+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1445Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

FORT Newbie

Re: HGTV Shows

Loved, loved this reno! I wasn't sure I would like the open porch idea because I really liked the windows that were there.
    However it worked beautifully and the use of the windows was brillant! The house was just lovely when finished and I was very glad they picked this one. I am not a fan of distressed but that buffet was wonderful just the way it was.

Wow, Fixer Upper this week was fabulous, Jimmy Don's fixing up a shed for his boy Jed.
    waywyrd likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wow, Fixer Upper this week was fabulous, Jimmy Don's fixing up a shed for his boy Jed.
    I would have killed for a house that adorable at that age! I loved the opening from kitchen to the outside, very cool. And while it was a lot of work, that different roofline looked a lot better.

Didn't bother watching Destroyed by the Fords this week. Pff.
    woodiedog likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I would have killed for a house that adorable at that age! I loved the opening from kitchen to the outside, very cool. And while it was a lot of work, that different roofline looked a lot better.

Caught it by accident yesterday must be last week's episode, I lasted maybe 30 to 45 seconds before I switched channels. I do like the new show title, he he he.
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

I wasn't going to watch but there was nothing else on in that time slot that I watch. That stair railing was atrocious. It was completely not in keeping with the style of the house. She could have put an island in the kitchen and opted not too. The couch in the middle of the room could have been moved forward and the dining table moved there and then put an island. I will say again I wouldn't let Leann Ford do anything to my house. Sad to say it seems her brother has no input at all he has to do what she says. I am wondering how long this show will make it.
    I do believe Home Town will be the replacement for Fixer Upper. They seem to be pushing it a lot in commercial time.
    waywyrd and Kao like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I think the boy would have been better off with a couple of bedrooms. They had a lot of renovation money. They could have done that.

Right now it is a super fancy guest cottage or single person villa. I do not know if the son plans on being single that long.

Too much metal for my liking--but it has sentimental value to the son who might also work in metals
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think the boy would have been better off with a couple of bedrooms. They had a lot of renovation money. They could have done that.

Right now it is a super fancy guest cottage or single person villa. I do not know if the son plans on being single that long.

Too much metal for my liking--but it has sentimental value to the son who might also work in metals
    Why? He just turned 21 or was about too and is still living at home he now has a huge master and is basically in his own tiny house why does he need more bedrooms? He came across as a bit shy. Hopefully mom and dad will make him pay the utilities.

Considering that shed was probably not insulated and they rebuilt the entire second floor, put new electrical and whatnot not into that home and upped the quality of the finishes 1000%, don't forget the septic/sewer system they had to tie in at first I thought $50,000 to $70,000 was a lot of money maybe too much for that area but they basically built a new very high end house in the middle of nowhere.

I too would have liked a house like that at his age instead of a dorm or noisy, hard to find parking apartment building.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Kao

Did they show the bathroom in the renovated shed, or did I just miss it?

What a cute space, just right for 1-2 people. The son seemed to like it very much, and Jimmy Don loved it.

After last week's Midcentury Massacre I passed on watching Restored by the Fords.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Did they show the bathroom in the renovated shed, or did I just miss it?

What a cute space, just right for 1-2 people. The son seemed to like it very much, and Jimmy Don loved it.

After last week's Midcentury Massacre I passed on watching Restored by the Fords.
    The did show the main bathroom very briefly, a quick shot through the door and that was it.

Flip or Flop Nashville, renovating an 840 sq ft home. This is the second home I have seen where tearing a wall between the kitchen and living room would have been a huge improvement and they did nothing.

While I liked the cable they added to the front of the house I honestly don't know if they should have kept the original little one?

I think adding a third bedroom in that small of a home was not a good idea. I would have been more impressed if they had reconfigured the home and combined the third/paneled bedroom and kitchen and living area into one open concept and vaulted the living room also would have been a great transformation.

+ Reply to Thread