tone. Why?

Did love the outside color palette though.

In regards to Home Town the pastor was red-green color blind, my mistake, yet Erin had many on the interior doors painted a dull old blood red and the interior trim a greenish tone. Why?

Did love the outside color palette though.
    That looked orangish to me so maybe I am color blind. No matter she shouldn't have used the color. I have noticed that sometimes the designers don't listen to the clients.

FORT Newbie

Personally I loved that pastor's house! It was perfect, it looked old again but new...........if that makes sense. Not generic or cookie cutter! Maybe the red/orange was represented on tv well. And the pastor doesn't see it so it shouldn't bother him.

So glad the couple picked the Clubhouse on Fixer Upper - so much to work with that was already very well thought out. Loved the finished product but I would like to see less white!

+ Reply to Thread