+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 239 FirstFirst ... 133183223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2389
Like Tree1437Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I wish they had painted the outside something other than white, it looked so...blah. A gray with the white trim and wood accents they added would have been nice. And near the end when they were showing the finished house, I noticed several decrepit old outlets on the wall that were yellowed and blobbed over with paint, but had a nice new cover on top. Why not spend the fifty cents and replace the outlet??

At least they did pour a new driveway and sidewalk.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I wish they had painted the outside something other than white, it looked so...blah. A gray with the white trim and wood accents they added would have been nice. And near the end when they were showing the finished house, I noticed several decrepit old outlets on the wall that were yellowed and blobbed over with paint, but had a nice new cover on top. Why not spend the fifty cents and replace the outlet??

At least they did pour a new driveway and sidewalk.

Missed that but yeah, that really bothers me because they are selling the house as if new then everything better be new.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Flip or Flop Nashville, renovating an 840 sq ft home. This is the second home I have seen where tearing a wall between the kitchen and living room would have been a huge improvement and they did nothing.

While I liked the cable they added to the front of the house I honestly don't know if they should have kept the original little one?

I think adding a third bedroom in that small of a home was not a good idea. I would have been more impressed if they had reconfigured the home and combined the third/paneled bedroom and kitchen and living area into one open concept and vaulted the living room also would have been a great transformation.
    It was ok but the kitchen was way to small with no dining room. The asking price was high to me. They got it too.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

KAREN

FORT Newbie

Does anyone watch any of the shows with Bryan Baeumler? I just watched the first episode of the second season of Bryan Inc and there is no sign of Adam or Paul, who have been on other shows (House of Bryan) and really "make" the show for me.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

House Hunters- Wisconsin couple with $450,000 budget. She wanted older with charm and he wanted MCM. I don't know much about MCM architecture, but I thought they were more 1 story homes. The 3rd choice was way over budget but was labeled MCM. All I can say is I LOVED the millwork!!! It was gorgeous! I would have chosen the Craftsman-style bungalow within their budget. Oodles of charm and pretty up to date. They went with the cheapest home, a Colonial.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Home Town - The Smith House - Southern Italianette

Sorry, not feeling the house, maybe it was the colors, or that what they filmed in regards to the painted mullions on the top floor and some of the other darker painted windows, it looked sloppy, I could clearly see white edges on everything and in some cases paint patch jobs. The color palette did not come across very well. While I liked the idea of the tile medallion as the stove backsplash, I don't know I just was very underwhelmed with this home.
    waywyrd likes this.

Home Town - The Smith House - Southern Italianette

Sorry, not feeling the house, maybe it was the colors, or that what they filmed in regards to the painted mullions on the top floor and some of the other darker painted windows, it looked sloppy, I could clearly see white edges on everything and in some cases paint patch jobs. The color palette did not come across very well. While I liked the idea of the tile medallion as the stove backsplash, I don't know I just was very underwhelmed with this home.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. I look at the small details and last nights wasn't up to par. Didn't like the color of paint on the trim.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. I look at the small details and last nights wasn't up to par. Didn't like the color of paint on the trim.
    I wonder if they even fixed the driveway it had some horrible cracks in it.

One other peeve about the paint job, it in places it didn't look as if they had stripped off the old paint just painted over it and it looked bad.

I wonder if they even fixed the driveway it had some horrible cracks in it.

One other peeve about the paint job, it in places it didn't look as if they had stripped off the old paint just painted over it and it looked bad.
    The outside trim was horrible. They should have replaced it all. A sloppy reno.

+ Reply to Thread