+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Sarh was also on a few years ago. She had long, highlighted blond hair at that time and her show focused on her design business and it showed her remodeling others' homes.
    She's one of the best designers this channel has. In fact, I think I much prefer all the Canadian shows to the ones that HGTV does here.
    Do they just have better designers there, or what?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4060038;
    Sarh was also on a few years ago. She had long, highlighted blond hair at that time and her show focused on her design business and it showed her remodeling others' homes.
    She's one of the best designers this channel has. In fact, I think I much prefer all the Canadian shows to the ones that HGTV does here.
    Do they just have better designers there, or what?
    I think it is because the shows focus on the design process and not the personality of the designer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4060276;
    I think it is because the shows focus on the design process and not the personality of the designer.
    What a concept! Imagine
    To Thine Own Self Be True

HGTV aired the season finale of Sarah's House, the season 2 finale, which is the bungalow back split. Wow, I would love to have that house. It is amazing how high end she makes it look. The finishes, the colors. She doubled the living space by finishing that basement. And those bathrooms are to die for. Very elegant, very polished, very finished. I know that one of the cabinets she used in the family room is from Ikea but she makes it look major high end. This is what a design show should be. Take that Design Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4064649;
    HGTV aired the season finale of Sarah's House, the season 2 finale, which is the bungalow back split. Wow, I would love to have that house. It is amazing how high end she makes it look. The finishes, the colors. She doubled the living space by finishing that basement. And those bathrooms are to die for. Very elegant, very polished, very finished. I know that one of the cabinets she used in the family room is from Ikea but she makes it look major high end. This is what a design show should be. Take that Design Star.
    I'll have to look out for that. I've caught the show a couple of times and have liked it. She goes high end when she needs to, but seems to spend her money wisely. And Ikea has some stuff that is pretty easy to dress up. I've liked my Ikea furniture much better than the stuff we got at Pottery Barn. It has held up much better.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

My two favorite HGTV shows are 9 by Design and Selling New York!! They're very different from each other, but both great! Does anyone have any information about a new season for either of them? I'm so hoping they will both be back for more!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I've been watching Design School (the last episode is this next week.) One of the reasons I love this is that it is NOT A COMPETITION SHOW, but a reality show that follows the students in the Super Lab (Interior Design) at FDIM in Los Angeles.

The students are the "best of the best" and they work the assigned projects for grades. The tasks are intense with design super-mentors and real world clients. They mostly work in groups of 2 or more and the personalities blossom with the stress levels. Their previous project was for two teams to present designs for a rooftop retreat for the Los Angleles Athletic Club with the winning design being implemented. The final design is for two teams to present re-designs for a hotel in Palm Springs. The rooms include the lobby, the pool area and a room with its private outdoor space. Rather than the winning team implementing their design, the hotel owners liked elements from both designs and the whole class will be "schmooching" the designs together and, under a named project manager, implement the design - which will go in their portfolios for reference in future work.

It's a great show, and makes one dream that they could go to design school and learn all that stuff - including the new three dimensional walk-through computer programs. *sigh*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4105527;
    I've been watching Design School (the last episode is this next week.) One of the reasons I love this is that it is NOT A COMPETITION SHOW, but a reality show that follows the students in the Super Lab (Interior Design) at FDIM in Los Angeles.

The students are the "best of the best" and they work the assigned projects for grades. The tasks are intense with design super-mentors and real world clients. They mostly work in groups of 2 or more and the personalities blossom with the stress levels. Their previous project was for two teams to present designs for a rooftop retreat for the Los Angleles Athletic Club with the winning design being implemented. The final design is for two teams to present re-designs for a hotel in Palm Springs. The rooms include the lobby, the pool area and a room with its private outdoor space. Rather than the winning team implementing their design, the hotel owners liked elements from both designs and the whole class will be "schmooching" the designs together and, under a named project manager, implement the design - which will go in their portfolios for reference in future work.

It's a great show, and makes one dream that they could go to design school and learn all that stuff - including the new three dimensional walk-through computer programs. *sigh*
    I love this show, too! There is certainly an element of competition, but their work is what is focal, not their personalities. It's a really refreshing reality "competition." I hope Design School will be back next season.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I had not heard of Design School. I'll need to check it out. I would love a good design show after having watched Next HGTV Design Star.

I have been watching Real Estate Intervention on Tuesday nights at 9:30pm. I am loving this show partly because it is filmed mostly in the Northern Virginia, DC, Baltimore area and I am very familiar with that area to the point I try to hunt down each episodes location.

This week's ep, Dec 8, 2010, I was a little angry over the person trying to sell his condo near the Chinatown Area of DC after only owning for just under a year because he wanted to go back to school full time. Why in the heck did you buy a $350,000 condo if you won't be working full time 10 months down the line. Very poor planning. On top of that the owner had it priced at $369,000 so he could get out of his mortgage without having to pay anyone. In this market? The comparables are $339,000. This guy is going for his PHD, hopefully not in business. How he thinks he has any equity in the property I don't know. All anyone has heard on the news for the last 3 yrs is how bad the real estate market is and this dufuss thinks it will be different for him, Please.

+ Reply to Thread