+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 239 FirstFirst ... 134184224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2381
Like Tree1433Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Kao

Re: HGTV Shows

The one thing I did like was the shed they built where the door once was. At first I didn't think that it would work, but it did. I'm sorry, but I much preferred the other house that they didn't buy.

Just caught up with Home Town - I actually like that style of house, but didn't love the (dreary) colors selected. Maybe the colors were historically accurate? I noticed that crappy paint on the trim, too. I know it's a pain to scrape the old stuff off, sand and prime, but it looks like someone just painted over the old flaky mess. Boo.

Nice episode of Fixer Upper last night, they did a good job making things accessible for the boys. The front of that house looked a million times better after they took those heavy arches out.
    Bearcata likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I like Fixer Upper too. Great job on it. I loved the front after they changed it.

I saw bits and pieces of the Fords and she should have stayed in clothing design. I don't know why she painted the tile, she should have ripped it up and put hardwood down like the rest of the space. That rope thing in the round circle was ugly, cowboy decor in a mid century modern.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    cowboy decor in a mid century modern.
    And this is why I refuse to watch that horrid show. I'm tired of them ruining perfectly good MCM houses.
    waywyrd likes this.

Fixer Upper with Tim Tebow was excellent. Amazing transformation of the porte cochere it was from way too heavy to total envy and a great alternative to having a garage. It is amazing how good this series is this year, Joanna and Chip are totally more relaxed and don't feel like they are "on". I like they are showing bits with their kids. While Joanna is wonderful with her kids it is so nice to see how well Chip relates with his boys. I like that the show is going outside of it's boundaries a bit working with all these charities as Joanna and Chip had been criticized in the past about their pastor and his beliefs. It is so nice and joyful to see folks getting together to help a family without the tv show totally exploiting the situation. It feels real. It feels genuine. I sniffed a bit. This episode had so much heart.

I luv'ed the weathered wood look of the library book cases and tv built in. Liked how Chip incorporated the lead glass windows into the new design. I luv'ed that kitchen. The color palette, the cool green like grey, the navy blue island, the table attached on to the island. I would luv to have that kitchen. Liked the navy blue trim in the boys bedrooms. The bathrooms were outstanding and it was cool to see Joanna insert a pop of color and storage with the lockers. I liked that they both mentioned making the house Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant.

An outstanding episode of Fixer Upper this week and unfortunately the Home Town episode fails miserably in comparison and it is even sadder that a similar color palette was used.
    waywyrd, nennie and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I am going to miss Fixer Upper. I like Joanna's style. It is a little different.

I watched the Ford show. She did a good job turning everything white in that large house. I just wonder about the durability of a painted white floor. The white circular couch and white hanging thing--I would have liked to see something different.....It is good that they have seating though.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

I'm not sure where to post this, but this seems like as good a place as any.

For the past few weeks, I've been watching the House Hunters: Renovation seasons that are on Hulu. I'm finding it so hilarious that in almost every house where they redo the kitchen they do some variation on the exact same design: Knock out a wall, put up white shaker cabinets with a gray quartz counter top and white subway tile back splash, and throw in an island or peninsula. There may be a few variations on this theme, like painting the lower cabinets a different color or having subway tiles that are colored or textured, but I swear that 90% of them do some version of this kitchen and seem to feel like they are being so original. (I've been watching seasons 5-7, and I don't know what season they are on now, so maybe these shows are from a few years back.)

I'm not knocking the look. I actually like it a lot, but there is a definite style that's been au courant for about the last 10 years. I guess I'm just surprised that every single interior designer, regardless of where in the country they are, is proposing a variation on the exact same look. I had assumed they would be a bit more creative than that, but I guess if that's what people want, who's to tell them otherwise.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I watched the fixer upper episode with Tim Tiebow. I love fixer upper and I love Tim Tiebow, but some of the things they did for the wheelchair bound kids irked me:
    The kitchen sink for the kids had cabinet doors on the front, so the kids could not roll up to the sink. They had to parallel park next to the sink and stretch to touch the faucet.
    The desks for the kids were too high, would have been great to make adjustable height desks that could grow with the kids.
    Bathroom hooks were too high for the kids to reach.
    The race track outside had some areas that were elevated, like a little bridge. The should have extended the rails from the bridge to the point where the elevation started. If a wheelchair gets one wheel off course, the wheelchair could tip.
    The little club house was cute, but the doorway was very low.

Like everyone, I loved the driveway entrance. The original brick monstrosity Porte couchere was awful. So glad Chip removed the brick columns and made it opening cottage like.

Adding openers is friendly.

I was watching Home Town. The front door had a huge paint flaw. Peach on the outside, another color on the inside and the seam painted the inside color but big section of paint scraped off...

With Chip and Joanna, they could rebuild a house from nothing and fixed all major problems. You knew you were in good hands.

I do not think design is the young Home Town wife's fortay. .....sure will miss the Gaines
    Last edited by Lizard; 02-03-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I watched the fixer upper episode with Tim Tiebow. I love fixer upper and I love Tim Tiebow, but some of the things they did for the wheelchair bound kids irked me:
    The kitchen sink for the kids had cabinet doors on the front, so the kids could not roll up to the sink. They had to parallel park next to the sink and stretch to touch the faucet.
    The desks for the kids were too high, would have been great to make adjustable height desks that could grow with the kids.
    Bathroom hooks were too high for the kids to reach.
    The race track outside had some areas that were elevated, like a little bridge. The should have extended the rails from the bridge to the point where the elevation started. If a wheelchair gets one wheel off course, the wheelchair could tip.
    The little club house was cute, but the doorway was very low.

Like everyone, I loved the driveway entrance. The original brick monstrosity Porte couchere was awful. So glad Chip removed the brick columns and made it opening cottage like.

Actually when they had the one little boy try the kitchen sink you can see they had the doors to the cabinet open.

I think part of this height issue is these kids are going to grow so it was OK to leave items at a certain height. Remember the parents stated that the kids can get out and walk and they did show it. On top of that it was stated that this house was ADA complainant.

The clubhouse was for kids therefore lower front entry doorway; later there was a side shot of the playhouse showing the sides of the club house open all the way up making it part of the track so the kids can race thru it.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread